Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/9/2004 6:07:36 PM EDT
I know CampyBob has becoame a U-Boat commander and sadly, we've had two local people drown here in Southeastern Ohio; one a girl of nine.

Last I heard, we got nailed with seven inches of water in a short period of time. It never stopped raining for two days. I just found out my sis-in-law's little used car dealership went underwater and took out all the cars. It came so fast, they didn't have time to move anything to high ground. They were just getting on their feet with their own business.

I'm curious how the rest of the East State Boy's have fared?
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:12:52 PM EDT
[#1]
South-eastern Ohio?

Where are you located?

I'm right here about to start at Ohio University in Athens.

I feel terrible for my neighbor everytime we have one of these storms. Literally 1/2 of his property turns into a giant flooded field.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:15:26 PM EDT
[#2]
I thought Ohio was hi in the middle?  Another myth busted...
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:16:48 PM EDT
[#3]
We didn't get any over here in the western part of the state.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:20:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Cambridge. The main crossroads of I-70 and I-77. I understand that both interstates went or are still underwater. Our city is frozen with most of the main roads closed do to flooding.

My friend can't get to his brand new house till Saturday and I bet it's to the first floor with water.

Athen's eh? Great town. I have many friends that went to that school. And all of the are employed!!!
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:22:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes, being from Ohio, I would call it midwest...not east...
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:32:55 PM EDT
[#6]
I was visiting with friends in Noble county and the flooding was so bad I had to stay all night. I couldn't get across some of the valleys. The low areas around Seneca lake were terrible. I saw a pile of logs from a sawmill floating down a valley taking out fences and mailboxes. One amish guy was trying to cross a field to get to his house and the water was up to the belly of the horse.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:36:56 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Yes, being from Ohio, I would call it midwest...not east...

The storm tracked north east, that's the reason for the inquiry.

This is what ran us over:

Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:42:12 PM EDT
[#8]
It has rained here so often the last two years, I can't remember if it was yesterday or tuesday when it stormed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top