Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/9/2004 6:17:54 AM EDT
www.kc3.com/news/chicago_confiscation.htm

Confiscation of Registered Guns Begins in Illinois

Chicago Anti Gun Enforcement (CAGE) unit. This elite squad, operated jointly by the Illinois State Police, the Chicago Police Department, and the Cook County State's Attorney's Office, supposedly exists to identify illegal gunrunners. However, information gained by the ISRA makes it clear that the CAGE unit is targeting law-abiding citizens, not criminal gunrunners.
The Chicago Police Department and the Illinois State Police have teamed up to make good on Mayor Daley's pledge that, if it were up to him, nobody would have a gun. Daley and his elite "CAGE" unit are apparently taking advantage of gun privacy loopholes to pinpoint certain individuals for inclusion in the confiscation program.

The ISRA is following up on leads in one case that has disturbing implications. An elderly first-generation Chicago resident was recently paid a visit by an Illinois State Police trooper. After asking to come inside the man's home, the trooper asked if the man owned a gun - to which he replied yes. The trooper then directed the individual to surrender the firearm. The man complied with the officer's demand and the trooper left with the gun. And the story gets better...

The gun in question was purchased legally by the man in the 1970s shortly after he became a U.S. citizen. When Chicago's infamous gun registration scheme went into effect in the early 1980s, the man registered the firearm as per the requirement. However, over the years, the fellow apparently forgot to re-register the firearm, and forgot to renew his Illinois FOID Card.

So...what does this all mean?

In the last edition of The Illinois Shooter, we reported on the activities of a shady taskforce known as the Chicago Anti Gun Enforcement (CAGE) unit. This elite squad, operated jointly by the Illinois State Police, the Chicago Police Department, and the Cook County State's Attorney's Office, supposedly exists to identify illegal gunrunners. However, information gained by the ISRA makes it clear that the CAGE unit is targeting law-abiding citizens, not criminal gunrunners.

Thanks to a ruling by a liberal federal judge, the CAGE unit now has the name of every single person in the United States who, since 1992, lawfully purchased more than one handgun in the period of a week. The CAGE unit also has all the makes, models and serial numbers of those guns. In essence, the Chicago Police Department is now registering guns and gun owners nationwide.

The ISRA has also learned that the CAGE unit has compiled a list of families where more than one person in that family holds a FOID card. Acting on that information, the CAGE unit is now contacting gun shops where those families have shopped, and is illegally registering all guns purchased by those families.

Now, it appears that the CAGE unit is scrubbing Chicago's gun registration list against the list of FOID card holders. Indications are that folks who have let their registrations and FOIDs lapse will have their guns confiscated. We have to wonder how long it will be until state troopers show up at the doors to confiscate the guns of non-Chicago residents who have let their FOIDs expire.

More later as this story develops.

Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:20:45 AM EDT
[#1]
And so it begins...
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:21:28 AM EDT
[#2]
just wonderful.

Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:21:41 AM EDT
[#3]
wasn't this posted sometime last month?
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:23:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Don't mind me. I'm just sitting here waiting on the cops to show up and denounce the actions of the CAGE guys.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:23:27 AM EDT
[#5]
If you own a gun in IL, you've GOT to renew your FOID card.  It sucks, but it's the law.  That's the price you pay for living in paradise...
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:24:47 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Yes.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:27:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Nothing new in that story.

CAGE has had a lot of issues, such as members with criminal ties to gangs in Chitown.

There were members of Chitown PD that were imprisoned for being ACTIVE gangmembers, and giving their gangs information on gunowners in Chicago so that they could break in and steal the guns.

And yet the pols still don't get it...
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:27:21 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Don't mind me. I'm just sitting here waiting on the cops to show up and denounce the actions of the CAGE guys.

Never happen.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:28:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Cocksuckers.

How can those officers go along with such a scheme?

When I was in Chicago earlier this year, I talked with some business acquaintances about Daley, and they actually like the guy.  Guess if you grow up with this bullshit it doesn't seem so bad.

