Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2004 3:42:37 PM EDT
We may not be able to grandfather our present ones in.  They we will have none! Scary!
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 3:43:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 3:44:06 PM EDT
[#2]

That would require door-to-door confiscations, which is something I doubt the .gov wants to consider.

Link Posted: 9/8/2004 3:44:27 PM EDT
[#3]
i don't have any anyway, freak cotton picker accident, spindles just shredded all my guns......................
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 3:44:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Only if we give up the fight.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 3:52:45 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
i don't have any anyway, freak cotton picker accident, spindles just shredded all my guns......................

Link Posted: 9/8/2004 3:53:49 PM EDT
[#6]
I lost all my guns in a fishing accident.
It was horrible.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 3:55:17 PM EDT
[#7]
It will be in Michigan:

State senator proposes Michigan extension of federal assault-weapons ban

LANSING, Mich. (AP) — State lawmakers said Tuesday they will introduce legislation to make sure assault-style weapons aren't sold, bought or manufactured in Michigan.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 4:00:00 PM EDT
[#8]
There won't be another ban if enough people would vote smart instead of just voting smart when they get pissed off. That goes for guns, taxes ,  schools defense, etc.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 4:02:02 PM EDT
[#9]
depends on if President Bush is elected and the Republicans keep a majority in the House
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 4:06:13 PM EDT
[#10]
We.

Don't.

Know.

Yet.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 4:34:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Shit==another boating accident !!!
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 4:48:57 PM EDT
[#12]
very scary!
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 4:59:09 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I lost all my guns in a fishing accident.
It was horrible.

Lotta fuckin' mysteries around here.

Better call Charlie Chan.
the possibility of ANTOHER AWB scares the hell out of me
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:05:03 PM EDT
[#14]
The next attempt at a ban will either be the one we currently have, or will be modelled after the California ban.  (1 evil feature & no sunset...may include AW Reg but I doubt that)

Remember, the '94 ban is the way it is because that is what they could get past the House, Senate and Prez.  If we control any one of those three with the right men we will not get another ban.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:09:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Yes, it will be worse, but it will include a grandfather clause.

They know better than to do door-to-door confiscations.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:18:47 PM EDT
[#16]
You bet
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:23:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Yes it will.  But fear not.... thats what THEY want.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:24:11 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Yes, the next ban's grandfather clause will be you turning in your grandfather for not handing over his Garrand.

Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:25:30 PM EDT
[#19]
I believe the antis will push for whatever they feel they have the votes to get.   If they feel they have the votes for something more strict, they will go for that.  If they think that'd be flatly rejected, they'd settle for something similar to the current, hoping to tighten up things in the future.   I'd expect that they won't include a sunset clause in either case, though.

Rocko
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:25:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Yep. Keep buying.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:28:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Join the NRA and GOA.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:32:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Anything's possible while the government believes the 2nd is a hunting thing, and that it only protects the states rights to have NG units.

However, consider how difficult the 1st was to pass.  Since then almost 1 million ARs alone have been sold.  If only half of those are to new owners, that represents a significant and firm voting force.

The government doesn't have enough money for a buyback, and it's illegal to confiscate without 'just compensation'.  Even the famous Cali SKS-D confiscation mandated a payout.  The most likely scenerio is removal from title 1 status, and the manufacture of a new category of Semi Automatic Assault Rifle into the NFA category.  Unfortunately, that would probably be considered constitutional by a court similar to the one we have now.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:33:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Should another unconsitutional edict be enacted, then yes, it would be worse.

At least for those 'domestic enemies of the Constitution' who are foolish enough to trample on the Bill of Rights.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:36:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Yes.

SG
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:55:47 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
However, consider how difficult the 1st was to pass.  Since then almost 1 million ARs alone have been sold.  If only half of those are to new owners, that represents a significant and firm voting force.

Not when guys here bought 7 new AR's apeice
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:59:02 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Not when guys here bought 7 new AR's apeice

Just 7?
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 6:12:44 PM EDT
[#27]
If the votes can be found in the future, a new ban will probably be much worse. I'm guessing that we'd have confiscations. In that case, there will be people who will willingly turn over their firearms to a government they fear.  There will be others who will hide them and deny ownership.  

Then there will be some who will stand up for their beliefs and refuse at all costs to surrender them.  Those are the people that the ATF is worried about.  They don't know where they are or how they will find them. They are sure of one thing, when they find them, people will die.  Either the gun owner, the agents sent to confiscate the guns, or everybody.  There are people in this country willing to stand against a government gone mad. They have a rabid hatred for the ATF and the government in general.

I believe there will be one other group.  That will be the gun owners who decide at the time the agents arrive, that they have been pushed far enough.  They will decide that they will not allow entry into their home. They will make a stand, surprising even themselves. They will stake everything they own and all they hold dear on an ideal.  They will refuse and resist.  Live or die, they will be an inspiration to all.

Link Posted: 9/8/2004 6:17:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 6:23:35 PM EDT
[#29]
There will not be another ban!!!!!!   We will NOT let that happen, not ever again!

How educated were we ten years ago?  And now?  Stay on top of this, don't ever give in for a moment, let every elected official you ever see know that you will not vote for the mif they favor gun control of any type.  

This is the ONLY way we can look at this guys!
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 6:26:29 PM EDT
[#30]

I believe there will be one other group. That will be the gun owners who decide at the time the agents arrive, that they have been pushed far enough. They will decide that they will not allow entry into their home. They will make a stand, surprising even themselves. They will stake everything they own and all they hold dear on an ideal. They will refuse and resist. Live or die, they will be an inspiration to all.

And a willing press will vilify such men.  Katie and Paula will interview their families and it will be so sad.  Calling into question the sanity of anyone who would own such weapons in the first place.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 6:28:37 PM EDT
[#31]
guns are ickey
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top