Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2004 4:17:21 PM EDT
I just scoped out an M1A from Federal Ordnance. It has the selector cut-out, and the wood stock. It is in fair condition. Who is this company, and what is the rifle worth?

oh yeah, and it is a "tanker" model, so it has an 18 inch barrel.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:22:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:27:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, any body with any personal experiance?
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:32:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I used to have a Fed Ord rifle many moons ago. Pretty well made rifles. The anme recognition isn't there like Springfield, so a bunch will say they are crap.
Mine went through 2 barrels in its life. The reciever never got battered from so many rounds, the op-rod was GI so it was good to go.

They are good rattle battle rifles.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:34:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Got this from Fulton Armory site:

On Fed Ord Receivers...
by Clint McKee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clint, tell us about Fed Ord receivers

Many (most) of the Fed Ord M14's are unsafe to fire, IMHO. The company is no longer in business, so you have no warranty recourse.

They came in 2 flavors: Fed Ord receiver made for G.I. bolt & all G.I. parts (best case scenario since if the receiver is no good, at least you have some good parts); Fed Ord receiver made for Chinese bolt & all Chinese parts (worst case scenario, bad receiver & bad parts).

The common problems with the receivers include poor/no locking lug contact on one or both locking lugs of receiver/bolt interface; very poor op rod rail on receiver, causing op rod to fall away from bolt roller; rear sight receiver elevation serrations very shallow/non existent;

Hope this helps.

Clint McKee

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top