Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2004 10:22:37 PM EDT
What concentration is needed to dissolve solid organic matter?

ETA:
Does anyone know of a chemical that prevents luminal from being effective?  I would guess some sort of protien, but not sure.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 10:27:52 PM EDT
[#1]
5-10 molarity should do the trick, but that is just a guess.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 10:28:05 PM EDT
[#2]
How much organic matter, what type of organic matter, and over what time frame?
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 10:32:52 PM EDT
[#3]

Don't forget to neutralize the nanobots.
(they always forget about the nanobots)
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 10:34:06 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/9/2004 10:34:13 PM EDT
[#5]
WTF?
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 10:37:28 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

You really gotta tell me what that is from.  I copied the half page you posted and tried to look it up on the internet using various phrases with no luck.  
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 10:39:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Dilute mineral acids are usually a poor choice for solvating organics. Solvents (alcohol etc.) are typically more useful. Need more details on what you want to dissolve.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 10:48:30 PM EDT
[#8]

Dilute mineral acids are usually a poor choice for solvating organics. Solvents (alcohol etc.) are typically more useful. Need more details on what you want to dissolve.

I've got a cow that died on my land today.  I was just wondering what I could use to get rid of the meat and bones.  I would rather not bury it, I just want to get rid of it for good.
I have acess to 90%+ HCL, but  I seem to remember somthing about it not being corrossive unless it is in the 20-30% range.  Is this right?  If not what dilution is needed, and what should I mix it with?
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 10:49:40 PM EDT
[#9]
isn't that what lime is for?
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 10:50:06 PM EDT
[#10]
You dont suppose this has anything to do with that "Rustle" thread he has going, do you?
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 10:53:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Anything greater than 10-12M should do you good, but you realize the organic material isn't going to just /disappear/ don't you?

In any event, be CAREFUL handling any high-molar acid -- even acetic acid (vinegar) will burn your flesh if the molarity is high enough (Glacial acid for example)
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 10:54:02 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You really gotta tell me what that is from.  I copied the half page you posted and tried to look it up on the internet using various phrases with no luck.  

A simple search on Google will reveal a lot of information on nanobots and nanotechnolgy - most of what is publically being disseminated is 10-20years behind the curve though.

Nanotechnology Marches Forward
"The principal fear is that it may be possible to create a new life form, a self-replicating nanoscale robot, a nanobot," Smalley said. "For fundamental reasons, I am convinced that these nanobots are an impossible, childish fantasy. The assembly of complex molecular structures is vastly more subtle and complex than is appreciated by the dreamers of these tiny mechanical robots.

"We should not let this fuzzy-minded nightmare dream scare us away from nanotechnology," Smalley continued. "Nanobots are not real. Let's turn on the lights and talk about it. Let's educate ourselves as to how chemistry and biology really work. NNI [National Nanotechnology Initiative] should go forward both here in the U.S. and in major research programs around the planet."

"childish fantasy"..... like spaceflight and laserbeams.

"fuzzy-minded nightmare dream..... and pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.

"Nanobots are not real"..... yet.

And is this the stuff I posted before:

BEWARE THE NANOBOTS!

The ultimate tool to subjugate, control and dominate all of humanity.

Programmable, self-replicating, cellular or molecular-sized nanobots that, when introduced into a human subject, can quickly take over any or all cellular function - especially in the central nervous system where they would render the person's actions, deeds, words and even their thoughts and memories utterly and completely under the control of outside forces.

Exposure to even a single nanobot is enough transform the person into nothing more than a Borg-like slave - or simply kill the person from within by shutting down vital physiological functions.

The beauty is that they are programmable and self-replicating, like viruses only far more sinister.

Imagine a smaller-than bacterium-sized robot that can, under the direction of outside forces, completely alter anyone's brain chemistry at any moment.

They will be initially introduced under the guise of a new "vaccination" or as a new "medical breakthrough" in treating diseases like cancer or heart disease. They'll also be used secretly on 3rd-world savages as experiments in population control.

Then on to the rest of humanity.

They may even be built to be "contagious" - capable of replicating and being transmitted like a flu virus from one person to another.

You will give up all your natural human instincts of self-preservation, territoriality, family-connections and even your personal individuality... at the flick of their switch.

That's in the near future. The basic prototypes are already out there - simple, subcelluar tracking devices.

BTW... they are unaffected by HCl.

Use HF instead.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 10:56:35 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I've got a cow that died on my land today.  I was just wondering what I could use to get rid of the meat and bones.  I would rather not bury it, I just want to get rid of it for good.
I have acess to 90%+ HCL, but  I seem to remember somthing about it not being corrossive unless it is in the 20-30% range.  Is this right?  If not what dilution is needed, and what should I mix it with?

I'm a chemist, but I must confess that I know Jack Shit about disposing of dead cattle... we never covered that at University . I would avoid using the acid though: its not very efficient at this sort of thing, and it would produce a shitload of acid waste that you would have to dispose of legally. Just dumping it in the local creeks will NOT cut it.

Here's my non-professional opinion: either burn the body on a big bonfire or have it taken away by a professional renderer.

