Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2004 6:47:02 AM EDT
This was a letter to the editor recently in the local rag. Shows the mentality of Dems....

Disappointed by Kerry supporters

I was present at one of Senator John Kerry’s “front porch” events (meetings at the private homes of people hand-picked by Kerry’s team) in Green Bay on Aug. 25th. I did not attend to protest Sen. Kerry, rather to show my support for President George W. Bush - and what I witnessed absolutely solidifies my support for the president.

I saw Kerry supporters screeching obscenities at my fellow peacefully gathered Bush supporters. I was physically assaulted for doing nothing but being present and supporting our commander-in-chief. Perhaps the most despicable situation, however, was witnessing a grown man screaming at a small child - no more than 8 or 9 - with foul language and hatred dripping off every word. What kind of an example does this set for our kids? What kind of message does this send to the future of this country?

Maybe I was naive, but I didn’t think it was possible for anyone in America - the greatest nation in the world - to be so consumed with such visceral hatred , but I’ve seen it with my own eyes, and I pray to God that I never see it again.

The greatest disappointment of the day - apart from the attacks by my fellow Americans - was that in the midst of several citizens actively participating in the election process, there was a clear line drawn between those who were able to maintain their composure and those who were not. My cadre of supporters for our president remained calm in the face of turbulence; our counterparts supporting Sen. Kerry showed their true colors: no restraint, no manners, no dignity and no class.

Leaders set and maintain the tone for their followers; when an honorable man leads, the honorable follow. I (calmly, decently, and always in good faith and upstanding maturity) support President George W. Bush.

The writer Kate Wagner lives in Waupun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top