Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/9/2004 6:01:40 AM EDT
I have never had the pleasure of seeing them perform.  While watching the show this morning, they showed part of their performance.  It was amazing watching them twirl and toss those M1 Garands.  The way the one guy did inspection arms was absolutely fantastic.  Plus seeing all those Garands was enough to drool over by itself.

Sorry guys, that was just so marvelous, I was just wondering if anyone has ever seen the entire performance.

We had a silent drill on our high school ROTC drill team and it was pretty good, but we were nowhere near those guys.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:03:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:04:18 AM EDT
[#2]
That wasn't the Marines in "A few good men".
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:05:21 AM EDT
[#3]
seen them a few times now and every time its impressive.

Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:15:04 AM EDT
[#4]
They do their thing once a week in the summer at the Iwo Jima memorial in Arlington. I used to live w/in waking distance and would check 'em out a few times everu summer.

I don't think TV could really capture how impressive it is.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:18:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:31:47 AM EDT
[#6]
I have seen 8/I do a burial. While they were very impressive, the situation wasn't.

I have never seen their parade drills.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:32:34 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Whose drill team was it?  Bunch of actors?

When I first saw that film I immediately knew they weren't Marines from 8th & I, but I kind of suspected they might have been a high school JROTC team.  Some of those kids are good, amazingly good.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:57:07 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Whose drill team was it?  Bunch of actors?

When I first saw that film I immediately knew they weren't Marines from 8th & I, but I kind of suspected they might have been a high school JROTC team.  Some of those kids are good, amazingly good.

I'd have to pull my DVD out again, but I was thinking it was a college/university team.

Still, they were pretty impressive.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:59:59 AM EDT
[#9]
I've seen them a few times.  Their discpline and precision is impecable.  A friend of mine from Force was on the team in the late '80's.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:03:21 AM EDT
[#10]
I saw the Presidents' Own and the Silent Drill Team on Parris Island back in '86 or early '87.  I was  so impressed on how they could march onto the field at a different tempo then the music the band was playing.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:05:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Saw them at halftime during a Texans game. I'd seen them on TV before, but they were much more impressive in person.

Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:07:53 AM EDT
[#12]
University of North Carolina.

Had to put on the movie, the question was killin me.

The drill team was from the university.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:15:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Suprising topic to me.

I was on the Drill Team from 92-95.

No that wasnt us on a few Good Men.We heard it was some Drill team from a Texas University.The Drill Team is extremely busy between May and October with parades and prior engagements around the country.So I guess they didnt approach us.

By the way my last year there they made it a point or I should say Commandant Mundy made a point to change the name to Silent Drill Platoon and not Team.

We used to Drill for 18 hours a day when we trained for our new parade season in Yuma, AZ.Very tough detail.

If you guys have any questions Feel free to post or email me.And I will answer best I can.

Semper Fi
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:17:39 AM EDT
[#14]
I saw them along with the Marine Corps Band at the Iwo Jima Memorial a few years ago. It was very impressive.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top