Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2004 4:04:18 AM EDT
And no she isn't foolin around.

A guy she works with and whom I've taken shooting was trying to get her goat and said something to the effect of "They should take all guns away from everybody". Little did he know....woman verbally whooped his ass regarding the AWB, what was and was not legal, how it really worked, etc etc etc ad nauseum.

I'm so proud. It turns out he knew very little about the situation (big surprise there). I'd venture to say everything he knew came from TV.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:10:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Bravo for your wife.
I have noticed more and more, people who hate guns, really have no clue what the AWB is, what it bans etc. Machine Guns, Silencers and Grenades are now coming back to our streets.
I honestly think sometimes I need to get the tinfoil out for them when they spew such nonsense.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:11:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Wow . Bad title . First thought I had was she was working on a raise so to speak .
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:15:23 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Wow . Bad title . First thought I had was she was working on a raise so to speak .

Done on purpose.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:29:00 AM EDT
[#4]
My wife did the same thing a few weeks ago on one of her parenting boards with the proposed .50 BMG ban.  She was able to back all of her assertions up with facts found in such places as the BATFE web site.   She knew she had won when the other woman couldn't think of anythink else but to call her an "idiot".   Gotta love the libs.  When they can't make an argument they'll just call names.

Kent
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:29:33 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Done on purpose.

Carefull bro . That kind of Karma is bad juju . I used to joke around about my Ex getting some at work and she came back from Cuba with VD .
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:30:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Outstanding!!!
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:32:20 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Bravo for your wife.
I have noticed more and more, people who hate guns, really have no clue what the AWB is, what it bans etc. Machine Guns, Silencers and Grenades are now coming back to our streets.
I honestly think sometimes I need to get the tinfoil out for them when they spew such nonsense.

The ultra-dipshit liberal girl at work that unfortunately I have to talk to, mentioned the same BS yesterday.
And she readily admits that ALL of her "knowledge" comes from TV.

"They showed automatic weapons on TV and said that the ban on them was ending. Don't you think there's just something wrong with that?"

"Well, dumb ass, NO I don't. Unlike you I don't take CBS, ABC, or CNN's word for that of GOD! Did you actaully LISTEN to what was said or did you just see the pictures and figure you knew what they were talking about. If you had listened you would have heard that they were talking about semi-automatic guns and showing fully automatic guns. Why would they do that? Hmmm.....Maybe to confuse and scare sheep like you!"

That's more or less exactly how the conversation went. I think I might have actually used more cuss words at the time though. Damn she irritates me to death. The good news is she doesn't plan on voting. To which I told her, "Good idea, let me and the rest of the informed people make your decision for you."

Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:50:52 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Done on purpose.

Carefull bro . That kind of Karma is bad juju . I used to joke around about my Ex getting some at work and she came back from Cuba with VD .

I know, taking my chance though. There's no doubt in anyone's mind that if that were to happen, several people would be having a very shitty day. That said she's almost 8 months pregnant and I do not think she's screwing around. There's a difference between marriage and BF/GF. I used to screw around on my GF because it wasn't a "comitted" relationship, my marriage is.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:55:11 AM EDT
[#9]
When I talk to people that don't know what they're spouting, I politely listen to what they say, ask them where they got their information from and then make sure that I am wearing my Stupidity-Repellent.  

If the person is totally unreasonable, I just spray more Stupidity Repellant on, that way I increase my chances of not catching whatever bullshit they got.

On a serious note, good one on your wife for being as informed as she is.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:58:37 AM EDT
[#10]
There's a letter to the editor in lastnight's local paper from a person who compares criminals with assault weapons with terrorists.  He thinks the AWB sunsetting will be worse for the country than anything terrorists can do.  I'm going to write a rebuttal when I get home from work tonight.  Unfortunately, the paper is not online or I'd post a link.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 5:22:19 AM EDT
[#11]
i havent been this disappointed since the "where do i mount" thread
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 5:29:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Damnit... why can't I find a nice RTKB girl?

I'm a stunningly handsome, intelligent, articluate, well-armed fellow and I won't REALLY post pics...

- BG

Buy your wife a new gun for being so awesome.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 5:59:46 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Damnit... why can't I find a nice RTKB girl?

I'm a stunningly handsome, intelligent, articluate, well-armed fellow and I won't REALLY post pics...

- BG

Buy your wife a new gun for being so awesome.

Her S&W 19 is at the factory getting fixed as we speak. I think a Pink CAV Arms project is in order. She can't wait to have the baby and get her CCW.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:02:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Give your wife a pat on the back from the rest of us!
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:30:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Will do. I just smiled at her and said "good job".
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:37:09 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Done on purpose.

What was she doing in Cuba? (Besides that, I mean)
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:43:03 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Done on purpose.

What was she doing in Cuba? (Besides that, I mean)

Besideds fucking anthing that moved?

She was stationed down there for about 40 days helping process Hatians in the Early 90's.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:47:07 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Bravo for your wife.

The ultra-dipshit liberal girl at work that unfortunately I have to talk to, mentioned the same BS yesterday.
And she readily admits that ALL of her "knowledge" comes from TV.

"They showed automatic weapons on TV and said that the ban on them was ending. Don't you think there's just something wrong with that?"

"Well, dumb ass, NO I don't. Unlike you I don't take CBS, ABC, or CNN's word for that of GOD! Did you actaully LISTEN to what was said or did you just see the pictures and figure you knew what they were talking about. If you had listened you would have heard that they were talking about semi-automatic guns and showing fully automatic guns. Why would they do that? Hmmm.....Maybe to confuse and scare sheep like you!"

That's more or less exactly how the conversation went. I think I might have actually used more cuss words at the time though. Damn she irritates me to death. The good news is she doesn't plan on voting. To which I told her, "Good idea, let me and the rest of the informed people make your decision for you."

Easy there.
People don't listen well when you insult them.
She sounds like she was open to the truth, as she asked a question that was not politically loaded.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top