Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/9/2004 4:17:50 PM EDT
Is it correct that BETA C Mags will become available after the ban expires?

Where, specifically, will we be able to get them?
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:18:54 PM EDT
[#1]
many places. any one who sells them for LE right now should sell them to you after.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:19:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Ruben is taking pre-orders as I understand...
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:19:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes, sir.  You being in MI, I'd guess your best bet would be gunbroker.com
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:20:31 PM EDT
[#4]
There are a couple of vendors in the EE taking orders now, CMMG is one I think.  Now for opinion, save your $200+ and buy USGI 30 round mags!  Beta's are prone to breakage and a real motherbitch to operate, that said, they do have the cool factor going!
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:49:47 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
There are a couple of vendors in the EE taking orders now, CMMG is one I think.  Now for opinion, save your $200+ and buy USGI 30 round mags!  Beta's are prone to breakage and a real motherbitch to operate, that said, they do have the cool factor going!

Mine haven't broken

And as far as loading, they're easy, with any available loader out there, including the LULA (it's just a slight pain to get the LULA off of it, though...) It comes with either a 5 loose round loader, or a 10 round stripper clip loader.

They can also be loaded, and left sitting for years, without taking a set. Most drum magazines cannot be loaded and left in storage; a Beta C-Mag can be.

Having said that...

USGI 30's, for the same money, will give you more available/loaded ammo. Problem is, it's more pieces to put into mag pouches and carry.

To each their own; my Betas have always run fine. Would I pay for them now? No...but when 3000 Miles To Graceland came out, I just had to have a couple
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:10:08 PM EDT
[#6]
CMMG Inc is taking orders. My local dealer has them in the display cases with a "Layaway until Sept 13" sign on them.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:10:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Yes.
But what sporting use is there for a 100 round magazine!!!
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:13:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:14:35 PM EDT
[#9]
The suck, you can buy twenty30rdrs for the same price.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:17:58 PM EDT
[#10]
The only reason that I can "C" for having a Beta C mag is if you own a Full Auto, other wise I'd rather have 30rnd. mags, they're cheaper, work better and are easier to carry IMHO.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:18:40 PM EDT
[#11]
For the AR-10 please...now
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:20:36 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
They suck, you can buy twenty30rdrs for the same price.

Could not agree with you more.  But most folks just buy them for looks or to be "cool".
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:21:14 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Make it a belt fed.....more thrusts per squeeze
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:28:13 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Make it a belt fed.....more thrusts per squeeze

I'm loving it.  I suppose that would have about the same effect.

I had actually pursued the option just for some fun, but to no avail.  The closest I've found is one for the AR-15 & varients.

I already had a collapsable buttstock customized last year and bought up on the first FF tubes that came available, so I'm good for it if it comes available.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:29:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:31:40 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
They suck, you can buy twenty30rdrs for the same price.

Could not agree with you more.  But most folks just buy them for looks or to be "cool".

...or are thinking a few years down the road when Hillary is Pres and the House and Senate are Dem controlled how the first thing to be banned is high caps....and then those $240 Beta-C's might just well go back up to $800 or higher like they were a few years ago....if they install a new ban and make in permanent the sky is the limit.....who would have imagined $10-15k M-16's a few years ago?

I see your point, but the 30s will go up 300-400% too, so same difference really. I have 2 betas, I broke one by dropping it on my tailgate.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:36:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top