Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/10/2004 7:22:13 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:26:05 AM EDT
[#1]
I wish we could dig up that 9/11 thread.

Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:26:21 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Who would have guessed what would happen the very next morning?

Rest in Peace my Brothers and Sisters. Heros to the very end...

Indeed!  

Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:29:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Good post wave, i have been thinking about it all week. i hope they dont try for a anniversary present.W.B.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:30:01 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Indeed!  

+1

That would be a historic read.

A time capsule.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:30:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:30:12 AM EDT
[#6]
I know where I was at the exact moment, I intend to spend the time with my kids and wife as we are all taking a day off to spend with each other.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:30:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:31:26 AM EDT
[#8]
I can tell you pretty much everything I did that day. I don't have the first clue what happened the day before.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:31:28 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

+3000 Give or take a few.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:32:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Damn, now you got me all teary-eyed.

I took that day off on a whim. Nothing was pressing, so I slept in and figured I'd lounge around all day, doing stuff around the house.

What a day that turned out to be.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:35:14 AM EDT
[#11]
I qs sitting at my desk when my wife called to tell me a plane hit the tower. I couldn't understand how you could hit that thing. 10 min. later she called and said a second one hit the other tower.

At that moment..I knew...
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:35:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Be vigilant in case AQ tries to pull a Spain tomorrow.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:36:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Wave, I wasn't around then.  
A lot of us weren't.
Were you a NY cop at the time?  I assume yes?
If so, what was your day like?
Did you lose a lot of true friends?
I've never heard your telling of that history.

I was just listening to Glenn Beck, today, and crying like a baby, as he played a montage of radio madia footage from that day.  From the airline rcordings, to the breaking news on radio talk shows (
"Uh, we don't know what's going on, but there's a huge fire in one of the trade towers") to the President speaking, etc....

It's so easy to go on with our lives like nothing ever happened.  It takes a little work to stay motivated and in vigilante.  Unfortunately many Americans don't have that motivation on their own.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:36:40 AM EDT
[#14]
I think that may have been before I started lurking on ARFCOM.

Tomorrow is my birthday. I "celebrate" it with a new rifle every year and going to the range.

I'm going a day early this year and teaching my 5 y.o. to shoot on an empty range.

sgt_seti

<pushes submit w/ tears in his eyes>
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:37:08 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Amen brother...
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:37:12 AM EDT
[#16]
And how quickly the Left forgets.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:37:29 AM EDT
[#17]

Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:37:40 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:42:30 AM EDT
[#19]
We had just gotten home on 9-10 from the hospital where my wife gave birth to our second daughter. I was feeding her her morning bottle on the couch when there was a knock at the door. My neighbor was white as a sheet as he told me to turn on the tv. I did. I was horrified and shocked as I kept looking down at my baby girl wondering what kind of world we had brought her into. She was born on 9-6-01, so I have a constant reminder of the joy and pain I felt on the same day which was 9-11.

God Bless America!

HS1
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:44:01 AM EDT
[#20]

As for those responsible, I can only hope that we....

Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:49:28 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I know where I was at the exact moment, I intend to spend the time with my kids and wife as we are all taking a day off to spend with each other.

+1

I will never forget and I will never forgive...
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:51:00 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:55:21 AM EDT
[#23]
The link to the archives generated all kinds of errors on my computer.

Boy, I'd really like to see that thread.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:55:43 AM EDT
[#24]
Wife and I had that day off.... it's our wedding anniversary.

Like everyone else, I won't ever be able to forget what I was doing and where I was when it happened.

God Bless America. We have fallen so far apart since then.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:00:02 AM EDT
[#25]
I was sitting in my cube, getting the day started, when one of my colleagues (who works from home) sent an e-mail to the department saying that a "twin-engine plane" flew into one of the Towers.

At the time, I thought it was a private airplane.

A few minutes later, another e-mail about a second plane.  I forget when I found out that the first plane was a 767.

A few minutes later, the most chilling e-mail (for me) that day:
"Another plane just flew into the Pentagon.  This is NOT good."  

I'll never forget that line.  I honestly thought that TSHTF, and all I had with me (weaponwise) was a 380 pocket pistol on my ankle - 6+1, and a spare mag.

Watched the horror (no one was working).  Called a few shops around the area, looking for a Glock 30.  I'd wanted to get one anyway, and wanted a little more firepower than my Glock 26 (the biggest gun I owned at that point).  Mrs B said to get a shotgun - I was a fool to not.

The shop was BUSY, and the owner was considering imposing a 5-box limit on ammo.

I forget when I went home that day.

I'm glad Mrs B and I got home that day.  3000 folks didn't.  
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:04:22 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:06:32 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Balzac72 has some outstanding pictures from that morning. I respectfully hope he is up to showing them.