EDITED TO ADD: I see you are in DC. Why not ship it collect to John Kerry's senate office ?
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 10:58:00 PM EDT
[#14]
[hijack]

Actually, I was looking for the author of this....

------

We all know that no man or larch or lepidoptera is immune unless their vital bodily fluids are cleansed of all nanobots at the porch of the Righteous Fiddler. Your lies are leading many astray and casting them upon the 13th hill of the place of the skulls where all shall be raptured by the false truth of thee, the "Entity of Shadows and Legs".

It is the illuminati that is your spear to the hearts of those who stand barefoot on wet hickory leaves. Yes, you have been there while I endulged the ambrosia of the gods, yet you suckle the bitter vinegar of the spoiled elixir of the soul. You are not the King, nor the Prince, nor the Earl, nor the Duke of Togo! The strings of the Righteous Fiddler are numbered against you!

Your seven avatars are a false mirror reflecting the sour waste of the soul that you mix in your clyster of the damned. THE CLYSTER OF THE DAMNED!!!

-------

and so on.

[/hijack]
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 10:59:15 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
What concentration is needed to dissolve solid organic matter?
ETA:
Does anyone know of a chemical that prevents luminal from being effective?

Quoted:

A cow huh? Hmmm... And your interest in blocking Luminol?

Uh-huh.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 11:00:41 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
[hijack]

Actually, I was looking for the author of this....

------

We all know that no man or larch or lepidoptera is immune unless their vital bodily fluids are cleansed of all nanobots at the porch of the Righteous Fiddler. Your lies are leading many astray and casting them upon the 13th hill of the place of the skulls where all shall be raptured by the false truth of thee, the "Entity of Shadows and Legs".

It is the illuminati that is your spear to the hearts of those who stand barefoot on wet hickory leaves. Yes, you have been there while I endulged the ambrosia of the gods, yet you suckle the bitter vinegar of the spoiled elixir of the soul. You are not the King, nor the Prince, nor the Earl, nor the Duke of Togo! The strings of the Righteous Fiddler are numbered against you!

Your seven avatars are a false mirror reflecting the sour waste of the soul that you mix in your clyster of the damned. THE CLYSTER OF THE DAMNED!!!

-------

and so on.

[/hijack]

Yes that was me.

Link Posted: 9/9/2004 11:01:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Sounds like someone's trying to dispose of a body to hide the evidence!!!!  
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 11:07:25 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Yes that was me.

That would explain why I couldn't find the book it came from.

---------------------------------------------------------

Concerned1... Just hire someone to dispose of the cow... it's gotta be cheaper than that much HCL.  
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 11:09:17 PM EDT
[#19]

I'm a chemist, but I must confess that I know Jack Shit about disposing of dead cattle... we never covered that at University . I would avoid using the acid though: its not very efficient at this sort of thing, and it would produce a shitload of acid waste that you would have to dispose of legally. Just dumping it in the local creeks will NOT cut it.

Here's my non-professional opinion: either burn the body on a big bonfire or have it taken away by a professional renderer.

EDITED TO ADD: I see you are in DC. Why not ship it collect to John Kerry's senate office ?

Former ChemE, but havnt dealt with disposal in quite some time.  My last project in the field was working on biodegradable plastic for proctor and gamble, which was primarily made out of concentrated bug shit.  Mix it with acetone,  and a couple of  other things (cant say) and you got it.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 11:10:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Use muratic (sp) acid.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 11:37:37 PM EDT
[#21]
So, no other help?
I could really use some advice, this cow is going to start stinking tommorow.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 11:38:37 PM EDT
[#22]
why not just dig a bigass hole in the ground?
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 11:41:10 PM EDT
[#23]
fucking wood chipper
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 11:44:51 PM EDT
[#24]

fucking wood chipper

No, I'm being serious.  I don't need to have the bones scattered around.  This was an old cow, I just wanted to set her at ease without much trouble and residue.

But since you brought it up, how small does a wood chipper chip?
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 11:49:14 PM EDT
[#25]
X100

One more post like this and you're banned
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 11:56:58 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm nearly certain this cow was a victom of alien experimentation and concerned is concerned that the evidence is still there.

He has predicted the end of the world in the Survival Forum.

He was right for the cow.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 11:59:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 12:17:25 AM EDT
[#28]
Any serious help within the next few hours would be greatly appreciated.  I would prefer to get this taken care of before sunrise.  Thanks for you help in advance.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 12:20:01 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 12:42:13 AM EDT
[#30]
You're going to try and chemically "disolve a cow"?!??!! And this "cow" needs to be gone before sun up huh? Wait, wait, let me guess. This is your sons pet cow and you don't want him knowing it died. You plan to covertly replace the cow first thing in the morning before he knows it's dead and pass the new cow off as his pet. You're worried that if he finds a cow sized dirt mound he's going to get suspicious and realize there's a cow shell game going on. Then the jig is up. Hence the reason you want to melt the "cow" with chemicals. Maybe you should just go into the bad part of town and pay some thugs to hide the "cow" for you. I'm sure some of those inner city guys have more experience at hiding "cows" so they won't ever be found than we do.

On that note dude, you might as well give up. Agents are already on their way.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 12:53:06 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 12:53:14 AM EDT
[#32]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top