Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2004 3:52:01 AM EDT
www.drudgereport.com/cbsd.htm

It's like watching a preacher pull his pants up after being caught boinking the choirgirl!
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:00:07 AM EDT
[#1]

Rather, who anchored the segment presenting new information on the president's military service, will personally correct the record on-air, if need be, the source explained from New York.

Yeah, I'm sure that will happen.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:05:10 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Rather, who anchored the segment presenting new information on the president's military service, will personally correct the record on-air, if need be, the source explained from New York.

It will happen....a 3.2 second blurb aired at 2:54 a.m.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:10:36 AM EDT
[#3]
The wonderful thing about this crap is it has John Kerry written all over it, it makes out guy look better and better to the waffles in the middle crowd.   Another reason to hate the chicken shit left.  This proves my theory that they do not support free speech unless it is their speech.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:14:32 AM EDT
[#4]
I absolutely love it. Another board I post at has had this discussion going over the "documents" that are so evil. The "right" won't debate it with them, but then again the right doesn't debate much with them as it always turns into a free for all slug fest, and I am seriously black and blue all over. . Back to the point, after many posts of enticing the right to debate these documents, they have now been soundly put in their place! The truth is a wonderful thing.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:22:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Why gloat or make a big deal outta this issue.

Anyone who has done any research whatsoever, knows neither candidate has any reason whatsoever to brag about their military records.

Besides GWB's military records were sanitized and revised years ago prior to his running for Governor of his adopted state. Nobody will find squat regarding his military record. Can't believe there ain't anyone that doesn't know this.......

Mike
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:24:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Chances are your local papers are running the original story, even though the memos have been thouroughly discredited.  For example:

news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/3641192.stm
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:24:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Giddy is the perfect word, this is going to slap them in the face like a shit sandwich.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:39:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:49:06 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

'cause it's a felony.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:49:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Very true Lightfighter.  Kerry is becoming desperate I think!!
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:50:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Will someone go to jail for this?
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:54:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Ya know, those internet network news organizations are so unreliable!
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:55:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Who *found* the documents? The media? Kerry's camp?
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:55:31 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
This proves my theory that they do not support free speech unless it is their speech.

Thats not a theory, thats a fact!
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:55:49 AM EDT
[#15]
Forging government documents, crime....most likely none, they will never find the true source
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 5:02:12 AM EDT
[#16]
The DU tinfoil helmet crown will be braying about how it is"...Just another clever Bush plot to usurp our precious bodly fluids." and "Mr. President,we will not allow.......a...service record gap."Bwaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.  
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 5:11:51 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Who *found* the documents? The media? Kerry's camp?

GonzoAR15-1 posted this in another thread from the American Spectator:

More than six weeks ago, an opposition research staffer for the Democratic National Committee received documents purportedly written by President George W. Bush's Texas Air National Guard squadron commander, the late Col. Jerry Killian.

The oppo researcher claimed the source was "a retired military officer." According to a DNC staffer, the documents were seen by both senior staff members at the DNC, as well as the Kerry campaign.

"More than a couple people heard about the papers," says the DNC staffer. "I've heard that they ended up with the Kerry campaign, for them to decide to how to proceed, and presumably they were handed over to 60 Minutes, which used them the other night. But I know this much. When there was discussion here, there were doubts raised about their authenticity."

So according to the DNC is went "some guy" -> DNC -> Kerry -> CBS.
And that is, of course, if you believe an unknown DNC staffer who doesn't say who this guy is.

And yes, somebody should go to jail.  For forgery and mail crimes (for some reason it's also a crime if you send forged or counterfit documents through the US mail).

Link Posted: 9/10/2004 5:20:20 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Anyone who has done any research whatsoever, knows neither candidate has any reason whatsoever to brag about their military records.

Besides GWB's military records were sanitized and revised years ago prior to his running for Governor of his adopted state. Nobody will find squat regarding his military record. Can't believe there ain't anyone that doesn't know this.......

Mike

I agree with you!  Every point! , except for the Bush bashing part.
But,  this instance is not about gloating or even the Bush issue at all.  It's all about watching the supposedly neutral media revealed for what we know them to be. Watch'n 'em squirm.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 5:27:42 AM EDT
[#19]
those staffers bill gave to kerry sure did the trick.  
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 5:29:58 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
This proves my theory that they do not support free speech unless it is their speech.

Thats not a theory, thats a fact!

+1x10^50
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 5:31:56 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 5:32:16 AM EDT
[#22]

Will someone go to jail for this?

I sure hope so.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 5:32:41 AM EDT
[#23]
those staffers bill gave to kerry sure did the trick.  
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 5:35:14 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Mike

YEP!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 5:49:22 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Mike

+1
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:03:40 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mike

+1

The funny thing is GWB hasn't been bragging.  He's not running around every speech telling us how he was a fighter pilot and thus a great American.   The DNC just can't seem to figure out a way to get off the subject and the new staff is sure doing a bang-up job of killing Kerry.  That wife of his is a real peice of work too.  
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:12:54 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Mike

Bush has never bragged about his record. He's even said that Kerry's service was more honorable then his. Kerry is the one trying to base his entire campaign on his service in Vietnam, because he doesn't have any real ideas about anything, and apparently was hoping we'd all forget about what he did when he got back.

Meanwhile, this is, what, the fifth time they've started a bashing session over Bush's National Guard records? What does that say about the media and the Kerry campaign?
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:27:23 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Yea sure...when monkeys fly out of his butt!
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:31:31 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
BREAKING: CBS stands by Authenticity of Memos

Well...THAT's supid.  They're going to get it shoved up their collective ASSES in the next news cycle week.  What a bunch of maroons!

