Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994 (assault weapons ban). I have been
looking for and am unable to find the statistics for the various types and
numbers of guns used in crime. I know i have seen them before. I would
apreciate any information available on this. And any other websites that
might help me

[email protected]
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 9:43:05 AM EDT
[#1]
You won't find very many statistics for this.  Assault weapons as they are defined by the  Violent Crime & Law Enforcement Act of 1994 aren't actually used in crime very much, it's something like 1% of all gun crime.  The anti groups don't want to publish numbers because then it would become obvious that the ban is not needed.
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 9:47:14 AM EDT
[#2]
You might try contacting the research division at the NRA. They've printed some of the stats in the magazine before.

You might also try a search of FBI Uniform Crime Report.
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 9:55:17 AM EDT
[#3]
I know they are a tiny percentage, i need someplace reliable to cite that from that would not be considered "a right wing progun nutcase" :)
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 11:11:49 AM EDT
[#4]
I believe you can find those stats in the FBI's Uniform Crime Reports.  I don't have a link (I don't even know if its even available online), but do a search and check the FBI's site.
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 11:19:13 AM EDT
[#5]

The FBI's Uniform Crime Reports:
[url]http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/ucr.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 5:12:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Hmm thanks that should help disprove the # of gun traces support. 10+  handguns a year and less then 1k rifles.
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 6:04:21 PM EDT
[#7]
The CDC has some info. Here is a start.
[url]http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/about/otheract/ice/guncodes.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 6:59:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top