Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2004 3:01:05 PM EDT
The fucktard Jennings just 'corrected' their story from Wed which claimed that the LA bank robber shooters' machine guns would now be legal.

'A viewer helpfully pointed out that these guns will remain illegal. We do note that the 75 round magazines they used will be made legal on Monday.' All the while they are playing the robbers blasting away at cops full auto.

Lying asshole shithead media ass clowns.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 3:02:25 PM EDT
[#1]
There is no media bias.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 3:16:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Wonder if there story correction had anything to do with the email I sent them right after it aired?? Some typoes and stuff, but it got the point accross... I was pissed and it was written and sent right after the show was on............

email i sent to ABC letting them know how pissed off people are.

I am truly sickened by the reporting of Peter Jennings over the whole AWB issue. Why cant the media just get it right for once and actualy do some true investigation as to the real issue instead of listing to the left wing liberals who want nothing more then for all guns to be banned.

The government defines an assault weapon as a FULLY automatic weapon capable of fireing hundreds of rounds with the single pull of a trigger BUT every weapon in the assault weapons ban is SEMI-automatic, in definition a semi-auto requires an individual to pull the trigger one time for every bullet the firearm shoots. Therefore requireing 100 pulls of the trigger to fire 100 rounds of amunition from the firearm.

The guns banned in the AWB are not true assault weapons, they just LOOK like military style rifles. Why dont you go ask the politicians how they decided what rifles to ban. They themselves admitted they took firearms magazines and flipped thru the pages and picked guns that LOOKED scarry. Before the ban was actualy passed they realized that one of the guns picked to ban simply because it had a scarry name was actualy a hunting shotgun. The people who wrote up the ban had no clue and to this date still have no cluse as to what they are trying to ban.

On Monday when the ban sunsets, there will not be a flood of fully automatic machine guns on the streets, they have been banned since 1934 with the NFA machine guns act and require strict federal regulation to be purchased. The guns that will be availible on Monday, Sept. 13th are the SAME guns that have been availible for the past 10 years even with the ban in effect, except they will have a bayonet lugs, flash hiders, and telescopeing stocks. None of these three items make the firearms any more deadly, the USER is the one that makes the firearm deadly. When was the last time someone used a bayonet on the end of a rifle to murder someone? WWII maybe? The telescopeing stocks simply allow the user to adjust the length of pull to fit the persons length of his or her arms. The average telescopeing stock only moves 4 inches and in no way allows anyone the ability to conceal a rifle that is required by the OTHER NFA firearms law to be 26" or longer. It simply allows the shooter to be more comfortable. The flash hider which Mrs. Fienstien claims will allow people to shoot in the dark without being seen is an item actualy desighned to allow the shooter not to become BLINDED by the fireball which shoots from the end of the rifle when he or she fires the weapon.

The ban has done NOTHING to curb gun crime. The ban has not stopped the sales of the guns over the past ten years, all the ban did was eliminate these three items from the weapons. There have been more AR-15s, more AK-47, and more UZIs sold in the US in the past ten years then there had ever been before the ban was enacted, all of which where made, sold, and used LEGALY by law abideing citizens of this country. Will the media EVER show the truths behind this ban or is the media just going to continue to spout off lies and false staements about te truth. The people of the US are tired of being lied too, tired of being pushed backwards by the same people we elect to make laws to keep us safe. Instead of banning guns, why dont we enforce the damn laws we have in the books. For once, just once i would love to the a report come from ABC that has some truth to it, instead of left wing propoganda . You telling the entire world that machine guns will soon be availible is like me telling someone I walked on the damn moon yesterday. It for one makes people who are igorant about gun laws more affraid of firearms, in second it gives those out there who are as well ignorant about gun laws but still own them false information. Because of your reporting some ignorant gun owner may actualy try to buy full auto gun parts and make a full auto weapon and thiink he or she is completely legal in doing so. Your reporting was irresponsible and full of ignorace. go read the law books and amendments next time , before you actualy speak to the world...........

Link Posted: 9/10/2004 3:16:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I wonder if they ever issued an official clarification on the article that appeared on abcnews.com... I looked that the same article yesterday, and all references to machine guns had mysteriously disappeared.  Is that supposed to be good enough?

--Mike
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top