Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2004 8:00:31 PM EDT
just as happy to see prohibition go away as we are to see the AWB go bye-bye?

And the Senators said

"Booze will be flowing in the streets!"

"You'll be able to buy booze from an ice creme vendor!"

"People will be dying in the streets!"

"Ban it..Do it for the children!"

Link Posted: 9/9/2004 8:03:15 PM EDT
[#1]
As a alcoholic, I have mixed emotions

GM
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 8:04:35 PM EDT
[#2]
No.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 8:05:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Naaah...they were all too drunk to care...
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 8:06:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Were the bootleggers as pissed as Sarah Brady probaly is?
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 8:09:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Think Ted Kennedy would vote for prohibition? We ought to call him and let him know if he says one word about a new AWB, we're going to try to get prohibition reinstated..
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 8:10:06 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Think Ted Kennedy would vote for prohibition? We ought to call him and let him know if he says one word about a new AWB, we're going to try to get prohibition reinstated..

Possibly it wouldnt affect him, didnt one of the Kennedys make money bootlegging?
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 8:12:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Sir, with all due respect, one cannot be related to the other.  On the level of elation...possibly...but the rights we regain are constitutionally protected.  Alcohol wasn't.

Your analogy is appreciated only to a certain point.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 8:19:49 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Sir, with all due respect, one cannot be related to the other.  On the level of elation...possibly...but the rights we regain are constitutionally protected.  Alcohol wasn't.

So, what are you trying to say?

Alcohol is a Constitutionally protected right! The right to pursue happiness has a direct connection to the consumption of copious quantities of alcoholic beverages!

I rest my case!
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 8:25:09 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Possibly it wouldnt affect him, didnt one of the Kennedys make money bootlegging?

Teddy's dad made the family fortune off of running Booze.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 8:30:19 PM EDT
[#10]
More people drank alcohol during Proibition then they did before or after. Too bad we can't say the same thing about AW's, most of this bunch were too scared to build up an "illegal" AW, notice I said "most", not all. I'm sure some of us had the intestinal fortitude to thumb our nose in the face of an illegal, unconstitutional firearms ban but then again, I'll never tell.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 8:30:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Come now. If Prohibition were reinstituted, certainly no Kennedy could be arrested for committing a crime even if caught running moonshine. After all, they have a history of committing murder via drowning and still serve in lofty public office
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 8:31:31 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So, what are you trying to say?

Alcohol is a Constitutionally protected right! The right to pursue happiness has a direct connection to the consumption of copious quantities of alcoholic beverages!

I rest my case!

I yield to the author!  

Link Posted: 9/9/2004 8:34:03 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
More people drank alcohol during Proibition then they did before or after. Too bad we can't say the same thing about AW's, most of this bunch were too scared to build up an "illegal" AW, notice I said "most", not all. I'm sure some of us had the intestinal fortitude to thumb our nose in the face of an illegal, unconstitutional firearms ban but then again, I'll never tell.

Didnt the AR market and a few others get alot larger post AWB even with the ban in place?
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 8:37:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Most gun owners followed the AWB...most drinkers during Prohibition didn't...
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 8:50:39 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Most gun owners followed the AWB...most drinkers during Prohibition didn't...

That is my point to the letter. Because most drinkers still drank the government just gave up on the 18th Amend.(notice, it wasn't even a law, it was a Constitutional Amendment for god sake.) and it was repealed. Now if we'd have the same disreguard for Unconstitutional firearms laws then maybe, just maybe they'd 'get it' and repeal them and stop screwing with us. As long as we follow they'll pass more laws until we've run out of guns to ban but if we tell em' to go "F" themselves they'll stop passing these assinine laws because they'll see that we're not going to play their silly little games with the Constitution. I"m not trying to be a jerk about this but come on people, enough is a frickin' nuff, we've got to stand up on our own two feet and fight this someday and it might as well be now while we've still got something to fight with. Unless ya'll like the idea of throwing rocks, I sure don't.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 8:56:06 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I'm all for prohibition, it would be a terrbible law, but I'd just want to see the shit storm it would cause.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 9:34:51 PM EDT
[#17]
I'll drink to thattt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top