Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2004 2:28:30 PM EDT
Does anybody have a ZM AR15 type rifle?  Ive been looking at them for a while, and might get one since the ban is sunsetting.  

How do you like your ZM?  is it reliable?

Exactly where is the recoil spring?

Can anybody post pictures of the internals?  Especially of  the gas system, and recoil spring.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 2:31:07 PM EDT
[#1]
LR 300 SRF on a pre ban Bushy lower.  heavy as shit.  Solid performer though.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:58:47 PM EDT
[#2]
BTT  Anybody???
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 9:44:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 10:00:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Got one like it a lot!!!! When I first bought it the thing would only shoot Wolf ammo reliably. But after it broke in works like a champ, it's very accurate better than my other AR non-free floaters. I have the adjustable side folder that Troy was talking about. And yes it was expensive but imo well worth it.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 8:39:32 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
The recoil spring in around the gas tube, on top of the barrel.  That's the primary weakness; the spring is subjected to great heat during rapid-fire, which wears out the spring.-Troy

I asked Alan Zitta about that concern when I got mine, and he said that if I can wear it out he will send me another for free!  I have yet to wear it out....

The weapon is built very tough.  The receiver is even beefed up!  It is a bit heavier, but that is neglible weight (IMHO).

Not mine but there is one for sale in the  ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=21&t=226031

Here is mine:

I Love my ZM!!!  Many people are turned off by the price.  You only pay for quality once.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 8:50:32 AM EDT
[#6]
I love my ZM too.  It has very little recoil and very fast follow up.

Here's some internal shots for you.

Link Posted: 10/10/2004 3:17:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks!
Now is the gas system cleaner than a regular AR15s?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top