Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/10/2004 7:07:21 AM EDT
So I'm sipping my morning coffee while sitting on my front porch, watching the American flag move lightly in the breeze. I sit forward, set my coffee on the wicker table, and turn the page in the daily Washington Post. Who do I see, staring right back at me? None other than...
http://www.jeep-tj.com/awb-ad/DSCN0012.JPG
Closer views of the different texts can be found here: http://www.jeep-tj.com/awb-ad/

I found it quite bothersome that the Post would publish an ad like that. But it's definitely true, the opposition runs solely on emotions rather than facts, and their ad restates that loud and clear.
-Alex
Proud new owner of a 2 day old Bushmaster M4-type AR15, shot for the first time last night.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:13:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Wow. Just wow.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:13:58 AM EDT
[#2]
So where the jets that hit the Trade Centers, Post Ban or PreBan?
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:14:25 AM EDT
[#3]

\/
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:14:32 AM EDT
[#4]
These pin-heads need to seek some sort of psychiatric counseling or administered  a fastball to the face... which ever.

Cut'n'paste this link for the actual ad.

http://www2.stopthenra.com/ads/view/?ad=osama
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:14:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Who cares? The ban is dead.

We won.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:15:15 AM EDT
[#6]
damn. i want to get a copy for my office! is that in any other papers?

ETA: Found it in the NY Times!! Will be on the wall in minutes.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:15:29 AM EDT
[#7]
the post is a liberal toilet paper
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:15:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Linky
www.jeep-tj.com/awb-ad/
www2.stopthenra.com/ads/view/?ad=osama
No box cutters are their weapons of choice.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:16:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:16:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:23:14 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Who cares? The ban is dead.

We won.

Yes, but it's a certainty that the gun-grabbing shit-stains read these forums and it's threaputic, relaxing and amusing mocking them and rubbing their faces in the dirt.

<Nelson> Ha-Ha </Nelson>

Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:26:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Man, that is pretty fvucked up IMHO
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:28:35 AM EDT
[#13]
FIREMISSION CALL 202-898-0792 AND TELL THE BRADY CAMPAIGN THIS AD IS A ALL TIME LOW FOR THEM.

I just called and gave thema peice of my mind.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:28:48 AM EDT
[#14]
This is just beneath contempt by the liberal oriented left wing news media.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:33:45 AM EDT
[#15]
Just more bullshit spewed forth by a bunch of desperate asshats...
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:34:46 AM EDT
[#16]
Yeah, terrorists know how to hijack and fly jumbo jets, but are at a complete loss how to obtain a semi-automatic rifle.....
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:37:00 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Yeah, terrorists know how to hijack and fly jumbo jets, but are at a complete loss how to obtain a semi-automatic rifle.....

yeah really  
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:37:56 AM EDT
[#18]
It's not about the firearms anymore.  It's about slamming Bush every chance they get.  
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:46:03 AM EDT
[#19]
I sent them the following e-mail.
While I was typing it a guy I know at work read it over my shoulder and about cover my screen in soda.
I cant wait for their response to a possible supporter to justify these misleading things.

If we are going to get these weapons off the streets, we must start by telling the truth. Know thy enemy.

The biggest reason people will doubt you is if the information your argument is based on is proven over and over to be completely mis-informed.

I know the following because I worked hard and asked a lot of questions, if you truly want these weapons gone you should do the same.

1)

The Uzi you show on your site is what is called a short barreled rifle. It falls under the 1934 NFA law and is illegal to produce for civilian use as of 1986. It has nothing to do with the AWB.

2)

Let the loop holes die.  Rally for an improved ban.

› In most states, 18-year-olds will be able to walk into gun stores and buy new American-made AK-47s.
They can now, only without the bayonet, flash hider, and telescoping/folding stocks.

› In many states, it will be possible to bring concealed TEC-9 assault pistols, loaded with thirty rounds of ammunition, into bars, churches and sports arenas, and even public schools or universities.
Nothing  changes these guns are not illegal, just illegal to make new ones.

› In many states kids as young as 13 will be able to buy brand new American-made AK-47s at gun shows and through the classifieds.
It is illegal to possess a firearm without parental consent under the age of 18.

› New assault weapons will be advertised over the internet.
Already being done, minus the evil features and with used high capacity magazines.

› New rapid-fire ammunition magazines that allow guns to fire up to 100 rounds without reloading will be mass-produced and sold on a cash-and-carry basis to anyone, with no questions or background checks
1)      So long as they were made before 1994 it is legal to import these.
2)      Already sold on a cash and carry basis
3)      Higher capacity magazines do not make a weapon fire faster, mechanically impossible.
Yours,
my sisters name/email

Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:47:47 AM EDT
[#20]
How low can you go...
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:49:14 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
The propaganda is right, if the terrorist of 9-11 didn't have such easy access to the AK's with bayonets they used to highjack the planes then this illegal war for oil wouldn't have happened.

