Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2004 12:50:06 PM EDT
He says if these documents came from where he thinks they might have come from, it could be "disasterous for my party".

Damage control

rip
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 12:52:49 PM EDT
[#1]
This is obviously not a CURRENT Dimocrat stratagist- must be a Clintonista... Because that is not spin, its anti-spin, is almost mia culpa
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 12:53:10 PM EDT
[#2]
ya, he was WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYY  too logical to be a democrap...............or so i would have thought
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 12:56:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I think CBS is jumping on a grenade here by insisting the memos are real, despite all evidence.  If they admit that they're bogus and CBS apologizes and admits they made a mistake, you know what the next question will be?

Where did you get these memos?  Who gave them to you?

CBS is in a lose-lose situation. There's no possible reason for them to protect a source that's bogus.  But there is if that source is the party/campaign of the man they want to win.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 12:58:28 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't think so Raven.

The Internet is going to track down WHO made those forgeries and why.  The debate is already over on if they are fake- CBS's refusal to admit reality aside- so the only continuation of this story IS finding who created them.  Weather or not CBS admits to it will just determine how hard they fall not that the truith will out.

The longer it goes without coming out the more that will be taken as proof that it was the DNC anyways.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 12:59:25 PM EDT
[#5]
www.truetype.demon.co.uk/articles/times.htm

Times (New) Roman and its part in the Development of Scalable Font Technology

In the late 1980's, Monotype redrew its Times New Roman to make it fit exactly the proportions and metrics of the Adobe-Linotype version of Times Roman. Monotype claimed that its new version was better than the Adobe-Linotype version, because of smoother curves, better detailing, and generally greater sensitivity to the original designs done for The Times and Monotype by Victor Lardent, who worked under the direction of Stanley Morison.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 1:03:45 PM EDT
[#6]

He says if these documents came from where he thinks they might have come from, it could be "disasterous for my party".

That sounds like Pat Cadell he was Carter's pollster… if so yesterday he said if the documents were fake Kerry was done and even at that the Democratic Party had still bigger problems. He said he was trying to save the Democratic Party by speaking.

To be honest I don’t think Cadell liked Kerry at all before this mess.

In addition to Cadell also said that Kerry’s slide in internal Democratic Party polling numbers had not stopped and was starting to effect his base voter, if this trend was not stopped in another couples weeks Kerry could not win. I hope he is right.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 1:05:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Ahhhhhhh, the meltdown continues and the plot thickens.

Anybody been over on DU today? How are they handling the news? If it's as comical as usual, I might have to go over and do some reading.

It's funny how all the dems were probably foaming at the mouth over CBS's story when it first broke. Now that it's been proven a bunch of shit, they are trying to distance themselves as fast as possible.

I believe this desperate attempt to discredit Bush (likely from someone within the Kerry campaign) will fracture and splinter the democratic party. The smarter democrats will try to get as far away from this as possible to save their own careers as well as to protect possible future party candidates who may be considering a run for the White House. As such, they may pull their support for Kerry, or at the least not publicly endorse him. OTOH, the more dumb democrats will continue to ride this sinking ship to the bottom.

But I think things are going to get interesting and there will be lots of uproar taking place between the dems over this situation.

-CH
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 1:06:14 PM EDT
[#8]
um, they might have a reason for not divulging where they got the document if they got the document from Dan Rather's office or home computer.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 1:07:15 PM EDT
[#9]
It was Pat Cardell. If he is truely a Democrat, he's probably the only one I have ever liked. I've seen him numerous times and I think he has always presented himself as fair and balanced.

Bomber
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 1:12:58 PM EDT
[#10]

Anybody been over on DU today? How are they handling the news? If it's as comical as usual, I might have to go over and do some reading.

Most are at their irrational best/worst.

Most at the DU are insisting the documents are real and all the fuss is a conspiracy drummed up by Karl Rove and his puppet Bush…

There are a few cracks thought… some do realize that the documents are fakes and if CBS does not come out and say they made a mistake and show the documents did not come from the Kerry camp huge and irreparable damage to them will insure.

You get the feeling the are all very worried.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 1:16:36 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
It was Pat Cardell. If he is truely a Democrat, he's probably the only one I have ever liked. I've seen him numerous times and I think he has always presented himself as fair and balanced.

Bomber

He is an old school Democrat something like Zell Miller, not a conservative but what you might call a John Kennedy Democrat.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 1:20:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Ya gotta love it how Bush keeps driving his opponents into self-destruction...it's glorious to watch...it's MEMOGATE...Kerry is going down in flames!!!

BTW, I still think the Clintons are behind all this...they want Bush to win so there will be an open seat in the White House when Hillary runs for President in 2008...

Link Posted: 9/11/2004 1:21:43 PM EDT
[#13]
That was Pat Caddell. Yes, a lib - but an honest guy in terms of how he thinks campaigns should be conducted.

He spoke out a lot against the Clinton mob running the party.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 1:46:42 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Ya gotta love it how Bush keeps driving his opponents into self-destruction...it's glorious to watch...it's MEMOGATE...Kerry is going down in flames!!!

BTW, I still think the Clintons are behind all this...they want Bush to win so there will be an open seat in the White House when Hillary runs for President in 2008...

and if this happens i hope everyone remembers her statement of we will take from you to give to all for the better..............or however she said it and i hope like hell she makes another dumbass statement like that and self destructs.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 2:02:38 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Just in time to get her ass kicked by Jeb Bush
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top