Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2004 1:34:15 AM EDT
Me, I just won at poker tonight, and that got me wondering, did anyone here have bets going on the AWB getting renewed?  Sure there were folks here swearing up and down that it would get renewed.  I didn't take names, but hey, who put their money where their mouth was and lost?  Who won money on it not getting renewed?

Anything more interesting than $$$ at stake?  Wouldn't it be great to have some anti neighbor mowing your lawn all next summer!
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 4:05:25 AM EDT
[#1]
As a matter of fact, I won two bets made last year.  One with a another member of the FAL Files for $90 worth of gunsmithing work, and one with a coworker for $100.

Not only is the ban witch dead, I made out like a bandit on the deal!
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 5:15:28 AM EDT
[#2]
I won 2 seperate $50 bets on no renewal.

I took the bucks and placed an order with fourfourmags.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 6:59:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Won a $100 bet...

EDITED TO ADD:

...that I made after the November 2002 elections...
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 7:12:01 AM EDT
[#4]
I bet one of MY AR's against a friend's AR that the ban would sunset (this was back in April) and posted about it here.  About 60% of the people here said that I had better get ready to give him my AR.  

Because of the nice guy I am, I don't think I will make him give up his only AR to me (I have a few already).
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 7:13:34 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I bet one of MY AR's against a friend's AR that the ban would sunset (this was back in April) and posted about it here.  About 60% of the people here said that I had better get ready to give him my AR.  

Because of the nice guy I am, I don't think I will make him give up his only AR to me (I have a few already).

Hit him for a couple mags just to keep him honest.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 9:10:51 AM EDT
[#6]
I probably lost over $1,000 in pre-ban magazines I paid too much for the past 5 years.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 9:14:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Well, my pre-ban PWA is going to be worth just about as much as a postie, but I'm OK with that.  
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 9:27:02 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Won a $100 bet...

EDITED TO ADD:

...that I made after the November 2002 elections...

As soon as goat boy gets archive search going, I will be collecting some serious dinero.  After the 02 midterms, EVERYONE was betting it would not sunset.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 10:13:00 AM EDT
[#9]
I didn't make any bets. I went out a couple of months ago and bought a "preban".
Price was right for what it was, a brand new colt 6920.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 10:50:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Is it too late to call my bookie? I want in on this...

Quoted:

Not only should you take it from him, but you should donate it to ARfcom as a drawing prize to rub it in. A bet is a bet... let him pay for his pecimism. And since I came up with the idea I want my name entered at least twice.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 10:56:38 AM EDT
[#11]
I won... I won back some of the freedom I lost in 1994.

BTW, I don't regret on penny I spent on magazines.  I consider them "freedom insurance".

Link Posted: 9/11/2004 11:03:26 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Well, my pre-ban PWA is going to be worth just about as much as a postie, but I'm OK with that.  

I paid about $50-$75 more for my preban than I did for my post ban, so I'm not really losing any money on it.

I didn't bet any money just ammo. I got 1k of .223 and 1K of 7.62x39 to pick up from somone on monday, and since I came into work today and found out I have off tomarrow and monday well you can guess where I'll be all damn day monday.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 11:04:15 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

As soon as goat boy gets archive search going, I will be collecting some serious dinero.  After the 02 midterms, EVERYONE was betting it would not sunset.

? That is when it was obvious it would sunset. Tom Delay pronounced it dead before the session even started. Wish I knew those folks you are talking about, I could have made plenty of money off them too. :-)
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 12:30:17 PM EDT
[#14]
It's the most worthy bet that I've ever lost. I lost a case of Dr Pepper to a friend, I knew that they'd never let it sunset.
M
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 12:42:05 PM EDT
[#15]
there were several Bush haters here that were still swearing 3 or 4 months ago that the ban would be renewed.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 12:48:51 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
It's the most worthy bet that I've ever lost. I lost a case of Dr Pepper to a friend, I knew that they'd never let it sunset.
M

You are a stand up guy!  I salute you.

Hey..........I think you owe me one of those cases  I'm thirsty.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 12:54:18 PM EDT
[#17]
... In a way I have.

... I "bet" on the sunset by purchasing components for four sequentially numbered Mforgeries. All quality hardware too. Should be complete with the project in about 1½ days

Link Posted: 9/11/2004 1:14:21 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Is it too late to call my bookie? I want in on this...

Quoted:

Not only should you take it from him, but you should donate it to ARfcom as a drawing prize to rub it in. A bet is a bet... let him pay for his pecimism. And since I came up with the idea I want my name entered at least twice.

+1
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 1:20:36 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
... In a way I have.

... I "bet" on the sunset by purchasing components for four sequentially numbered Mforgeries. All quality hardware too. Should be complete with the project in about 1½ days

members.cox.net/winston_wolf/inv.jpg

NICE
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 1:23:04 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
... In a way I have.
members.cox.net/winston_wolf/inv.jpg

How much did that little venture run you?
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 2:59:43 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:
... In a way I have.

How much did that little venture run you?

... about $2650
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 3:11:04 PM EDT
[#22]
I won breakfast for a week at McRapper's.  Had a bet with a hard-core liberal at work who handles explosives for a living.  Go figure.   All he could talk about was that "nobody needs those type of guns. . . . . .bla. . . . .bla. . . . .bla. . . . .bla. . . . .bullet clips with 30 rounds in 5 seconds. . . . .bla. . . . . .bla. . . . .bla. . . . 66% reduction in crime. . . . .bla. . . . .bla. . . . .bla. . . . . We also have a bet about the Pres. Election.   I'll be eating at McRapper's again, I can feel it now!!!
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 3:22:35 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Me, I just won at poker tonight, and that got me wondering, did anyone here have bets going on the AWB getting renewed?  Sure there were folks here swearing up and down that it would get renewed.  I didn't take names, but hey, who put their money where their mouth was and lost?  Who won money on it not getting renewed?

Anything more interesting than $$$ at stake?  Wouldn't it be great to have some anti neighbor mowing your lawn all next summer!

I won one box of ammo from a member of this board, betting no speaker would mention AWB renewal in a RNC keynote speech...

Should have tried to raise him a case....
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 3:23:56 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I paid about $50-$75 more for my preban than I did for my post ban, so I'm not really losing any money on it.

I didn't bet any money just ammo. I got 1k of .223 and 1K of 7.62x39 to pick up from somone on monday, and since I came into work today and found out I have off tomarrow and monday well you can guess where I'll be all damn day monday.

RCLR, photo?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top