Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2004 2:57:19 AM EDT
why no announcements, ads, etc.....  It's not illegal to post the ads with the september 15th disclaimer.

Are the prices going to change?

What kits will be put together?

Mag prices?
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 3:10:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Armalite is already advertising their "buy a pre-ban style gun now and we'll assemble and ship after the AWB dies" program.

Seems pretty cool to me.  They also included a coupon with their 2003 & 2004 guns to get a free flashhider once the ban expires, so we can get rid of the muzzle breaks.  I just sent mine in for the AR10 - should save me about $65  or so.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 3:33:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Add Beretta to the list.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 3:41:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Beretta's currently giving a certificate for (2?) full capacity magazines with each pistol purchased with 10 rounders, able to be redeemed after the sunset.

Kharn
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 3:43:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Bad luck to plan ahead?  

Feinstein already used Armalite as a "negative" example on the floor of the Senate.  I'm sure the manufactures don't want to spend the money to get products out there that might have still been illegal.  I'm sure it involves money and politics.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 3:48:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Armalite DEFINITELY gets a +1,000,000 for 'manning up'  WAY before the other manufacturing outfits.  And is anyone else a little peeved at HKUSA for stiffing us in favor of military contracts? Don't civilian sales keep these companies going, act as R&D for parts and improvements, etc....
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:10:11 AM EDT
[#6]
I would believe that they are keeping a low profile to stay under the radar. Notice how the "Oh My God the bans ending the sky is falling" crowd only started their media blitz a few days ago? I think they were trying NOT to attract attention.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:18:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 5:18:30 AM EDT
[#8]
why should armalite ot us be quiet?
What is this rushing headlong into.... crap?
This ban is wrong, the motive behind it is wrong, the people behind it is wrong.

This wrong is about to be right, and we don't want to ===offend=== anyone!?!?!?!

Sorry dude, not me.  And not armalite, obviously.  Seeing their ads and offers is reason enough to buy from them.  Seems they care more bout their customers than about public opinion, govenrent contracts or Diane Feinstein.  In fact, judging from how companies have acted in tehse months - there are a few manufacturers that I will be avoiding from now on.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 5:29:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Why the hush hush?

Well, because it's worked.

If they had rubbed the anti's noses in it TOO MUCH, they might have mounted a more effective campaign to renew the ban.
In this case, the LOW PROFILE approach was best.
AWB stories have barely made the news.

Link Posted: 9/10/2004 5:32:51 AM EDT
[#10]
I hear that.... as vocal and as rancid the left is... they really haven't been able to push this to the forefront.  But alittle backbone on the industry's part is nice to see in some instances.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 5:56:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Sure.
But what do you think would have happened if George W. Bush had held a press conference this past Spring, where he spoke glowingly about RKBA and about why he wants the AWB to expire?

Many here would have cheered, "hooray for Bush!".
Not me.
I would have groaned, "what an idiot..."

Had Bush made this an issue, so would the democrats.
They don't care THAT much about the issue, but they are opposed to whatever Bush is FOR, and they're FOR whatever BUSH is against.

The republicans played this smart.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top