<nazis>I was just following orders.</nazis>
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:28:13 AM EDT
[#10]
So if people are coming into your house to illeagaly take your guns from you and they have on full kevlar upper body and head protection, which limb do you shoot off first?

Gun carring arm.  or knee caps?
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:30:19 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
So if people are coming into your house to illeagaly take your guns from you and they have on full kevlar upper body and head protection, which limb do you shoot off first?

don't start that crap.

killing someone isn'tgoing to solve a damn thing.

have to vote at the polls to get these politicians out of office.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:30:20 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes.

I knew I'd read it before.

FWIW, I remember the other one going into a "this is complete BS" vs "you guys in IL let those laws be made, now you have to live with them" type bitchfest.

So IBTL just in case
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:31:27 AM EDT
[#13]
If it is a dupe the mods can lock her up.

Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:34:42 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
If you own a gun in IL, you've GOT to renew your FOID card.  It sucks, but it's the law.  That's the price you pay for living in paradise...

You call that paradise? FOID cards?

Come down here where you can own what you want, when you want (NFA excluded of course, which follows it own rules) and after shooting, enjoy a day at the white sand beach and emerald green Gulf of Mexico where all the girls where bikinis. That's what my wife and I did last Saturday after a rifle match. And she looks awful fine in a bikini. 4 out of 5 turned heads approve!
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:35:38 AM EDT
[#15]
Not only do you have to renew your FOID card every five years, you have to register your guns every year if you live in the City of Chicago.

I don't live in Chicago so I do not have to register my guns.  I have been told that in Chicgao the yearly registration is a terrible process.  I heard the city wants photos of your guns and makes you go through all kinds of things.

Everyone I know that lives in the city does not register their guns.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:36:23 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Come down here where you can own what you want, when you want (NFA excluded of course, which follows it own rules) and after shooting, enjoy a day at the white sand beach and emerald green Gulf of Mexico where all the girls where bikinis. That's what my wife and I did last Saturday after a rifle match. And she looks awful fine in a bikini. 4 out of 5 turned heads approve!

You are in Florida; the land of major storms right now ( in case we all forgot ), totally flat terrain, and no seasons. No thanks.
But kuddos on the wife.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:38:29 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Flash Bang 'em as they come through the door. Imagine their suprise.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:39:55 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was joking about paradise being in IL, when everyone knows it's right here in Misouri (except we can't have suppressors .  But with a fine lookin' wife, paradise is probably wherever you are!
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:40:26 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

+100

or the "NO, the sky ISN'T falling" gun guys....  "well they must be criminals anyway or the cops wouldn't bother them..."
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:40:55 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:41:45 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You are in Florida; the land of major storms right now ( in case we all forgot ), totally flat terrain, and no seasons. No thanks.
But kuddos on the wife.

If only more New Yorkers thought like you, Florida would be a much nicer place IMO.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:44:32 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

But kuddos on the wife.

NW Florida, nothing major here since '95. Seasons, well sometimes. Usually 2 weeks of fall and 2 weeks of spring, 2 months of winter. Just too freakin' hot in central/south FL. Oh yeah, GW can thank us for handing him the election in '00 because west of Tallahassee votes in Central Time Zone.

I grew up near Flint, MI, so I understand about the seasons though.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:48:56 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

If only more New Yorkers thought like you, Florida would be a much nicer place IMO.

There is no saving The Land of the Blue Hairs, even if no NY'ers went there. Politics aside, the whole state is something like 10 feet above sea level. Not the kind of place I would want to ride a major disaster out in.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:14:23 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

don't start that crap.

What crap? You mean quoting Solzhenitsyn?

Buddy, I'm here to tell you that simply voting isn't going to do a damn thing!
The choices are evil and evil+.
You are screwed no matter who you vote for in most cases.

The solution is to get involved in the system and be one of those that determines who gets put on the ballots in the first place. By the time they are running for State Senate or whatever it is too late! You need to have them tested and approved/disapproved before they run for their first office. After that, they have name recognition and you are powerless.

Then the only solution is to listen to Solzhenitsyn.

