Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2004 5:20:18 AM EDT
This is really good news for me, since I live on the gult coast of FL.  Anywhere further out to sea is fine with me.  I may not have to board up the house after all.  
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 5:42:52 AM EDT
[#1]
GOOD!  That fucker can keep going that way!  Maybe it will downgrade and never make landfall.  That uptight bitch Frances made it all the way to Upstate NY!  I know it wasn't as nearly as powerful as it was in Florida, but it dumped a lot of rain here.

Bilster
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 5:54:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Latest computer models all pretty much agree...looks like the panhandle this time...I sure hope so...we've had enough of this hurricane crap here in Tampa this year...

Link Posted: 9/11/2004 6:57:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Oh crap.  I'm southwest of Atlanta.  Opal Part 2, here we come!

Plus, we're still drying out from Frances.  Flooding's going to be a bitch.  
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 7:00:59 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Latest computer models all pretty much agree...looks like the panhandle this time...I sure hope so...we've had enough of this hurricane crap here in Tampa this year...

maps.wunderground.com/data/images/at200409_model.gif

I second that.  The building I work in off Westshore just got its power back on yesterday.  The block next to mine is just now getting attention by power crews.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 7:03:21 AM EDT
[#5]

I called it days ago... Landfall will be Destin Florida...

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=272028

Link Posted: 9/11/2004 7:13:12 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I called it days ago... Landfall will be Destin Florida...

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=272028

that puts me at ground zero...I don't think it will achieve it's previous strength status, maybe Cat.2 1/2. Battening down..will be ready for the crazy Ivan.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 7:22:18 AM EDT
[#7]
It is looking like most of Florida has dodged this ball,  We will still feel the effects and get a lot of rain.  the forcast show server wind thru the left half of the state.

Badredfish
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 7:30:42 AM EDT
[#8]
The farther W it goes, obviously the better for the W. Coast of FL. But that also creates a new danger. The farther W it goes, the greater it's potential to gain strength. The waters near the West Coast of FL have been churned by Charley whereas the water has been less upset the farther west you go into the Gulf. So the farther west it goes, the chance it will maintain it's strength or get even stronger increase.

-CH
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 7:31:57 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
This is really good news for me, since I live on the gult coast of FL.  Anywhere further out to sea is fine with me.  I may not have to board up the house after all.  

Thank God.  the only Hurricane I want to see was that blew by FSU at the Orange Bowl last night in overtime.

Go  Canes
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 7:42:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Look, when it crosses Cuba and they issue the projected path, I'll pay attention. Untill then it's just a WAG.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 8:00:30 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm in Tampa and the latest models are looking better from our perspective but hurricane plans are still proceeding.  The models are not reliable for planning purposes, Charlie being the most recent example.

Still, the prospects for Tampa look better and I do feel a sence of relief.  I'm just not ready to gamble on a miss just yet.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 8:05:06 AM EDT
[#12]
As with all hurricanes we are planning for the worst and praying for the best....
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 8:17:04 AM EDT
[#13]
Im fucked. Its looks like it is going to be a direct hit.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 8:21:51 AM EDT
[#14]
The track has moved every day. I will not feel safe until it has passed and that looks like Tuesday for me. I pray that it dies in the gulf.
Gerry
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 8:33:20 AM EDT
[#15]
My Tallahassee prediction still stands....

GunLvr
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 8:40:03 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Im fucked. Its looks like it is going to be a direct hit.

I feel like a dick watching the models and praying it pushes west, cause then I look north on the map and wonder who is getting whacked.

I hope for the best for you and yours.  I just wish this bastard would disappear.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 8:50:41 AM EDT
[#17]
To bad we can't do what is commonly done in a lot of disaster movies.  Nuke it!

Bilster
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 8:57:24 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
To bad we can't do what is commonly done in a lot of disaster movies.  Nuke it!

Bilster

Yeah, then we'd have a radioactive hurricane.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top