Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2004 6:02:55 PM EDT
how fast could a new awb be put in place?  
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:03:46 PM EDT
[#1]
ASAP.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:04:02 PM EDT
[#2]
If the republicans gain strength it in the house and senate, there's a good chance it wouldn't pass at all.

They'll remember how many people got ejected when the first one passed.

Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:04:29 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
ASAP.

I dunno, lets get ricinvegas's opinion on that one.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:04:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Could he make it an executive order?
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:29:48 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Could he make it an executive order?

that's what i'm wondering about.  

dammit, i don't have money to blow on gun stuff right now.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:33:08 PM EDT
[#6]
I think we will learn a lot more about executive orders is Kerry becomes the POTUS.

I don't think even the Dem congresspeople would want to be seen casting a vote either way on a new AWB.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:34:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Kerry could do NOTHING without a House and Senate willing to give him a bill to sign.  America is not a dictatorship.  EOs are interpretation directives, not new laws.  There will be no code for Kerry to force a strict interpretation of to 'make' a ban.   He could however give an EO that would kill most if not all firearms related imports as customs has some broad based laws that govern imports.

Happily, we appear not to have to worry...
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:35:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Moot point...he won't get elected.

SGatr15
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:39:12 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

SGatr15

i hope you're right.  everyday i wonder how people can't see through his BS.  my dad is one of them.  
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:42:45 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

SGatr15

+1  There's no way he'll be elected.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 8:08:57 PM EDT
[#11]

It's not Kerry we have to worry about.

It is Bush. He will be elected and then vote for gun bans and sad thing is that most people will be shocked about it.

Doesn't anyone here rememeber that it was republicans working arm in arm with demokrats who passed this load of crap in the first place?  

It is them against us.

Not dems against repubs.

Zen

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top