Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/11/2004 10:24:38 AM EDT
BushDocs.pdf

One of the "Bush Memos" was dated "24 June, 1973". That date fell on a Sunday.
Another was dated "18 August 1973". That date fell on a Saturday.

Is it normal practice for military to write memos on Sunday?
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 10:26:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes, it is.

The military runs 24/7. They may have been typed up by a clerk on Sunday and signed the following day when the CO came in. Not unusual at all.

Believe me, there is MUCH more suspect with these memos than this...

ETA: This is the first look I've gotten at the actual "Documents". As prior military, I think these are complete BS.

NO ONE keeps records like these, and an order to remove someone from flight status is NOT documented as a memo to file about "how I ordered...". It would be documented in a memo saying (in present tense) something along the lines of "LT George W. Bush is hereby removed from flight status for failure to comply blah blah blah."

These are total bullshit....
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 10:27:12 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Yes, it is.

The military runs 24/7.

Thanks. I wasn't sure.

Quoted:
Believe me, there is MUCH more suspect with these memos than this...

Oh I KNOW that!

Link Posted: 9/11/2004 10:27:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 10:33:15 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
It seems this was a clumsy, hurried, unprofessional attempt at fraud--not checking the retirement date of Staudt seems just amazing.  

No way, man.. the Clintons Karl Rove WANTED them to be exposed, so Kerry would tank!

What's amazing to me, after all this, is that the President is getting his ass kicked over at electoral-vote.com
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 10:34:35 AM EDT
[#5]
The Guard and Reserves aren't referred to as "Weekend Warriors" for nothing.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 10:36:32 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
The Guard and Reserves aren't referred to as "Weekend Warriors" for nothing.

That's true, too. These groups are even more likely to perform their normal duties on weekends.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 10:36:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 10:38:39 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
It seems this was a clumsy, hurried, unprofessional attempt at fraud--not checking the retirement date of Staudt seems just amazing.  

Can you IMAGINE the riots-in-the-streets there would be right now if it was FOXNEWS who used forged memos in a hit-piece on Hanoi-John Kerry???

This is getting buried by the leftist Media-complex just like Sandy Burglar story.

Link Posted: 9/11/2004 10:44:53 AM EDT
[#9]
On a Sunday is not the big deal. On a Sunday more than a year after you retired is a hydrogen bomb!

An order obtained by The Dallas Morning News shows that Col. Walter "Buck" Staudt was honorably discharged March 1, 1972. CBS News reported this week that a memo in which Staudt was described as interfering with officers' negative evaluations of the future president's service was dated Aug. 18, 1973.

A CBS staffer stood by the story, suggesting Staudt could have continued to exert influence over Guard officials. But a former high-ranking Guard official disputed that, saying retirement would have left Staudt powerless.

seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationalpolitics/2002032742_bushguard11.html
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 12:56:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Some other things:

The terminology is all wrong.  It is decidedly NOT military.

If ANYTHING like these memos was actually official, it would have been all over W's official record. We wouldn't NEED these memos!

Memos are always written on letterhead.  These aren't.

Link Posted: 9/11/2004 1:03:28 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Can you IMAGINE the riots-in-the-streets there would be right now if it was FOXNEWS who used forged memos in a hit-piece on Hanoi-John Kerry???

This is getting buried by the leftist Media-complex just like Sandy Burglar story.

Sorry Mac but its NOT gettin buried because CBS is defying the Internet and just released a statment again claiming that its real.  As long as they keep that up it will remain in the headlines.  This is not the media commenting on something like in the Burger case... this time THEY are the news, they cannot get away with it.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=273349

Its now a pissing contest between bloggers and reporters.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 2:04:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Ever hear the term "weekend warrior"?
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 3:45:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Actually the average Air Guard Unit Flies more during the week than on Drill Weekend.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top