Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2004 6:26:26 AM EDT
www.discoweb.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1774

This is  just sad.  There is also a good thread over there about GWB.  I used to hang out over there a lot, now I remember why I quit.  
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 6:37:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 6:40:45 AM EDT
[#2]
That's not what that thread was about at all.

When I go to a shoot, I expect to see guns everywhere.

If I were to go to a 4X4 event, I would not want the 'marshalls' armed, so they get 'respected'

I don't care if everyone is legally carrying concealed.  But a 4X4 event, I may take my kids.  I don't know if the people with guns have a clue.

At a shoot, I know that not only will they have a clue, but if they didn't someone right next to them will clue them in  in no time flat if they are being unsafe.

TXL
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 6:52:56 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
That's not what that thread was about at all.

When I go to a shoot, I expect to see guns everywhere.

If I were to go to a 4X4 event, I would not want the 'marshalls' armed, so they get 'respected'

I don't care if everyone is legally carrying concealed.  But a 4X4 event, I may take my kids.  I don't know if the people with guns have a clue.

At a shoot, I know that not only will they have a clue, but if they didn't someone right next to them will clue them in  in no time flat if they are being unsafe.

TXL

Exactly. It reminds me of the thread about someone going open carry TO THE MOVIES?!
Its like gun owners are suddenly retarded and WANT to give us a bad name.
Nothing like using TACT in your everyday life.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 6:57:42 AM EDT
[#4]
I disagree, someone wanting to carry guns to the movies for personal protection is fine, even open carry, if legal.

The gist of this thread, was the people who were volutneering as 'Marshals' were wanting to carry so they got respected.

BIG DIFFERENCE.

TXL

Link Posted: 9/11/2004 7:07:52 AM EDT
[#5]
That's not how I read that at all.

There was mention of people not following rules, ie the respect issue.

Seperate in there was whether or not the Marshalls would be armed. The "syoung" guy said that it was not required that the Marshalls be armed, and also indicated that there was nothing that prevented them from legal carry.

Then there were a couple of ninnies that indicated the gun might jump out of the holster and go on a killing spree...........................................just because its a gun .
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 2:12:20 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I disagree, someone wanting to carry guns to the movies for personal protection is fine, even open carry, if legal.

The gist of this thread, was the people who were volutneering as 'Marshals' were wanting to carry so they got respected.

BIG DIFFERENCE.

TXL

Then lets agree to disagree.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top