Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/9/2004 12:27:33 AM EDT
The Beasties are playing a sold out show at Red Rocks tomorrow night.  I have loved these guys for years, but don't care for their politics.  I know I am going to have to hear some sort of political rant from them at the show.  I hope they don't go too overboard and make the show unenjoyable.

Also, a couple of friends who were gonna go with me cancelled, so I have a couple extra tickets if anyone in CO is interested.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 12:33:31 AM EDT
[#1]
your actually going to support them
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 2:44:54 AM EDT
[#2]
To this day I still don't understand how anyone who appreciates music can call the crap that they put out "music" - no talent hacks, trying to act "black", and their lyrics and sound just plain suck IMHO.  And we won't even get into their politics.  Damnit, would you go to a "free" concert of theirs sponsored by the MMM or the Brady Campaign?
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 3:05:08 AM EDT
[#3]
I like their old stuff.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 3:07:43 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
To this day I still don't understand how anyone who appreciates music can call the crap that they put out "music" - no talent hacks, trying to act "black", and their lyrics and sound just plain suck IMHO.  And we won't even get into their politics.  Damnit, would you go to a "free" concert of theirs sponsored by the MMM or the Brady Campaign?

The Beasties are hardly acting black. I think you're confused because their music is considered rap.  They have always been, if nothing else, a parody of the current rap culture.  For chrissake one of them wore a VW emblem in the "Fight for your right" video, poking fun of the trend at the time of wearing a Mercedes emblem.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 3:13:19 AM EDT
[#5]
as a kid, i enjoyed their first album.  However, now that I have a moral understanding of their politics, I choose not to listen.  They have been put on my asshat list.

FMO
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 3:28:34 AM EDT
[#6]
They are anti-gun.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 3:29:12 AM EDT
[#7]
im kind of with FMO on this. they over. this latest album is more of the same old shit.  RETIRE!!!
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 3:50:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Oh the horror.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top