Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2004 2:07:30 PM EDT
I recently installed the PCI version of WinTV Go on my PC.  I installed all the latest driver and program updates as well as a special fix which addresses problems when using with Dell computers.  I've set the cpu priority from everywhere average to real time.

No matter what I do I sporadically get program lock ups.  Sometimes it happens after an hour of use sometimes after 6 hours of use.  I'm tired of dicking with it.  I'd like to know if there's alternative programs I can use that are more stable, free would be nice too.  I've looked at getting WinDVR but it's like $79.  I didn't plan to spend $50 for the card plus another $79 for an additional program since the packaged program is pure shit.

Any ideas?

And btw, my vid card and system drivers are all up to date.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 2:11:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I had problems with mine, and it trun out to be the video drives. Newest ones lock system up when I was using the TV so rolled back, worked fined, waited for newer ones to come out, locked up, rolled back, repeat for about 3 months. Last month installed newest ones to try again, works great... don't know if that will help, but maybe worth a try?
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 2:12:16 PM EDT
[#2]
At the happague (Or however in the hell you spell it) they have 3rd party drivers for the card.  have U tried these.  I use several and my WinTV has been more solid.  But I don't use Dell either.
Good luck.  it's not a bad card!
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 2:12:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Haupauge does suck major bawls. They cant seem to make a decent winTV. I have the WinTV-HD...It sucks ass! and expensive ass! ...I would like an alternative too, because TV on your PC simply rocks-especially in a dual monitor setup, surf and watch.

There are several different types on ebay...mostly china brand stuff.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 2:13:55 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Haupauge does suck major bawls. They cant seem to make a decent winTV. I have the WinTV-HD...It sucks ass! and expensive ass! ...I would like an alternative too, because TV on your PC simply rocks-especially in a dual monitor setup, surf and watch.

There are several different types on ebay...mostly china brand stuff.

Then what do you reccomend?  WinTV is the Consumer standard.  And pls. spare use the All in Wonder crap...
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 2:20:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 2:40:39 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm basically using it to watch TV while i'm goofing off on the computer.  I also use it to record my favorite TV shows while I am at work, kinda like a makeshift Tivo.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 2:41:32 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I'm basically using it to watch TV while i'm goofing off on the computer.  I also use it to record my favorite TV shows while I am at work, kinda like a makeshift Tivo.

Then go to the site and try the 3rd party applications.  They have a tivo app as well...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top