Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2004 12:31:12 PM EDT
Yes, they do exist, I have a friend at work who is a semi-anti gun person...

Thinks you should be able to own a firearm, BUT not a eveil black rifle, stuff like that, BUT he is PRO CCW....

Anyway he was asking all kinds of questions about what is going to happen on Monday, and I told him all the ban did was ban COSMETIC FEATURES, that was it, and NEW production High cap mags....

He finally got it, and understood, BUT then he asks me, You have a brother that is a LE, right?

I said yes, I do,

He said well it would be sad if someone shot and killed him with a AR15.....

I said yes it would , BUT it would be just as sad if he was killed in a Auto accident or some thing like that...I guess then I could sue the manufacture of the car, the company that made the tires, the company that made and sold the gas to put in the car, etc etc etc

He understood what I was saying, BUT still does not think I should be able to own a AR15, go figure..

But why try to state your point by adding my brother? I guess he thought I wouild get all emotional or something, heck I dont know.......
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 12:35:01 PM EDT
[#1]

But why try to state your point by adding my brother? I guess he thought I wouild get all emotional or something, heck I dont know.......

Because that's all they know.  LOGIC and FACTS do not convince them of anything, there has to be an emotional content to it as well to justify them accecpting something.

By trying to drive the disscusion that way he was just doing to you what he though he needed to do in order to win the argument.

They just simply don't get the fact that it doesn't work that way with "right minded" people!
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 12:43:39 PM EDT
[#2]
His own thinking is based entirely on emotions, so he figured that the could get to you by using an emotional attack.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 12:50:20 PM EDT
[#3]
..and if he gets shot with a derringer you're supposed to feel any differently?
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 12:57:26 PM EDT
[#4]
that would suck, but how would he feel if you saved his life or property by shooting an intruder with an ar?  when the hell will people learn that GUNS ARE INANIMATE OBJECTS? PEOPLE cause crime. Not Things!!
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 1:01:56 PM EDT
[#5]
let him shoot yours...might change his mind. i have a friend who is a good guy mostly, except he's a commie...used to be very anti-gun of any sort...now he's chomping at the bit to buy his own pistol and he gladly pays for ammo if i let him use my firearms when he comes out...you might make a convert..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top