Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/10/2004 7:05:44 PM EDT
I have been checking out the EE forms and I'm not trying to flame no one but, Why would anyone want to permanently mount a flash suppressor, like the phantom or any for that matter? I can see no advantage to this. It would be kinda hard to take your front site off though.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:07:07 PM EDT
[#1]
If your barrel is under 16 inches without it, and 16 plus with it, it MUST be permanent, otherwise you are in SBR territory.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:07:59 PM EDT
[#2]
So they don't fall off?

No, actually people do this right now so they will bring a 14.5" barrel into minimum length standards (16") for their rifle.  Usually done with an Izzy brake or Phantom suppressor as they are both just barely over 1.5" long.  It's just done to be legal.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:08:24 PM EDT
[#3]
If you have a BBL that is shorter than 16", the BATF says you must permenently attach the flash suppressor/muzzle brake that bring the BBL up to the minimum 16" if you don't want to file the necesary papers to own a SBR.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:09:01 PM EDT
[#4]
oh yeh. DUH. Wasnt thinking of the 14.5.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:14:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Would rather not visit Club Fed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top