still banned ......

Link Posted: 9/9/2004 3:40:38 PM EDT
[#1]
auto?
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 3:48:34 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
auto?

Nope, it's a semi. You can tell by looking at the selector. It's an original AR-180 but Armalite is making new AR-180B's now with plastic lowers. I've never heard much good about either AR180 version though. Both have had quality control problems & the originals require modifications to AR mags in order to function. A few bills more will score you a regular AR that is superior all around IMHO.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 3:57:40 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
auto?

Nope, it's a semi. You can tell by looking at the selector. It's an original AR-180 but Armalite is making new AR-180B's now with plastic lowers. I've never heard much good about either AR180 version though. Both have had quality control problems & the originals require modifications to AR mags in order to function. A few bills more will score you a regular AR that is superior all around IMHO.

Made by Sterling in England.

Import ban

It's a piece of history more then a SHTF gun. The gas system on the AR-180 (at least this one) Is actually superior then the 2 Bushmasters and the Colt AR-15 (tm) I shot it against with some crappy Singapore surplus 5.56 my friend had. The AR15 would not reliably cycle that ammo, but this AR-180 ate it all like a champ with no hiccups.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top