Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2004 6:25:14 PM EDT
Colt Officer's Model .45 ACP. Just picked it up. Came with an
Uncle Mike's holster and 3 mags. Anybody here have any experience
with these guns? Are they decent CCW guns?

Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:42:36 PM EDT
[#1]

Not a Colt, but I love my Kimber Ulta CDP carries very well.

Mike
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:42:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep, I have one just like that, only in stainless. I have had no problems with mine. So far as CCW, it is a matter of personal preference, how you dress, ect.

Jim
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:45:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, it is a Colt, so the sights might fall off.

I love that Kimber btw.  I hope to get one someday soon.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:47:50 PM EDT
[#4]
The funny thing is that it will outshoot the Goldcup bullseye pistol I had.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:48:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Sir, you have one very fine firearm.  I have the Colt 1991A1 and it works like a charm.

Congratulations, Panzersergeant!

Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:57:43 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Yep, I have one just like that, only in stainless.

panzersergeant's might actually be stainless; IIRC, some SS Series 80's Officers came with a matte black finish of some sort.

edoc rof detide
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:00:03 PM EDT
[#7]
I used to have an Officer's model. Sold it to buy an engagement ring.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:13:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Note to self...Never go public stating that I owned 2 Officer's Model .45acp....And never shot one of them

Note to self....Never own and not at least shoot the sumbitch....you a-hole

True story!!!...........Don't let this happen to you

P.S. I like Colt's

P.S.S...Last call for a scotch on the rocks

Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:16:21 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
img.photobucket.com/albums/v397/Michael_S/UltraCDP.jpg

Not a Colt, but I love my Kimber Ulta CDP carries very well.

Mike

Nice gun, Mike!
That Kimber sure has some smooth corners on it! Just curious; is the frame aluminum or steel?

My Colt sure does look plain compared to that Kimber...
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:18:03 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I used to have an Officer's model. Sold it to buy an engagement ring.

Please sir, never admit that on AR15.com

Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:19:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Nice, but not as purrrrrty as my Defender.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:19:23 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Really? They fall off?
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:21:56 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Colt Officer's Model .45 ACP. Just picked it up. Came with an
Uncle Mike's holster and 3 mags. Anybody here have any experience
with these guns? Are they decent CCW guns?

img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/panzersergeant/AColtinthehand.jpg

[sarcasm] They are total crap! I'll give $25 for it! [/sarcasm]

Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:22:43 PM EDT
[#14]
It's a aluminum frame. Kimber did a melt job to round out the corners. Those little .45s carry nice. I would recommend picking up some Wilson mags. They smoke just about anything else I've tried. They are even available in a 7 round model. Gives you fullsize capacity in the officer size frame.

Mike
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:23:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:26:13 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I'll believe it when I see a pic!
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:31:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:34:38 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Wow! Panzersergeant, great weapon!  I know you'll get a lot of enjoyment out of that. <envy>

Nice weapon Panzersargeant, my dad carries one and i often carry it, great carry piece.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:39:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Nice gun!

I always liked the Officers model,I too owned one that I never fired before I sold.

Now I have a Defender and a Government,both Colt and both surprisingly accurate.

Anyhoo,I really like how yours is basic,with the old commander style hammer,verticle slide cuts,small tang grip safty and solid trigger.

The Kimbers look nice,but alotta .45's these days come tricked out,I personally prefer basic and unadorned.

Nice weapon,hope it ends up working well for ya.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:44:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:45:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:56:31 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
By the way, I have some custom made grips for that pistol (one of a kind).  Let me know if you're interested.  They're yours if you want them!

Got a pic?
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:58:53 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ask, and ye shall receive.  It's not real clear, because I just set it in the scanner and Paperport makes them HUGE. I shrunk it with MSPaint.

Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:59:47 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Wow! Panzersergeant, great weapon!  I know you'll get a lot of enjoyment out of that. <envy>

Nice weapon Panzersargeant, my dad carries one and i often carry it, great carry piece.

As a CCW?  Or are you LE?  Good choice BTW.  

Just a CCW, along with a G27 and a G19, but  on The market  for a 1911 compact
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:02:42 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Really? They fall off?

Years ago they had problems like that.  I haven't heard about it for years though.  I'm just ribbing ya' anyhow.  It's a fine product you got there.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:05:04 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ask, and ye shall receive.  It's not real clear, because I just set it in the scanner and Paperport makes them HUGE. I shrunk it with MSPaint.

img.photobucket.com/albums/v374/qwertyup/Defender_Left.jpg

Not bad... just like mine only different!
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:12:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Both are very nice weapons
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 6:42:45 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Just got back from the range. The gun shoots great, but the front sight post did indeed fall off.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 6:49:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 6:55:20 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just got back from the range. The gun shoots great, but the front sight post did indeed fall off.

OMG!  I can't believe it.  Well I can, but still.  You'll get her put together and working 100%, so don't worry about it.  
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 4:06:28 PM EDT
[#31]
I have a Colt Officers Model.  One bad thing about them I experienced.  I was out shooting bowling pins one day and the little "tit" on the plunger broke and sent the recoil spring down range.  I never did recover the plunger.  I subsequently put a another barrel bushing and full length recoil rod in it.  Nothing to shear off anymore.  I  believe the kit I put on my OM was made by Wilson.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 4:12:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Henny: That is one of the major weakness of the Colt Officer's design.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 4:16:42 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
I have a Colt Officers Model.  One bad thing about them I experienced.  I was out shooting bowling pins one day and the little "tit" on the plunger broke and sent the recoil spring down range.  I never did recover the plunger.  I subsequently put a another barrel bushing and full length recoil rod in it.  Nothing to shear off anymore.  I  believe the kit I put on my OM was made by Wilson.

Does Wilson sell a "tune-up" kit to iron out the wrinkles of the Colt Officer Model? I really like the gun, but I would have had second thoughts about getting it had I known it had these inherent faults.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 4:17:13 PM EDT
[#34]
I have the Lightweight Officer's Enhanced 3-1/2" Blue LNIB

Great CCW!

Link Posted: 9/20/2004 4:50:53 PM EDT
[#35]
Not a Colt.

Link Posted: 9/20/2004 5:10:01 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

[Gay Focker] "You can milk anything that has nipples on it" [Gay Focker]
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 5:27:18 PM EDT
[#37]
I have one...great little gun and I just love the Pony...only I carry a PO LDA 12 offduty..had to have DA..andthe 13 rounds are a real nice feeling.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 5:04:19 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

I put a hundred rounds through my Colt Officer Model at the range on Sunday. The plunger tit didn't brake, but I sure enough lost the front sight post. Last night I ordered a set of 3-dot sights and a new full-length recoil rod and spring from Wilson Combat. After the fixes I intend to put a few hundred more rounds through the barrel before I decide if this will make a good carry gun or not.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 5:11:07 PM EDT
[#39]
Panzersergeant,

That sounds like a good move.  I bought my OM before there were Kimbers, but after the Detonics.  At the time it was one of the few small 45's out there.  

I hope you have luck with your OM.  I carried mine for years and still have it.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 5:15:44 PM EDT
[#40]
Whoops, must have hit the submit button twice!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top