Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2004 9:14:39 AM EDT
He was out "registering people to vote", except he showed up at the door covered in Kerry stickers.  After asking if we were registered he asked which way we were leaning.  My girlfriend had answered the door and when he started going on about how great John Kerry was she told him to wait a minute and called for me.  She figured I would like to have some fun telling him off.

So I get to the door and he says "I was told you are leaning towards Republican".  I answer "we are" meaning we are Republican.  So then he asks "what issues with John Kerry do you have"?  I looked him square in the eyes and said "I have issues with everything that John Kerry stands for".  This guy still wasn't swayed to give up so he asked me to name one.  I wanted to go off about the AWB but I have a rule of not telling strangers who show up on my door that I have a lot of expensive firearms in the house, so I picked a different issue.  

I told him Kerry flips flops on everything and tells whatever group he's talking to what they want to hear.  I told him he talked to the pro-choice people and said he always votes for abortion but then he shows up at a church and says life begins at conception.  This guys then tries to defend Kerry.  He says "but Kerry's personal view is against abortion" to which I reply but he always votes for it.  The continued to defend Kerry saying "but Kerry is a Catholic" to which I replied and he still votes for abortion.  Then he went back to "but Kerry's personal opinion is..." this went around and around for about 30 seconds until the guy finally gave up and said "I see you have made up your mind.   Have a good day".

I don't really have a strong stance on abortion either way but the fact that Kerry can't decide which side of the issue he is on makes for a great argument.  Plus that argument is better then discussing guns and pissing off a Kerry supporter who now knows that my house has firearms in it.

I'm guessing this guy also will "accidentally lose" any Republican's vote registration card that he might get.

Link Posted: 9/11/2004 9:19:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Take a lesson from me, cuss out all solicitors and slam the door in their face.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 9:20:44 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm afraid you had more patience than I could have. At least here I don't have to worry about a Kerry supporter showing up. LOL. They don't even bother in my area.

You know, we need a ring that has the initials GWB in raised steel letters on the top of it. That way when these assclowns show up at our doors, we can send them away with a campaign ad embedded in their forehead! You'd just have to position the letters in a manner where they would appear upright after you punch them.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 10:14:54 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I'm afraid you had more patience than I could have. At least here I don't have to worry about a Kerry supporter showing up. LOL. They don't even bother in my area.

You might be suprised this year.  There are a ton of Kerry supporters all over Kentucky doing the exact same thing that this guy was.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 10:24:44 AM EDT
[#4]
just one more reason i love Texas! few kerry morons
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 10:27:22 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You might be suprised this year.  There are a ton of Kerry supporters all over Kentucky doing the exact same thing that this guy was.

Thank God only a handful will bother listening to them. I am proud to live in a "firmly red" state. I don't know how I'd handle living in certain areas of the country that are heavily "blue".

BTW, are you near Louisville? I'm SE of Lexington, not too far from Winchester.

-CH
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 10:32:22 AM EDT
[#6]
I would love to tell a Kerry supporter on my door step how much of a traitor to this country I think Kerry is. Yep, that would have been my tack.

But you done good

GM
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 11:20:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Grab a shotgun, tell 'em they're trespassin 'n rack a round into the chamber.  They shall never come back!
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 11:28:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Next time, invite him in and sit him down at the computer. Don't let him leave until he has read every arfcom post for the past week.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 11:37:49 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Next time, invite him in and sit him down at the computer. Don't let him leave until he has read every arfcom post for the past week.

Dear god that'd be torture!!  
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 1:00:55 PM EDT
[#10]
On the face of it, I'd say your uninvited "visitor" was from that MoveOn organization. They have plans to begin invading Arizona in the near future, specifically targeting 18 - 35 year-old females to "register to vote" (I'm presuming this is a demographic that demonstrates a low voter registration rate here in Arizona, and may be more susceptible to the pro-Kerry propaganda these MoveOn supporters will spew forth.) I'm sure these people are also "pushing" in those states where they feel they have even a slight chance of capturing the electoral votes. According to a story in today's local newspaper, volunteers are given scripted language to mindlessly repeat and are being trained on how Kerry would respond to some of the questions the volunteers might be asked. Many, many doors will be slammed in their faces here in Arizona ... hopefully they'll experience enough door-slamming action to dissuade these pests from continuing their cause of supporting the reprehensible Kerry.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 1:10:22 PM EDT
[#11]
My work computer got Kerry spam on it (the first spam I have ever had on my computer).  I promptly reported to the IT folks.  No soliciting in the federal workplace is legal.  Fuckheads.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 1:10:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Isn't it sad for the dems that their party has become such a joke they have to resort to Jehovah's Witness tactics to get you to pay attention?
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 1:40:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Next time, ask the guy if he has any literature and invite hime in.  Ask him to convince you.  Listen pointedly and make small nods.  If he looks like he's going to leave, ask some long-winded question about policy.  After several hours of blather, tell him to f$ck off out of your house; that you wasted his time so he couldn't convince a decent American to vote for that traitor John Kerry.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 1:47:56 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I would love to tell a Kerry supporter on my door step how much of a traitor to this country I think Kerry is. Yep, that would have been my tack.

But you done good

GM

+1

Traitor, YEP!
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 1:51:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Oh, please, PLEASE let one of those Kerry drones show up at MY house!!!
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 1:53:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Next time.....