On the other hand, it certainly validates what most of the known world already knows:  Led by DBS and the NYTs, the New York based liberal media are nothing more than shills for the DNC and John Kerry.

Fools...

They screwed the pooch on this one!
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:35:49 AM EDT
[#30]
Give'm Hell boys

Email cbs here
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:37:07 AM EDT
[#31]
It was a pleasure this morning to peruse about 12 different news Web sites.  Every single one has picked up the fact that these docs were forgeries.

The pleasure of knowing that Dan Rather-Biased is squirming over this, well, it's hard to describe.

I predict that Big Media will be backing away from Kerry Big Time.

Another thread I picked-up:  There is a Texas gov't official claiming that he pushed GWB's application to the Texas Air Guard up the list so that he would be picked sooner.  Well folks, apparently yesterday this guys daughter was interviewed on a Texas radio talk show.  She called her father a liar and an opportunist, who was using his name to create the scandal.

As I raise my cupped hand to my ear, I think I hear an implosion on the left.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:39:57 AM EDT
[#32]
Best commentary on this YET!!!

Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:40:43 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Give'm Hell boys

Email cbs here

My email:
You guys are below shameless!  Why don't you just put the Kerry campaign banner behind your desks?  I don't think it would be a violation of Campaign Finance Reform.
It's really nice to see you choke on those forged documents you were so salivating over.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:41:51 AM EDT
[#34]
This is actually excellent timing, as overlaps nicely with our vulenrable point (in terms of independent voters), the sunset...
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:43:45 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Mike

President Bush has authorized the realease of all of his military records.  He has signed the DoD Form 180.  John Kerry on the other hand has NOT.

The Democrats have attempted to use this tactic against him since the 1994 campaign for governor.  They failed in 2000 and will fail now.  He served with honor and fulfilled his military committment

You allege that the President's military records were "sanitized and revised".  Please provide proof of this scurrilous allegation.  You besmirch not only the President but all of the honorable military personnel who you allege participated in this scheme.  To make such charges against these honorable military personnel is beneath contempt.  Shame on you!

Where is the proof to support your ridiculous allegation? You are merely parroting the trash emanating from the liberal mouthpieces like DU and the DNC.

Sorry......it won't fly with us...and it won't fly with the American electorate.  Kerry is done.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:44:24 AM EDT
[#36]
I like this one a little better:

Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:49:04 AM EDT
[#37]
My email:

I can't believe you allowed yourself to use falsified documents to cast negative light on GWB's NG time.  You people are absolutely pathetic.  How stupid of you.  You're worse than a bunch of retarded monkeys trying to peel a banana.  I laugh at your incompetence and bemoan your blatant bias which does nothing but harm our country.  Dan Rather should be fired.  Better yet, keep him there.  The comic relief is better than Seinfeld reruns.  I am so happy that Bush is going to win by a landslide, and you idiots are helping him.  What a bunch of buffoons.

MAybe a bit much, but it was fun to write.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:51:23 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Mike

You, sir, are regurgitating the Democratic talking point on this better than Kerry himself.  Good job, LOSER!
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:53:37 AM EDT
[#39]

That's AWESOME!
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:59:43 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
My email:

I can't believe you allowed yourself to use falsified documents to cast negative light on GWB's NG time.  You people are absolutely pathetic.  How stupid of you.  You're worse than a bunch of retarded monkeys trying to peel a banana.  I laugh at your incompetence and bemoan your blatant bias which does nothing but harm our country.  Dan Rather should be fired.  Better yet, keep him there.  The comic relief is better than Seinfeld reruns.  I am so happy that Bush is going to win by a landslide, and you idiots are helping him.  What a bunch of buffoons.

MAybe a bit much, but it was fun to write.

BRILLIANT!
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:09:35 AM EDT
[#41]
My e-mail to SeeBS

What's the matter...not enough actual NEWS happening that you resort to creating news?

Shame on you for not fully checking your facts before running a story. In your quest to have John Kerry as your ultimate idol, you blatantly ran with distorted facts that you were well aware of the uncertainty of their authenticity.

I expected better from a supposedly "unbiased" news agency.

Stoney Point
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:16:38 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Best commentary on this YET!!!

members.aol.com/snick24392/cbs.jpg

That's hilarious
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:18:44 AM EDT
[#43]
My note to CBS:

How COULD your 60 Minutes II staff be SO stupidly incompetent as to use documents against the president that are SO CLEARLY forgeries?  I and some of my colleagues are retired military officers.  Just a casual perusal of the memos indicated to us that they are fakes.

Further, how could you be so foolish as to use as an interviewee "source" a man who is so clearly in the Kerry camp and has such a sordid history?  What could have possessed you, Mr. Rather?  Are you and the Democrats THAT desperate?

Why have you NOT done a similar story on John Kerry's much disputed Vietnam record and his purported false combat action reports and his alleged phony medals?  Where IS your much vaunted objectivity?  Why have you not given equal air time to the Swift Boat Vets?  Do you not think the American electorate would like to hear from them?  What ARE you afraid of...the TRUTH?

Have you become so biased that you have lost all control of your logical brain functions?  You have sunk so far, it is now obvious to the entire nation that CBS is nothing more than a shill for the Democrats.  Bernie Goldberg is RIGHT!  You are on the slippery slope to oblivion.  No wonder your numbers are tanking.

SHAME!

Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:21:19 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Give'm Hell boys

Email cbs here

Here's mine:

Nice reporting, suckers.  I hope that the DNC at least gave you a reach-around after they bent you over.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:24:58 AM EDT
[#45]
My e-mail:

To whom it may concern,

Kerry Campaign.
CBS News.
Dan Rather.
Hoax.
Forgeries.

Birds of a feather flock together.

Thank you for your time.

Wobblin' Goblin
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top