Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2004 8:49:08 AM EDT
Kerry Campaign Pulls Virginia Advertising  
09-10-2004 10:20 AM

(Richmond, VA) -- It appears the Democratic Party is giving up on trying to win Virginia -- at least for now. John Kerry's campaign strategist, Tad Devine, says they will not buy advertising in Virginia unless future poll results show voters beginning to swing towards Kerry. Devine still insists Kerry can take Virginia, but that the money that was going to be spent here is more needed in other toss-up states. University of Virginia political analyst Larry Sabato tells the "Fredericksburg Freelance Star" that "Virginia was an extra if things went well" and unless it appears that Kerry is making inroads among Virginia's traditionally Republican voters, "it doesn't make much sense to spend TV money in Virginia." The Kerry campaign is also withholding advertising in North Carolina, Arkansas and Louisiana, and Republicans are taking that as a sign Kerry is giving up on those states.

Copyright 2004 Metro Networks Communications Inc., A Westwood One Company
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:50:41 AM EDT
[#1]
He hasn't given up in Ohio yet...  I can hardly stand to listen to the radio.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:53:00 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

(Richmond, VA) -- "Virginia was an extra if things went well"

Translation.... Things are NOT going well for the Kerry Camp and they all know it.

Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:56:20 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

(Richmond, VA) -- "Virginia was an extra if things went well"

Translation.... Things are NOT going well for the Kerry Camp and they all know it.

Yup...even the door-to-door demodummies are depressed.  DumbFukking kids...I love telling them that mine is a Repub household.  
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:56:56 AM EDT
[#4]
He knows that we can't stand him or his Euro-trash ("Only an idiot would disagree with my husband") wife.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:00:41 AM EDT
[#5]

Time to toast the good old Commonwealth of Virgina.  

"Virgina, by God, Sir, will be ruled by Virginians!"  General James Kemper
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:03:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Looks like Kerry is also on the verge of giving up on ads in MO and AZ.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:03:43 AM EDT
[#7]
I see lots of Kerry stickers, but they are the usual suspects....  Kerry never had a chance here, that was an inertia building effort.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:05:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Howard Dean did the same thing when things started to go bad for him.  I remember him saying, "I don't need that to win" and stopped advertising.  Then pretty much every day after that he kept on writting off a new state until no one took him seriously.  Hopefully Kerry's plan works out just as well.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:07:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:10:43 AM EDT
[#10]
It would also appear that Bush has given up on Michigan. He hasn't been here since before the convention, and all you see here are Kerry stickers. Anyone who ever said that this was a battle ground state knows as much about politics as I do about astrophysics.

Just add it to the list!

I've had it with Michigan!
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:12:22 AM EDT
[#11]
WooHOO!!!

Thank You!
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:14:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:14:10 AM EDT
[#13]
In the Caliban I only see W advertisements, no Stinken-Outhouse F'n sKerry ads
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:35:26 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
In the Caliban I only see W advertisements, no Stinken-Outhouse F'n sKerry ads

Actually, I hope you start seeing Kerry ads in CA, cause that’ll mean he’s in real trouble!!  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top