Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2004 2:49:51 PM EDT
Much to my credit (Pangea pats self on back) I have never sounded the AWB alarm and have quietly watched the posts on this topic over the last few years.

I just saw a piece on Fox News that said that if president Bush made some phone calls, this POS bill could be extended.

Is this true? Please don't beat me up over this.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 2:56:10 PM EDT
[#1]
If Bush made a phone call we could bomb Iran too.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 2:56:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 3:05:45 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I just saw a piece on Fox News that said that if president Bush made some phone calls, this POS bill could be extended.

DeLay was just on a CNN HN piece, and said that if Bush called him and asked him he wouldn't bring it up.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 3:08:25 PM EDT
[#4]
The thing that pisses me off the most is the shrill cry of "the streets will run red with blood if the ban sunsets" from the democraps.

I think I heard the same cry right before each of the 33 CCW states passed their "shall issue" CCW laws.

Link Posted: 9/10/2004 3:12:38 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
The thing that pisses me off the most is the shrill cry of "the streets will run red with blood if the ban sunsets" from the democraps.

I think I heard the same cry right before each of the 33 CCW states passed their "shall issue" CCW laws.

Bingo.  The leftists are absolutely besides themselves over this.  Some of them really do believe the notion of mass public gunfights with full-auto weapons and some know this law didn't do squat.  However, in either case, their ideology is more important than anything, including facts.  

CMOS
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 3:14:28 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

The more they bitch the better.  The next time someone suggests a ban be written into law we will just point out that blood didn't run in the streets.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 3:15:14 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
If Bush made a phone call we could bomb Iran too.

DAMN, That hit a funny bone!!!

As previously stated, DeLay has said the votes aren't there, and he would tell the president that...

It appears, the AWB is dead.                    
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 3:17:41 PM EDT
[#8]
I hear "when nothing happens, we'll be vindicated" a lot. Right. If there was an honest news media, sure. The streets don't need to run red with blood for the media to make it seem that way.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 3:19:04 PM EDT
[#9]

Is this true? Please don't beat me up over this.

No, this is not true.  Frist would have told the President to pound sand.  Well, he might have said it nicer.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 3:30:23 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The more they bitch the better.  The next time someone suggests a ban be written into law we will just point out that blood didn't run in the streets.

They will never admitt they were wrong.
Hopefullythis is how it works  "we had a ban and the senate wouldn't renew it why try again".
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 3:32:45 PM EDT
[#11]
He will not make that call.

He was in WV today.   Stood right there in front of the crowd and said that "Americans have the
RIGHT to own and bear arms."   (FoxNews)

He see's the ban as all of us do.  A violation of that RIGHT.  Also the main player that kept the extension from getting anyplace said yesterday the He wouldn't allow it to move forward even if the POTUS called him.

Link Posted: 9/10/2004 3:35:17 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What I'm afraid will happen Bob will be that ALL gun crimes from now 'til the cows come home will be attirbuted to the AWB expiration. It will be total BS and unrelated, but that never stops the media...
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 3:35:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Bush will not make the mistake of calling up congressman telling them to extend it.  With how close the election is it would be suicide for him to do so.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 3:36:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Apparently some of the folks in the heartland are still thinking the fat lady isn't going to sing.

Called two gun shops today to see when I can purchase a 'REGULAR' magazine for my wife's Glock 23.  Both said they have to wait for a ruling from the BATF; one said that they could still vote in an extention on Monday night by a simple majority vote.  I politely reminded him that Congress is going to recess and Tom DeLay said it is not going to bring it up for a vote.

Am I missing something here?

Oh, and the BATF agent I spoke with today wanted to know what was happening on the 13th of this month.  I reminded that the AWB was sunsetting.  He said, 'Oh, yeah.  That's right.  We're worried about 9/11.'  He added that when the ban sunsets, it will be like it never existed and it will probably take about a week for the orders to start catching up with  demand.  He couldn't recall any assault  weapons being used in a crime in the past 10 years.

Imagine that!
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 3:41:14 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I hear "when nothing happens, we'll be vindicated" a lot. Right. If there was an honest news media, sure. The streets don't need to run red with blood for the media to make it seem that way.

After seeing the blatent lies the media has been telling about the AWB this week, I have abandoned my last bit of faith in a 'free press'. This week, they revealed themselves to be beyond merely incompetent – They are propagadists for the left, pure and simple.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top