Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2004 8:33:34 AM EDT
I'm sitting here thinking about the AWB being over and done with and it just kind of hit me. Come Monday people will be able to by standard cap Glock mags for reasonable prices again. No more "slightly used full cap-$99 bucks" kind of crap.  We'll be able to get em' for $25 bucks NIW all day long, wow.  Same with all the other pistols that have mags that hold more then 10 rounds, full cap for reasonable prices.  I'll bet the sales of Ruger 10/22's will skyrocket too, now that you'll be able to get "hi caps" for them again too.  This is going to be so cool, to have a part of our freedom to choose back again.  
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:35:37 AM EDT
[#1]
This is weird to think about.  I have lived my whole adult life and some of my adolescent life under this ban.  I am use to paying outrages prices for mags, "pre ban" rifles for evil features and such.  I'm not sure what I am going to do now.  I'm not sure I can handle cheap mags or rifles with evil features.  Oh wait, just a brain fart, I'll take the cheap mags now.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:36:46 AM EDT
[#2]
I hope everyone goes back to wondernines, and used 1911's and low-cap mags flood the market......
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:39:49 AM EDT
[#3]
I had well over 150 30 rd. AR mags.  I took 20 of them to a gunshow in 1993.  The highest offer I had was $1.50 ea.

I pray to see those days again.

Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:41:39 AM EDT
[#4]
And yet we Californians can't join in on the celebration.  Just had to whine a little bit.

I'm stoked that it's almost up, though.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:41:45 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I hope everyone goes back to wondernines, and used 1911's and low-cap mags flood the market......

That would be sweet, I need to pick up some mags for my 1911a1.  I finally took it out and put a couple mags thru it this morning. I rebuilt it from a Sarco kit, every part is from the kit except for the frame and safety. It worked fine, fed fine, cut about a 3" group at 7 yrds(for me that's good, so don't laugh). I wouldn't mind getting better sights on it at a later date but for now the G.I. issue sights will work.  
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:42:03 AM EDT
[#6]
What is a good price for a Glock mag NIW?  $20?
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:44:09 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
What is a good price for a Glock mag NIW?  $20?

During the ban they went for anywhere from $75-100 bucks, I remember back in the "bad ol' days" before the ban you could pick em' up for $25-30 bucks.  
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:50:42 AM EDT
[#8]
I hope you guys camp out, outside your local gunstore, because if you don't the washington post claims that terrorists are gonna buy out the stores.  terrorists like to buy a gun and rifle and a boxcutter and register it before they can use them, but ofcourse you already knew that, and also the mexican mafia, latin kings, crips and bloods are especially gonna be buying them glock mags, and those sights that go on the side of the gun, you know to shoot it sideways.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:52:27 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I had well over 150 30 rd. AR mags.  I took 20 of them to a gunshow in 1993.  The highest offer I had was $1.50 ea.

I pray to see those days again.

In the newest Shotgun News, "R Guns" is selling new teflon AR mags for $16.  That's a lot more than $1.50, but half of what they cost a week ago.  Things *are* returning to normal.

BoB
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:53:28 AM EDT
[#10]
I heard Kerry talking about that crap on FOX News saying that the "Terrorist manual" says to buy Assualt Weapons, shit, the manual was probably written during the ban for christ sake so the ban going belly up isn't going to change things. Also, couldn't they just sneak some in if they really wanted them?  They'd be the "real deal" too, not some semi auto copy. Kerry is a damn idiot.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:53:37 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
And yet we Californians can't join in on the celebration.  Just had to whine a little bit.

I'm stoked that it's almost up, though.

You guys know you are always welcome, in any state, to shoot with us in the freer states.
If you ever leave the comunist state of California for a vaction, etc, check the hometown forums, and let them know you are headed their way.
If you come to Ohio, we'll hold a special "California shooters" get-together at the range.
You have an open invitation in Ohio.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top