Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2004 11:05:04 AM EDT
I have an HK P7 PSP (I believe, it's a German police issue surplus), which came with 2 - 8 round mags. Will this model accecpt the 13 round mags that other models of the HK P7 use?
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 11:13:44 AM EDT
[#1]
No, P7M13 uses double stack mags.    Nor will yours work with P7M8 mags, either.

Rocko
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 11:16:02 AM EDT
[#2]
What Rocko said.  The P7M13 has a much wider mag well to accept the double-column mag, and the P7M8 has a different mag release than the PSP
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 11:16:34 AM EDT
[#3]
No, the PSP uses a 'single stack' magazine.  The 13rd mags are 'double stacked' and therefore wider than the PSP mag well.  
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 11:18:32 AM EDT
[#4]
PHOOEY!

Thanks guys!

What about night sights? Does anyone make night sights for these things?
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 11:26:10 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

At one time HK offered the 'Betalight' sights for the PSP but have since dropped them.  I hear that Trijicon will retrofit your sights with tritium inserts for around $140.00
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 11:38:12 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

At one time HK offered the 'Betalight' sights for the PSP but have since dropped them.  I hear that Trijicon will retrofit your sights with tritium inserts for around $140.00

I just called Trijicon, and they don't have anything for the PSP. It has to bo through their custom shop (Tooltech Gunsite in Oxford, MI). Estimate is $140.75 with a 2 week turn around time.

Not TOO bad I guess.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 11:45:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 11:50:43 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
8 rounds of 9 mili huh.

I hope that P7 feels REALLY good in your hand and is VERY safe to carry cocked and locked, cause that's giving up alot.

If you've ever shot one, you'd know how comfortable, safe, accurate and FAST they are.  Reloads are insanely fast with these.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 11:51:40 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I just called Trijicon, and they don't have anything for the PSP. It has to bo through their custom shop (Tooltech Gunsite in Oxford, MI). Estimate is $140.75 with a 2 week turn around time.

Not TOO bad I guess.

To my knowledge, having the tritium inserted into the stock sights is the only way to go with the P7.  I have not done it yet, but I am planning on it.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 11:52:00 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
8 rounds of 9 mili huh.

I hope that P7 feels REALLY good in your hand and is VERY safe to carry cocked and locked, cause that's giving up alot.

P7s cannot be carried "cocked & locked", the design won't allow it. And yes, it's worth every bit of the inconvenience of a single stack mag. Strange no one wails about a Sig P-225 or P-239 with limited mag cap?
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 11:57:22 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
8 rounds of 9 mili huh.

There are quite possibly the safest, most accurate and most ergonomic handgun on the market.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 11:59:53 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
PHOOEY!

Thanks guys!

Check with Steve at www.adcofirearms.com

He got me a set of Trijicons for my P7M13 in ONE DAY.

Link Posted: 9/9/2004 12:00:38 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
8 rounds of 9 mili huh.

You mock what you don't understand.

Link Posted: 9/9/2004 12:02:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 12:13:33 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
8 rounds of 9 mili huh.

Miller...You don't carry P7's C&L'ed.  You carry it uncocked and squeeze it to cock it.  It is argueably one of the "safest" carry weapons out there.  
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 12:30:47 PM EDT
[#16]

The P7 is arguably the best handgun ever made, IMO.

I agree that is is the best carry gun ever made.......but it isn't so fun to take to the range and run a few mags through it in a row, unless you are wearing oven mits.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 12:51:50 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I agree that is is the best carry gun ever made.......but it isn't so fun to take to the range and run a few mags through it in a row, unless you are wearing oven mits.

Yea,  that's a BIG Suprise the 1st time you toast your trigger finger!  You know your finger is outside the trigger guard when you smell your flesh cookin!!!
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 12:57:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 12:57:30 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yea,  that's a BIG Suprise the 1st time you toast your trigger finger!  You know your finger is outside the trigger guard when you smell your flesh cookin!!!

No joke!! I have the M8 (which has the heat shield) and that thing still toasts me sometimes!
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 1:08:00 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I've shot 2 of these.

Great pistol and it was one of the best feeling guns in my hand.

It's been a few years, but I thought they were just like the 1911, but the "safety" is on the front strap of the grip, instead of the 1911 being on the back.
That's not cocked and locked?
Or is it that the hammer is not back until you sqeeze the front of the grip where as the 1911 is cocked and the backstrap is actually a safety?
Details, details.

Anyways, I was being a smartass and it didn't work out well.

Squeezing the guns frontstrap cocks the striker (no hammer) immediately making the gun ready to shoot.  Hence the nickname "Squeeze Cocker".

It takes about 10-12 lbs of squeezing to cock it but only 1.5 lbs to keep it cocked...the striker pops out of the back to show you it's cocked.  It clicks loudly when it decocks UNLESS you know 1 or 2 tricks.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 3:45:06 PM EDT
[#21]
I really like them but they are too damn EXPENSIVE! I also though that p7m8 mags work in the PSP but not the other way around?? Basically that the mags are the same physical size and shape, but there is no mag notch in original psp mags.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:04:46 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I really like them but they are too damn EXPENSIVE! I also though that p7m8 mags work in the PSP but not the other way around?? Basically that the mags are the same physical size and shape, but there is no mag notch in original psp mags.

I saw a German Police model PSP for 500-600 bucks on Gunbroker.  Add a hard chrome from 150 bucks and you have a nice pistol.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:50:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Sorry, but that's still $650 min for a used "9mm". I'll stick with my P220's.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:20:00 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Sorry, but that's still $650 min for a used "9mm". I'll stick with my P220's.

I have a pair of 220's too...
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 10:05:17 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
[

It takes about 10-12 lbs of squeezing to cock it but only 1.5 lbs to keep it cocked...the striker pops out of the back to show you it's cocked.  It clicks loudly when it decocks UNLESS you know 1 or 2 tricks.

So, what's the trick?

S.O.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 10:09:16 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I saw a German Police model PSP for 500-600 bucks on Gunbroker.  Add a hard chrome from 150 bucks and you have a nice pistol.

Id pay that for one.  I saw and hold a P7M13, Im going to get it one day.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:05:19 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:
[

So, what's the trick?

S.O.

S.O.
While cocked, stick your second finger parallel to your trigger finger outside the trigger guard.  With your off hand, take your index finger and depress the small latch under the trigger guard where it meets the frontstrap/Cocker.  Watch out...it bites abit but it decocks the gun silently.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top