Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2004 5:18:48 AM EDT
More like "Terribly Uninformed and Ignorant Fear Mongering" than "Reporting."
This'll make you mad.  But then it should make you laugh!
"What If the AWB Expires?" (Weeping, hand wringing, and gnashing of teeth!)

Edit to add "More" in subject.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:59:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Bratton is just a Boston liberal asshat with big time political aspirations.

Fuck him and the horse he rode in on.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 8:00:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Dear Sir,

As an American, I am utterly disgusted with the remarks Chief Bratton made while performing on the ABC News program "Nightline." I cannot bring myself to call his stint an "interview," given the sheer magnitude of half-truths and whole lies he offered up in his defense of the '94 Assault Weapon Ban.

Saying with a straight face (albeit with eyelids fluttering away like a hummingbird's wings) that the sunset of this law will lead to carnage and blood in the streets is not only folly and hyperbole, it is agenda-driven sensationalism.

Even more bizarre is his comment concerning about 50 police officers being killed by people using assault weapons recently. The chief alluded to the fact that the AWB was important to the families of the slain officers and implied that the law worked for them. What sane person with two brain cells to rub together could make such a claim? Those officers were killed, it was implied, by rifles covered by the ban. HOW DID THE AWB PROTECT THOSE OFFICERS? How on this green earth did the AWB benefit the families of the slain officers? Does the chief have an answer or just more lies?

As underhanded as those comments were, it pales in comparison with the following: While discussing the amount of guns in America and those who own them, the chief said that President George W. Bush took an oath of office to protect the country "against all...action, foreign and domestic." I could see the chief pause right before replacing the word "enemies" with "action." What was the chief implying? That American gun owners and the guns they own are "enemies of the state?" That the Federal Government should treat us as such? It is astounding that a law enforcement officer would even mutter such a thing in private conversation, let alone ON NATIONAL TELEVISION. What would the chief like to see? Detainment camps full of law-abiding American citizens? Private property siezed and destroyed under the guise of "public safety?" Is THIS the role Chief Bratton wishes law enforcement had in the United States? The shame!

It's been said that law-abiding Americans have nothing to fear from their law-enforcement servants. After Chief Bratton's performance tonight, I am convinced there is plenty to fear.

Sincerely,

Wobblin' Goblin

Former State Representative
51st District
State of Connecticut
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 8:01:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Right On W-G !!
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 8:05:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 8:13:07 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

An excellently composed letter.  Bravo!

Yep, right on
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 8:20:23 AM EDT
[#6]
I sent that e-mail to the LAPD last night after watching "Nightline."
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 8:22:32 AM EDT
[#7]
You da man, Bro.

Scott
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 8:32:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Good bitch slapping letter!

well composed!
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 8:41:34 AM EDT
[#9]

In fact, in 1997 two bank robbers in North Hollywood armed with assault weapons, some of which had been modified to be fully automatic, held off 350 cops for more than two hours. They fired more than 1,100 rounds from their 75-round drum magazines.

First, the ban was enacted in '94. Proves it was really effective in stopping crime doesn't it?
Second, modified to full auto, which IIRC is illegal anyway. So this case falls under that law making the AWB unnecessary.

I won't even comment on the utter horse crap from the Police chief.
Not even going to remind everyone that this guy is from LA where coincidentally the ban won't expire.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top