Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/10/2004 3:11:59 PM EDT
He stated "He belives in the 2nd amendment, and that it is AN INDIVIDUAL RIGHT", I need the text.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 3:15:01 PM EDT
[#1]
news.google.com is your friend

www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2004/09/20040910-27.html

We stand for the Second Amendment, which gives every American the individual right to bear arms.

Link Posted: 9/10/2004 3:16:24 PM EDT
[#2]
yep, Bush has done alot of good for gun owners. No doubt in my mind that he was behind the expiration of the AWB.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 3:16:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 3:32:08 PM EDT
[#4]
The whole paragraph is worthwhile:

In a world of change, there are some things that do not change, the values we live by: courage and compassion, reverence and integrity. In a time of change, we'll support the institutions that matter, that bring us stability -- our families, our schools, our religious congregations. We stand for a culture of life in which every person counts and every being matters. We stand for marriage and family, which are the foundations of our society. We stand for the Second Amendment, which gives every American the individual right to bear arms. I stand for the appointment of federal judges who know the difference between personal opinion and the strict interpretation of the law.

President George W. Bush
September 10, 2004

The three Fs - Family, Faith and Firearms - which are the foundation of all that is great about America.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 3:34:31 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

In a world of change, there are some things that do not change, the values we live by: courage and compassion, reverence and integrity. In a time of change, we'll support the institutions that matter, that bring us stability -- our families, our schools, our religious congregations. We stand for a culture of life in which every person counts and every being matters. We stand for marriage and family, which are the foundations of our society. We stand for the Second Amendment, which gives every American the individual right to bear arms. I stand for the appointment of federal judges who know the difference between personal opinion and the strict interpretation of the law.

President George W. Bush
September 10, 2004

... Just dayum!

... Makes we want to campaign for his re-election every harder!
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 3:34:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 3:35:35 PM EDT
[#7]
God bless President Bush!
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 3:36:24 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The three Fs - Family, Faith and Firearms - which are the foundation of all that is great about America.

Amen!

That is the Gospel Truth!

Eric The(Faithful)Hun

+1
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 3:41:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 3:42:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 3:44:44 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
That statement, plus his refusal to lift a finger or say a word to extend the AWB, makes him a GREAT PRESIDENT in my eyes!

Compare him with the last President.

If you can call the last one, a President.

Eric The(Pro-Bush)Hun

Well, I judge a man by his actions, and not his words. John Ashcroft sent a letter to Wayne LaPierre affirming the 2nd Amend. And Dick Chaney was the keynote speaker at the last NRA convention, this is good as it going to get for the gunners. I'm sure that GWB Jr. was in the loop on all of this. You won't see a letter from Bill C or Janet Reno to the NRA.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:19:09 PM EDT
[#12]
So is the NRA giving him the endorsement now?
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:22:51 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Except that he, like so many others are mistaken about the Bill of rights, and Maybe the Constitution itself.

The BOR, and specifically the Second Amendment grant us NOTHING!

Those rights acknowledged by the BOR are OURS, and the entire purpose of the BOR is to prohibit the Gov from infringing on our inalienable rights, NOT to grant those rights to us.

If the President cannot understand this simple concept, I fear for our supposedly inalienable rights.

Bingo.  The BOR's, and therefore by extension the government, do NOT grant us these rights.  These rights exist because we are living breathing human beings.  THAT is the very foundation of the Constitution.

CMOS
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:24:45 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

President George W. Bush
September 10, 2004

That makes me even more pround of my "Bush/Cheney" sign in my front yard and the stickers on my car.

GO BUSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:25:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Im PRO Bush, but didnt he also say that if Congress passed to extend it , he WOULD sign it?
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:45:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Makes me feel good that I converted a couple friends
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:49:13 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Im PRO Bush, but didnt he also say that if Congress passed to extend it , he WOULD sign it?

All campegin BS from 2000 election the key word is IF.  Now he NEVER has to sign a new one because it is not an extention.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top