Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2004 4:05:44 AM EDT
... and people are going out of their way to tick me off!

I turned on Fox News and they were having a "discussion" (more an expression of opinions) on the AWB sunset.  Mort whatshisname went into this tirade of equating control of semi-autos to control of machine guns, and saying he'd limit mag capacity to 7 rounds, banning ALL mags that held more.

Everybody has an opinion on this issue, but very few people are speaking from a position of knowledge.

- The AWB has been ineffective, nay, useless, in curbing crime.

- There are thousands more ARs, AKs, etc., in circulation now that there were ten years ago, sans selected non-functional features.  Yet there has not been a corresponding increase in crime, especially involving these firearms.

- Bans and restrictions do not prevent criminals from getting what they want.  Laws only control the actions of law-abiding citizens, who do not pose a threat to the general public.

- I take great offense at the notion that as a law-abiding, tax paying, responsible citizen I cannot be trusted with such things while government elitists can.  Are we citizens truly sovereign?

- On Tuesday we will NOT see 6-year olds buying Uzis from car trunks, machine guns flooding our playgrounds, blood flowing in the streets, or any other apocalyptic results predicted by the antis in their fear campaigns.

OK, choir, church dismissed.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 4:09:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Bans and restrictions do not prevent criminals from getting what they want. Laws only control the actions of law-abiding citizens, who do not pose a threat to the general public.

Yup.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 4:10:50 AM EDT
[#2]
I really wish I could get in on one of those discussions.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 4:11:36 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Bans and restrictions do not prevent criminals from getting what they want. Laws only control the actions of law-abiding citizens, who do not pose a threat to the general public.

Yup.

+1
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 4:14:03 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup.

+1

+1 more...
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 4:14:18 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I really wish I could get in on one of those discussions.

Hah! They don't have discussions, they just run off at the mouth.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 4:25:02 AM EDT
[#6]
I wish they would interview someone who had a clue about firearms. Show what the assault weapons ban actually did - nothing but cosmetic changes on rifles and increase the price of pre-existing magazines that held more than 10 rounds. I am tired of these idiots saying that after it's sunset anyone can buy AK - 47's - something that most people, depending on the state, could just wank into a gunstore and buy for the last 10 years.

Look at this pick i took.

When i took it i laughed and told my wife, "at home i can walk into a gun store and buy one very similar to that. The assault weapons ban is a joke"

I know i am preaching to the choir, but what did the the ban actually do? Us law-abiding gun owners worry about following the law - proper legnth of the barrel, is it a flash hider or brake, does that stock collapse. Real criminals will just obtain the weapons they want.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 4:33:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Ban leftists, for the children.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 4:35:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Already had to respond to the "anti's" this morning on another message board. With the help of some of our other fine female forum here, who did a fantastic job with them last night, we are trying to educate the "antis" on what the ban really is and why it really makes no difference to the criminal.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top