Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/10/2004 6:44:23 AM EDT
Ben Barnes' 'Daughter': My Dad Lied About Bush

Thursday, Sept. 9, 2004 8:19 p.m. EDT
Ben Barnes' 'Daughter': My Dad Lied About Bush

A woman purporting to be Amy Barnes, daughter of former Texas Lt. Gov. Ben Barnes, said Thursday that her father had fabricated claims that he used his influence to get President Bush into the Texas Air National Guard 36 years ago.

In a phone call to WBAP's Mark Davis radio show in Dallas, Texas, Ms. Barnes told guest host Monica Crowley that her father was an "opportunist" who had lied about Bush's Guard record during a "60 Minutes II" broadcast Tuesday night.

BARNES: I love my father very much, but he's doing this for purely political reasons. He is a big Kerry fund-raiser and he is writing a book also. And [the Bush story] is what he's leading the book off with. ... He denied this to me in 2000 that he did get Bush out [of Vietnam service]. Now he's saying he did.

CROWLEY: Did he tell you, Amy – and I'm glad I have you on the line with me – did your father tell you that he was prepared to do this on behalf of John Kerry – go after President Bush like this?

BARNES: He told me he was going to do it. In fact, I talked to him a couple of months ago. He told me he was writing the book. He told me that he was going to be talking about this. And he knows that I – we have very diverse political opinions. He knows my opinions and we get into this debate every time I see him. But, you know, he said that he was going to be talking about it.

CROWLEY: Now you're saying, Amy, that he has had two separate stories on President Bush's Guard duty during the Vietnam era?

BARNES: Yes, yes. This came out in 2000 and I asked him then, at the time, if he [helped get Bush into the Guard]. He said: "No, absolutely not. I did not do that." - CROWLEY: So, I hate to put you in this position, but I will ask you, do you think your father, Ben Barnes who was on "60 Minutes II" with Dan Rather last night – do you believe that he lied on the air to the American people last night about President Bush?

BARNES; Yes, I do. I absolutely do. And I think he's doing he's doing it for purely political, opportunistic reasons – trying to get John Kerry elected and trying to make Bush look like the bad person. ... Like I said, he's going to be trying to promote his book that he's got coming out. [End of Excerpt]

Crowley's colleague, WABC Radio's Mark Levin, aired a tape of the exchange in New York after confirming that Barnes does indeed have a daughter named Amy.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:47:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Kerry's ship can't sink quick enough!!
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:58:12 AM EDT
[#2]
I vote that this stay near the top.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:03:40 AM EDT
[#3]
As much as I'd like to believe this story it won't hold water unless they can prove that this woman that they talked to is really Barnes's daughter.

Also, newsmax isn't a credible source to my liberal co-workers, so it would be nice if someone could find some more sources for this story.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:42:11 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
As much as I'd like to believe this story it won't hold water unless they can prove that this woman that they talked to is really Barnes's daughter.

Also, newsmax isn't a credible source to my liberal co-workers, so it would be nice if someone could find some more sources for this story.

With evidence piling up this whole story was given to CBS by the DNC and Kerry campaign and the evidence is a fraudulent IMO at this point it is Ben Barnes's responsibility to show this is not his daughter… this should be easy for him if the caller is not his daughter.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:43:58 AM EDT
[#5]
This thread is worthless....
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:45:18 AM EDT
[#6]
WOW!!!!

Kerry might only get 1 state at this rate!!

I should have bet more people on my prediction...this ship is sinking fast!!!!!!!

Sgatr15
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:57:33 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
WOW!!!!

Kerry might only get 1 state at this rate!!

I should have bet more people on my prediction...this ship is sinking fast!!!!!!!

Sgatr15

Poll info as of 09-10-04

Presidential Tracking Poll: Bush-Kerry

Updated Daily by Noon Eastern Election 2004

Presidential Ballot

Bush 47.5%
Kerry 46.8%
Other 2.0%
Not Sure 3.6%
RasmussenReports.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top