A few months ago, he posted them in a 9/11 thread I started. I searched, but apparently it's too old.....
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:51:00 AM EDT
[#28]
I was sitting on the pier, next to my old boat (ssn-761) after just finishing a reactor startup. The attacks went down, we almost immediately pulled away from the pier, loaded live torpedoes (Mk48ADCAP) and set out to sea to patrol the long island sound/east coast. That was one day I was especially proud to be in the military.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 11:56:58 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:55:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 5:03:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Forever in our hearts.
Rest In Peace.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 5:05:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Avenge our dead...
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 5:11:10 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 5:13:31 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

NEVER FORGET

+1
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 5:14:08 PM EDT
[#35]

+1 for resurrecting the old thread, maybe tacking it for a day.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 5:16:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Ya, I will allways remember,

I really hope that this country does not let the memory of that day fade away........

Link Posted: 9/10/2004 5:17:29 PM EDT
[#37]
everytime I see the towers collapsing I get pissed no matter how many times it's shown. The folks that jumped and the rescuers that died make me cry
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 5:22:23 PM EDT
[#38]

It was quite a day. I would like the original post to reappear as well.

As was said I can recall what I did all day that day and the next. But I have no idea what I did the day before.

I think the worst thing the terr's would want to do is another big attack. We would level the earth seeking justice. If they just stay "over there" and pick a little at a time eventually the average American would forget and get tired of the fight.

God Bless you all.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 5:26:22 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
everytime I see the towers collapsing I get pissed no matter how many times it's shown. The folks that jumped and the rescuers that died make me cry

I am exactly the same way....  even after 3 years

I tear up when I see the people standing around with pictures of their loved ones aimlessly searching the streets for anyone who had last seen them...  

I get angry as hell when I think about the worthless bastards that were flying those planes that morning....

I believe Ann Coulter said it best, "We should invade their countries, kill their leaders and convert them to Christianity."  ( thanks for posting that PennvilleBill ! )

Link Posted: 9/10/2004 5:32:18 PM EDT
[#40]
I was at work.  I still remember someone running to my cube telling me to come see the TV in the lunchroom.  When they said "a jumbo jet flew into the World Trade Center" I knew things like that don't happen by accident.  I knew it was some kind of attack.  

I remember what I said next after those thoughts ran through my mind.  I said: "This isn't over yet."

A colleague said, "What do you mean."
Me: "Well, it takes a ton of organization to hijack an airliner.  Whoever did this isn't done yet.  Trust me."

About 2 minutes later the second place struck the tower.  Again I said, "This is not over yet."  We all know what happened after that.  We all will never forget.

I hated that I was right that day.

God bless those who lost their lives, and parents,  and brothers, and sisters, and children in the towers - and those who have lost their lives hunting down the scum that are responsible.

Never forget.  Never forgive.

We all need to accept that this is just the beginning of a new era of religious war.

CMOS
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 5:50:09 PM EDT
[#41]
Saw a special on tv last night about it and it pretty much crushed my heart then just like it did when I saw it unfolding on tv.
That's something I will never forget.
God rest all the NYPD, NYFD and innocents who we lost that day.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 5:56:15 PM EDT
[#42]

Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:04:01 PM EDT
[#43]
I remember being in in Geometry class my freshman year. Out of the blue the principal came on the PA and told us that a 'dastardly deed' had been committed by an unknown enemy. My mom came by the school to pick me up as soon as she heard the news. I came home just in time to watch the towers come crashing down. I still remember my grandfather, who is normally somewhat of a pacifist, saying "Nuke the sons of a bitches who did this."

I will never forget that day.

Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:04:33 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:15:56 PM EDT
[#45]
It was my senior year of high school, and I was still pretty new to the school since I had only moved to the town a month earlier.  A girl I had become friends with and I were talking when a friend of hers came up and told us what happened.  First we both thought it was an accident, until I went to my first class and the teacher had the TV on.  

Needless to say, I had a hard time getting up from my chair to go to my next class.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:16:47 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:19:57 PM EDT
[#47]
I was transporting two in custody to our courthouse. Traffic on the interstate was down to 30 mph. Nobody seemed to be in a rush to get anywhere anymore, even the two criminals in the back didn't seem that big of a deal in light of things that were happening. Just days before my partner and I went to an attempted suicide. We got a call from his son-in-law on the 12th stating that he wouldn't be able to make our meeting about his father-in-law. (He was NYPD)
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:21:00 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
www.discodelic.netfirms.com/signs-911.gif  www.phillabuster.org/Newslinks/i04/0302-1.gif

Ditto.
Never forget, never forgive!

Wave, I can only imagine how you and the other NYPD and EMS guys feel about that day. Know that the rest of the country admires and respects you guys for you and your brothers courage, sacrifice, and honor displayed....me and my family included.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:33:46 PM EDT
[#49]
How about a bump? This should stay near the top
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:38:16 PM EDT
[#50]
Wasn't there a thread made earlier this year that people told their stories from that day?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top