Take your foot....

stuff it in their pooper, and post pics.
<----has been waiting a long time to use that line in a non-traditional manner.......
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 2:40:33 PM EDT
[#17]
The wife and I went to an Art Walk last night with a few friends. I was pissed when I saw a gaggle of Kerry idiot-bots had set up a table to register people to vote. And the table was full of bumper stickers and propaganda crap.  I really wish that these simpleton dolts would wake up and face the truth about the shrapnel in the ass "WAR HERO".
I never knew that they gave out Purple Hearts for self inflicted wounds caused by extreem stupidity on the part of shallow brained grenade tossing dolts trying to blow up some starving villager's rice cache. (I know that was a run on sentance but it was for effect.)

Kerry said that he and his crew never took part in any of those evil deeds against innocent civilians in VietNam. Well Hell, he got a Purple Heart for doing just that!  There were no weapons found in that village. He was caught up in the moment playing "Army". So I ask, is not starving poor villagers to death the same as any other of the "war crimes" that he spoke out against in his long-haired days?
I can see him now standing over that rice, grenade in hand, having just pulled the pin and watching the spoon fly: "Let's see... Pull pin, release, toss, run!  NO... Pull pin, run, toss. No...Pull pin KABOOM!!!!"

edited to add: If one of those Kerry morons shows up at your house, invite them in (to waste their time) and ask for a big stack of their literature to distribute to friends and your 145+ co-workers (really to burn). We should adopt some of their tactics in order to prevent our neighbors and the "uninformed" from falling victim to the two faced liar known as John Fairy.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 2:41:47 PM EDT
[#18]
It's moments like that I wish I could fart on demand.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 3:23:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 3:25:53 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Come down to Austin.  I've seen more Kerry bumper stickers here than I did back in California.

Yeah there are a lot of Granolas in Austin.  Nice landscape, shitty people.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 3:30:32 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

BTW, are you near Louisville? I'm SE of Lexington, not too far from Winchester.

I'm north of Lexington in Georgetown.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 3:30:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Well hey at least he didnt bash Bush you got to give him credit for that.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 3:30:49 PM EDT
[#23]
I like to use as many of their "Buzz words"  as I can back at them.  For example, when I am asked why I don't support them/him, I say "because I don't like racist, ignorant hate-monger, power-grabbing, liberals"  The look on their face is priceless, kind of like a dear in the headlights.  You should try it some time.  
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 3:33:01 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Come down to Austin.  I've seen more Kerry bumper stickers here than I did back in California.

Lots of nice Pie though, unfortunately lots of that Pie likes Pie as well.  Not to mention a car plastered in ignorant one-liner bumperstickers.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 3:56:49 PM EDT
[#25]
At least he was nice, I don't think many of them are that way.  
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 8:15:33 PM EDT
[#26]
[Gunny Hartman]WHY ARE YOU ON MY LAND?  WHY ARE YOU STANDING ON MY FRONT PORCH, YOU MAGGOT INFESTED, PONYTAILED, DOPE SMOKING COMMIE SANDALISTA?

GET YOUR SORRY LIBERAL ASS OFF OF MY LAND...NOW!!![/Gunny Hartman]
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 8:18:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Had a similar experience myself last week.
Giving it to the little girls
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 9:36:54 PM EDT
[#28]
If someone comes to your door campaigning for Kerry, ask them for some literature.  When they hand it to you, pull a cigarette lighter from your pocket and set the paper on fire.

Give 'em a big grin too.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 2:07:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Next time:

Link Posted: 9/12/2004 6:28:01 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
He was out "registering people to vote", except he showed up at the door covered in Kerry stickers.  After asking if we were registered he asked which way we were leaning.  My girlfriend had answered the door and when he started going on about how great John Kerry was she told him to wait a minute and called for me.  She figured I would like to have some fun telling him off.

So I get to the door and he says "I was told you are leaning towards Republican".  I answer "we are" meaning we are Republican.  So then he asks "what issues with John Kerry do you have"?  I looked him square in the eyes and said "I have issues with everything that John Kerry stands for".  This guy still wasn't swayed to give up so he asked me to name one.  I wanted to go off about the AWB but I have a rule of not telling strangers who show up on my door that I have a lot of expensive firearms in the house, so I picked a different issue.  

I told him Kerry flips flops on everything and tells whatever group he's talking to what they want to hear.  I told him he talked to the pro-choice people and said he always votes for abortion but then he shows up at a church and says life begins at conception.  This guys then tries to defend Kerry.  He says "but Kerry's personal view is against abortion" to which I reply but he always votes for it.  The continued to defend Kerry saying "but Kerry is a Catholic" to which I replied and he still votes for abortion.  Then he went back to "but Kerry's personal opinion is..." this went around and around for about 30 seconds until the guy finally gave up and said "I see you have made up your mind.   Have a good day".

I don't really have a strong stance on abortion either way but the fact that Kerry can't decide which side of the issue he is on makes for a great argument.  Plus that argument is better then discussing guns and pissing off a Kerry supporter who now knows that my house has firearms in it.

I'm guessing this guy also will "accidentally lose" any Republican's vote registration card that he might get.

You should have took a piss on his leg while he was talking all this shit
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 6:31:22 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
There are a ton of Kerry supporters all over Kentucky doing the exact same thing that this guy was.

There are Kerry supporters in your part of Kentucky?
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 6:32:08 PM EDT
[#32]
omar -- I LOOOOOVE your sig line.  Genius.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 6:42:34 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Next time, ask the guy if he has any literature and invite hime in.  Ask him to convince you.  Listen pointedly and make small nods.  If he looks like he's going to leave, ask some long-winded question about policy.  After several hours of blather, tell him to f$ck off out of your house; that you wasted his time so he couldn't convince a decent American to vote for that traitor John Kerry.

Actually, I'm planning to do exactly this... will be all the more fun when I tell him that I'm not a US citizen, so I can't vote anyway .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top