Here's my acid test:

1) Do you support abortion on demand? Y/N

2) Define "Militia" as refered to in the 2nd Amendment. (Here the answer should resemble something like "All US Citizens who could be called upon to aid the country in time of national emergency".)

3) Maybe a multiple choice question as to what kind of weapons the 2nd protects.

4) Some clever questions to weed out the communists.

Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:18:34 AM EDT
[#25]
Chicago is already a shit-hole and now getting worse.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:18:47 AM EDT
[#26]
locked and loaded,

waiting for the no-knock
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:21:21 AM EDT
[#27]
Come to CA! no FOID cards but no NFA or AW's
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:30:01 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

don't start that crap.

So it's better to be killed 'cause you're now unarmed and can't protect yourself from criminals?

Smart.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 8:33:34 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Not only do you have to renew your FOID card every five years, you have to register your guns every year if you live in the City of Chicago.

Things have changed in Chicago...for the worse.

It used to be that one had to renew a firearm registration once every FIVE years. It was a simple process done at a local district police station. You filled out a form, had it notarized, and submitted w/photo. You took a "vision test" at the station ("hey....read that sign over there") and that was that. Yes, this sucked, but you only had to do it once every five years.......
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 8:43:55 AM EDT
[#30]

I wonder what they'll say the first time those "officers" Nazi's come through a door and half of them get blown away...

John Titor, and it begins...

Link Posted: 9/9/2004 8:51:31 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

I'll denounce 'em!  Any Chicago cop that would volunteer to work in this unit is a gun grabbing Communist unworthy of his oath!
All police departments of any size have their little suck-asses that will do ANYTHING to get ahead or enhance their "career."
I have no doubt that there are those who work on my departtment that would do the same.
Sad.
I'm a native of Illlinois;  I remember my father sitting at the kitchen table writing letters to Illinois senators and congressmen deeply critical of the Illinois Firearm Owners Identification Card.
I recall dad saying then, in 1968, that the FOID card was a prelude to confiscation;  obviously he was right.
Afcomers, please don't turn this into a cop bashing thread.  As a LEO and Illinois native, I'm as outraged over this as anyone could be.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 8:52:47 AM EDT
[#32]
Fortunately in Michigan your registration is a one time event and only necessary for handguns. It still sucks, but at least we don't have to worry about renewals!
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 9:14:55 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 9:40:00 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

don't start that crap.

Why not?

Depends on how many. But it may well. Some things are solved by violence contrary to popular liberal opinion.

Good luck with that.
I'll try also but I have lost a great deal of confidence in the system working for liberty during my lifetime.

As for the original question, I say shoot for the head. Think 3D and go for the brainstem.

Fuck 'em. We're the ones with the guns.  
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 9:40:55 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll denounce 'em!  Any Chicago cop that would volunteer to work in this unit is a gun grabbing Communist unworthy of his oath!
All police departments of any size have their little suck-asses that will do ANYTHING to get ahead or enhance their "career."
I have no doubt that there are those who work on my departtment that would do the same.
Sad.
I'm a native of Illlinois;  I remember my father sitting at the kitchen table writing letters to Illinois senators and congressmen deeply critical of the Illinois Firearm Owners Identification Card.
I recall dad saying then, in 1968, that the FOID card was a prelude to confiscation;  obviously he was right.
Afcomers, please don't turn this into a cop bashing thread.  As a LEO and Illinois native, I'm as outraged over this as anyone could be.

You, my friend, give us a bit of hope.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 9:44:35 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

This topic was beat to death the LAST time we had a thread on it, about a month ago. The site REALLY needs to have a way to access threads older than a month, and people need to check for frequently posted topics. This particular issue has been the subject of at least half a dozen threads in the last year.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 10:37:03 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This topic was beat to death the LAST time we had a thread on it, about a month ago. The site REALLY needs to have a way to access threads older than a month, and people need to check for frequently posted topics. This particular issue has been the subject of at least half a dozen threads in the last year.

