Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/10/2004 4:33:10 PM EDT
I just bought some mags from a member here, Permaslik gets eaten by Hoppes no.9 dosen't it. DOH!!!!
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:36:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I don' t know but the permasilk mag re-dos look really nice.  Is this true?
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:39:08 PM EDT
[#2]
looks nice but it leaves residue on your hands if thats on my mags
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:42:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Permaslik is a Moly-di spray *lubricant*.  It is DESIGNED to rub off a little... just like oil or grease would.

You can remove most of the easy to rub off stuff by just buffing the mag with a paper towel.

Why would you ever get Hoppes #9 on a mag?
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:50:28 PM EDT
[#4]
So much for "perma" in permaslik
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:55:38 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Permaslik is a Moly-di spray *lubricant*.  It is DESIGNED to rub off a little... just like oil or grease would.

You can remove most of the easy to rub off stuff by just buffing the mag with a paper towel.

Why would you ever get Hoppes #9 on a mag?

I was wiping the mag that had hoppes no.9 from a few hours ago after cleaning my 10/22. i guess the hoppes was still a little wet. I left a big bald spot
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 5:00:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah.... the cool thing about a dry moly lube tho... is dry it real good, then spray it again.... and you are done.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top