HAHA! +1
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:49:16 AM EDT
[#22]

Originally Posted By sonofbp
Yours,
my sisters name/email

Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:51:08 AM EDT
[#23]
I'm sure the terrorists were waiting for the AWB to sunset before they made any attacks.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:52:00 AM EDT
[#24]
To be expected from the Washington Com-Post...  
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:52:26 AM EDT
[#25]
Interesting, no mention of their preferred weapon, truck bombs.  So renewing the AWB will prevent terrorists from building truck bombs...
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:53:09 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Yours,
my sisters name/email

If I use my name they would think I am who really I am.
They would know I am f*cking with them.
Besides My sister registered as a dem but votes Rep so I figured if they checked for party affiliation they would be more likely to respond.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:54:15 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
So renewing the AWB will prevent terrorists from building truck bombs...hr

DUH!
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:55:07 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yours,
my sisters name/email

Besides My sister registered as a dem but votes Rep so I figured if they checked for party affiliation they would be more likely to respond.

what the heck did you just say????
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:56:47 AM EDT
[#29]
When will they realise that we the American people are not the enemys. And that if we wer to
be invaded the American  People will more than likely be the first to take arms against the enemy long before the military is put into action. And be protecting Asshats like the ones printing articles like this wishing that they themselves had bought an AK-47 or AR-15 to protect their own families  
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:57:54 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yours,
my sisters name/email

English mother f*cker, do you speak it? J/k
I just figured with the knowledge of the laws and a male registered republican they would just count me for an anti AWB and pro gun.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:59:12 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yours,
my sisters name/email

I just figured with the knowledge of the laws and a male registered republican they would just count me for an anti AWB and pro gun.

um they cant find out that kind of info
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:59:23 AM EDT
[#32]
Just remember who will take care of the libs when the shit hits the fan.  People like us.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:11:02 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yours,
my sisters name/email

Party affiliation by name given, you sure?
So how was it publicized that M.Morre fat ass was double registered and lying about not being registered as a dem?
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:14:06 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yours,
my sisters name/email

So how was it publicized that M.Morre fat ass was double registered and lying about not being registered as a dem?

what I meant to say is that even if they can find out that kind of info why would they go through the trouble of looking up your party affliliation??
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:17:31 AM EDT
[#35]
It would be interesting to see what it would take to get an advertisement celebrating the sunset of the ban.  I suspect it would cost much more than these jackoffs paid and you'd probably get the run-around forever.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:17:41 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yours,
my sisters name/email

what I meant to say is that even if they can find out that kind of info why would they go through the trouble of looking up your party affliliation??

Just planning ahead.
I am planning on milking this one for as long as possible and then let them know how I have seen the light and what asshats they are.
Idealy I want them to invite my sister to a protest.
We could then show up with friends and protest the protesters.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:19:21 AM EDT
[#37]
Excellent.
They wasted a lot of cash on that ad.
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:21:03 AM EDT
[#38]
They definitely know which primary you vote in because of all the stuff you start getting in the mail afterwards.

It sends the demz into a "Duh, I didn't know that!" daze when you inform them that you can buy these alleged AW's now, and have been able to for the last 10 years, yet the crime rate has dropped!

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:38:57 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Excellent.
They wasted a lot of cash on that ad.
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Cash they have, it is intelligence and the illusive not so common sense they lack.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:43:12 AM EDT
[#40]
Nothing that they or other domestic terror groups (PETA for example) surprises me any more.  The only way to gein more press is to sink further and further down the ethical scale.  I guess they hit bottom years ago and have been digging a whole for years, but still.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:50:31 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
FIREMISSION CALL 202-898-0792 AND TELL THE BRADY CAMPAIGN THIS AD IS A ALL TIME LOW FOR THEM.

I just called and gave thema peice of my mind.

I just called them and asked "so on monday machine guns will be legal to buy and sell out right?" "yes" and i replied with "well i am a law abiding citizen, could you give me the names and numbers of some dealers please?" silence and then the phone went dead.

CALL THEM! and CALL THEM OUT ON THEIR LIES!!

Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:00:36 AM EDT
[#42]
I kinda thought Osama had a Krink...

Oh yeah, I'm sure that the terrorists would rather spend $300+ for semi-auto AKs in the US then smuggle in their own full-auto AKs that they can get for much less.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 11:41:48 AM EDT
[#43]
I love the donation checkboxes.  Starts at 1000, goes down to $50.  Does anyone actually send these fuckers $1K at a time?

Unbelievable.

Link Posted: 9/10/2004 11:51:47 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
I kinda thought Osama had a Krink...

Oh yeah, I'm sure that the terrorists would rather spend $300+ for semi-auto AKs in the US then smuggle in their own full-auto AKs that they can get for much less.

cut and past, cut and past, make your own Osama photo
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 12:28:33 PM EDT
[#45]
And the liberals accuse Bush of exploiting Al Queda for political gain....

GunLvr
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 12:29:46 PM EDT
[#46]
Do these idiots believe their own shit or do they just hope the sheeple eat it up?
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 12:31:27 PM EDT
[#47]
Yeah, because everybody KNOWS Osama Bin Laden got his Krinkov at a gun show in the US!!  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top