It may be old, but it's also timeless.
This CAGE unit is a reminder of what CAN happen if gun owners aren't vigilant.
I'm sick to fuckin' death of these police chiefs around the country spoutin' off about the merits of the AWB, how it makes the streets safer, blah blah blah.  Every time one of these cretins gets face time, as a LEO I take it as a personal affront;  the general populace is being mislead into believing that the rank and file support whatever their chief's say.
Most police chiefs and top administrators spend very little time on the street before climbing the ladder to what they see as success.
I've known many a supervisor that got into LE, liked the "power" and "prestige" of the badge and image, but was incompetent or actually afraid of working the street.  A lot of these types come quickly to the realization that if they're gonna stay in this gig that they need to promote up and away from the danger zone.
These become the type of assholes that'll do brunch with a Dianne Fienstien type and sell their soul to look politically correct to whoever is above them in the pecking order.
They make me sick, I've seen the type for 25 years, and they ain't cops.
I don't blame the average ARFCOM member anymore who has a hard time believing the rank and file cops in this country ain't gun grabbing NAZIS;  when the media deluges the populace with quotes from top level police administers around the country, what are some folks who ain't on the inside supposed to believe?
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 10:59:31 AM EDT
[#38]
I guess there is always a job for tcsd in IL if he gets sick of NY.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 11:08:12 AM EDT
[#39]
This story, both times it was posted, convinced me of one thing.  When an officer asks me if I have a firearm my reply will be something akin to "Respectfully Officer, blow me or come back with a warrant."

Course if I think he's coming back with a warrant it's time to have a boating accident.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 11:10:10 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Chicago is already a shit-hole and now getting worse.

GunLvr

True that.  Oprah does live there after all...
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 12:07:06 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Hardly; was in Chicago once as a kid and that was enough for me. New York  State is a much better place to raise a family than the city of  Chicago will ever be, or the entire state for that matter.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 12:10:10 PM EDT
[#42]
Don't blame the LEO, they're just doing their job. As long as all the officers make it home safe, all's well.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 12:11:00 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Yes, it was.

Remember the Alamo and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 12:15:28 PM EDT
[#44]
what gun, I sold that years ago
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 12:24:44 PM EDT
[#45]
Folks from CA dredge up this 2 year old story every now and then to make Cali look not-that-bad.
This CAGE-confiscation crap never developed into anything. ISRA hasn't said a peep in a long time.

State level AWB attempts have been beaten a few times. We can still own AR's and .50 BMG's.

Armalite, RRA and DSA are in IL. What does Cali have ? Lorcin and Bryco.

CKMorley
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 12:26:56 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sad.

Who are you and what have you done with the real Ryann?

Just kidding.  
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 12:31:32 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hardly; was in Chicago once as a kid and that was enough for me. New York  State is a much better place to raise a family than the city of  Chicago will ever be, or the entire state for that matter.

Actually, the entire state of Illinois is a nice place (south of the Commonwealth of Chicago), but for too long the entire state has been run from Chicago.  Hell even their governor shows such disdain for the rest of the state that he flies back and forth between Springfield and Chicago so he doesn't have to live in the Governor's Mansion among the rest of the little people that aren't from Chicago!
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 12:34:00 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

I don't live in Chicago so I do not have to register my guns.  I have been told that in Chicgao the yearly registration is a terrible process.  I heard the city wants photos of your guns and makes you go through all kinds of things.

Everyone I know that lives in the city does not register their guns.

"Sieg Hiel mein Fuhrer". Register your firearms and play into Adolf Daly's plan for world domination! Let's all march goose step in lock step into the future.        
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 12:35:30 PM EDT
[#49]
Where is the NA on this? I thougt congres ruled collecting gun databases wa ruled unconstitutional as per the 4'th amedment.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 12:47:29 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sad.

Who are you and what have you done with the real Ryann?

Just kidding.  

Hey if the cops are right, or we're not getting all the facts I'll point that out too;  however, any cop that comes on here and says there ain't problems within LE is either lying or ain't really a cop.
Don't worry, I'm still the same ol' asshole you hate to love!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top