Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/10/2004 4:17:43 PM EDT
Ok, this may be a stupid question, but have been looking at getting some "tac" boots (Original SWAT, Danners, etc), and am trying to decide whether or not to go with steel toes.

I've been a die hard steel toe fan for many years, and for various reasons. But am starting to wonder if in a style of boots such as these, if the steel cap would be more of a burden.

Curious to hear from those who actually use them day to day. Is the steel cap to heavy? Uncomfortable in any way?

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:19:06 PM EDT
[#1]
What are they for?  Depending on what your doing steel toe is a great way to cut your toes off...
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 5:09:35 PM EDT
[#2]
They're very good for kicking DUmmies in the .
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 5:12:15 PM EDT
[#3]
toe gets cold in the winter
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 5:17:18 PM EDT
[#4]
No steel ...

MT
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 5:18:38 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
No steel ...

MT

Nylon
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 5:19:39 PM EDT
[#6]
You may want to consider a "safty toe".  These are typically made from polymere and are ANSI rated.  If you are an LEO or first responder you need to be concerned with possible electrocution risk that steel toes present at an accident or fire scene.

Regards,
Gary
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:11:51 PM EDT
[#7]
I work for a Fire /rescue Dept. We get thorogoods steel toe.I have a wide foot and the steel toe bothers me .I purchased a pair of Bates Enforcers at Bass Pro shop,This is the most comfortable boot I have put on my foot in a long time None steel toe.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:22:53 PM EDT
[#8]
No JBT outfit is complete withOUT Steel toes.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:32:46 PM EDT
[#9]
not
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top