Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2004 7:52:50 AM EDT
This is the congressman that helped push thru my ‘lost’ transfer from earlier in the year.
Do any of your Congressman have the balls to write a letter to SOF?
Can you tell he wants to say “John F###ing Kerry”

From Soldier of Fortune, October 2004, page 8, first letter in Letters to SOF.

For Political Gain

On April 22, 1971, John F. Kerry testified before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee. On that very day, I marked my fifth of seven years in captivity in the so-called “Hanoi Hilton.”
While John F. Kerry recklessly accused US soldiers of outright murder and other war crimes, many of us endured torture, solitary confinement, starvation, and other atrocities.

While John F. Kerry selfishly used his status as a Vietnam veteran to smear the war effort for his own political gain, we waited and prayed patiently for freedom and for our families.
That’s why I have to stand up and do something now.

John F. Kerry accused American soldiers of committing war crimes “on-a-day-to-day-basis.”  His bogus testimony that US soldiers committed unspeakable atrocities stigmatized every veteran who returned from Vietnam – causing the American people to think of us as killers, torturers, and worse.

Now, Kerry is running for President.  And he still works to weaken the morale of US soldiers.  Last year, after voting to send our troops to Iraq, he voted against providing the with the resources they need – like body armor, Humvees and ammunition.

I am fiercely committed to stopping John F. Kerry from holding the highest office in the land…in addition to my own re-election campaign this year, I am working to ensure the election of candidates all across the nation who support out troops, stand up for America and stand up against John F. Kerry.

Congressman Sam Johnson
Plano, Texas
www.samjohnsonforcongress.com

My email to him:

Congressman Sam Johnson

Thank you for having the tenacity to write your letter to SOF magazine
showing your views of John F. Kerry.  Its gratifying that I have a
Congressman that feels as strongly as you do for Americanism and spells it
out.  It moved me to put a crowbar in my wallet and donate to your
re-election fund.

With your permission, I'd like to repost your letter where it will
continue to find favor.  As it is in a physical periodical, I've
painstakingly retyped it.  I'd like to post it to the pro-2nd Amendment
forums, ie www.subguns.com, www.AR15.com.  Many of the members of these
forums live in the Dallas/FW area.

I had written a few months ago about a NFA transfer that had gotten "lost"
by the BATF branch.  Shortly after I wrote my letter to you & your
respsone that your office would look into the matter, BATF mysteriously
found my "missing" transfer and granted it.  Thank you for your assistance
in this matter.

Kevin Scott
1100 Meredith, #1117
Plano, TX  75093
214-729-7462
972-732-1218

Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:00:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Great job, and thanks.

What a congressman.

TXL
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:05:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:25:11 AM EDT
[#3]
A politician who is also a true American?!?!?  Warn me to sit down before you deliver a shock like that!!!  I need to seriously consider moving to Texas.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top