Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2004 2:07:25 PM EDT
That coffee thread got me thinking.

I've been drinking a shitload of green and black tea lately.

Anyone get their caffein fix this way instead of with coffee?

Link Posted: 9/8/2004 2:09:40 PM EDT
[#1]
tea is good not doubt
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 2:10:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Only ice tea at about 1/2+ gallons a day. Better the soda at any rate.
CH
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 2:12:51 PM EDT
[#3]
If you're drinking a lot of tea....you'll probably find out if you are susceptible to kidney stones wit' a quickness..
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 2:13:21 PM EDT
[#4]
I do hot tea in the cooler months and a shitload of iced tea now.  I love my iced tea maker - sooooo much cheaper than soda.

I switched to decaf because I was to the point of not sleeping worth a damn with the high-octane stuff.

Tea is NOT ghey!
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 2:14:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Since I quit coffee ... I've been having either green tea, or earl grey every morning.

After supper I usually have a glass of green tea moroccan style (with mint and a sugar).

Link Posted: 9/8/2004 2:16:47 PM EDT
[#6]
I stick with espresso (homemade) drinks in the early morning, but drink green tea at work in the mid-morning or early afternoon.  I drank two or three cups per night when I was working the night watch schedule a little while back.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 2:16:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Tea gives me gas. My wife won't let me drink it.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 2:23:53 PM EDT
[#8]
sweetened ice tea.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 2:25:52 PM EDT
[#9]
I've really become a fan of Snapple's Peach and Cherry teas.  Whenever I go to a chinese food place I'm drinking hot green tea like it's in style.

Other than that, for the most part I don't drink a lot of it unless it's at hand.  I've never actually made my own tea.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 2:26:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Black tea (darjeeling) in the morning, green tea in the afternoon, and herbal (peppermint or chamomile) in the evening.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 2:27:40 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
sweetened ice tea.

+1
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 2:28:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Grammy makes the best Tea EVER!!!

I bet she uses 5lbs of Sugar per pitcher!
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 2:29:15 PM EDT
[#13]
I pretty much dring Earl Grey all day.  Having some now in fact.

mmmm....gooooood.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 2:30:30 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
sweetened ice tea.

+1

+2

I love sweet tea, it's THE SHIT. My fiance is from Michigan and she didn't know what sweet tea was till she met me. Up north they don't serve sweet tea, just iced tea that is unsweetened. Silly yankee's, I can't say much I am going to marry one.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 2:33:41 PM EDT
[#15]
I've bought loose tea in bulk from a grocer distributor.  I prefer the chocolate tea for iced tea.  Cold and sweet - It's almost better than sex.  

For a cup of hot tea, I like lapsang suchong - it has a dark smoky flavor that is just right on a cold winter night.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 2:36:36 PM EDT
[#16]
have at least 1 big mug of green tea every day. Anti-oxidants or some such crap.

I've been drinking the Tazo Zen lately (you can get it at S-bucks) It's green tea w/ mint
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 2:37:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Tea makes me pee.

Bilster
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 3:07:54 PM EDT
[#18]
I love tea. Has to be hot!  I like it with a little sugar and sometimes with a half a spearmint leaf.  Thats good stuff, think I'll go brew a mug.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 3:10:40 PM EDT
[#19]
I have a cup of Earl Gray everyday around 3 in the afternoon.
I also drink a cup of Green after dinner.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 4:37:23 PM EDT
[#20]
I knew this Indian fella who used to drink about 4 gallons of tea a day. One night he got so drunk and passed out. They found him the next day dead in his tea pee.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:09:35 PM EDT
[#21]

One cup of hot Lipton Green Tea per day, no sugar, followed by at least 16 cups of coffee. The anti-oxident thing works. Used to get daily chest pains until I started drinking green tea about four years ago.

The coffee "motivates" me. I stop drinking it by noon or it keeps me up at night. Severe headaches if I go with it. Yeah, I'm addicted.

Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:15:11 PM EDT
[#22]
I drink a half gallon of decaf iced tea a day. Just enough Splenda in it to knock the bitter taste off. I don't like it real sweet.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:17:29 PM EDT
[#23]
I go through about a pitcher and a half a day from my iced tea maker.  Much cheaper than soda and no sugar.

My wife is from Rhode Island.  I hate going up there to visit her relatives because iced tea goes "out of season" up there.  No farking iced tea at restaurants.  If you find a restaurant that actually claims to have iced tea, it is usally that Lipton fountain tea that tastes like plastic.  I hate visiting that part of the world.

Kirk
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:19:07 PM EDT
[#24]
I tend to think of coffee as my body-wakeup and tea as my brain-wakeup. Other than that, I am a caffeine whore. Coffee... tea... khat.... cocoa - don't care.  And, unless whatever I'm drinking is some serious swill, I take it unpolluted. If I wanted a cup of sugary milk, I wouldn't have asked for tea/coffee.

Don't care much for the old Lipton standbys but really don't care for the Celestial Seasonings froo-froo crap. Mostly genmai-cha, kuki-cha, lapsang souchong or, when I can get it, Puerh. Not the smooth "imperial" puerh, either. Give me down and dirty "peasant puerh". Taste that dirt!
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:20:28 PM EDT
[#25]
no, i am a man.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:55:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Spent some time in Hong Kong, developed a taste for Jasmine tea, it simply rocks.

Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:56:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Tea? Oh yeah! by the gallon!
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 6:04:57 PM EDT
[#28]
I've been drinking tea every morning for about the last 15 years. I started in Germany where my Czech brother-in-law got me hooked. I prefer fruit flavored black teas and often mix assorted tea bags to get different flavors. I have my own coffee pot that I use to brew my tea and simply let the bags hang in the glass as the hot water perks. Me and my wife visit a Russian store that sells european products and I always pick up a few boxes of different teas. I really like the Russian fruit teas.

Here's some of my current assortment, I have a whole shelf in the cupboard with just teas!

A couple of Russian teas.

Link Posted: 9/8/2004 6:12:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Hell yes it's good. I drink probably a quart of Lipton brisk tea every day. I like my tea served warm, but with a lot of ice and fairly sweet. I usually make mine by boiling a kettle of water and pouring it into a pitcher with the waiting tea bags. Then I let it sit for a couple of hours so it can cool down to a respectable warm/hot temperature suitable for consumption.  I'll have none of that sun tea crap.

PURIFIED water is a must. I cannot stress this enough. Buying your water for tea is worth it if you don't have a good purification system at home.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 6:12:18 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
no, i am a man.

they guys who overthrew their government to form this country drank tea

Link Posted: 9/8/2004 6:22:08 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
I've been drinking tea every morning for about the last 15 years. I started in Germany where my Czech brother-in-law got me hooked. I prefer fruit flavored black teas and often mix assorted tea bags to get different flavors. I have my own coffee pot that I use to brew my tea and simply let the bags hang in the glass as the hot water perks. Me and my wife visit a Russian store that sells european products and I always pick up a few boxes of different teas. I really like the Russian fruit teas.

Here's some of my current assortment, I have a whole shelf in the cupboard with just teas!

www.gunsnet.net/album/data//500/6201Tea_Assort-med.jpg

A couple of Russian teas.

www.gunsnet.net/album/data//500/6201Rus_Tea.jpg

www.gunsnet.net/album/data//500/6201Russ_Tea_1.jpg

I'll have to get some russian tea to try.

Here's what I've been drinking a lot of:

and some Japanese Bancha tea that I can't find a picture of.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 6:56:06 PM EDT
[#32]
19 years of drinking 2-4 glasses of iced tea per day..and no kidney stones! Shessh!
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 7:00:59 PM EDT
[#33]
sure do
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 7:40:41 PM EDT
[#34]
I managed to go my whole life without ever going to a Starbucks until 2 weeks ago.  A girl convinced me to go, and now I am addicted to thier black tea lemonaid.  It's damn good stuff.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 7:44:13 PM EDT
[#35]
Southern Style Iced Tea is one of the few good memories I have of my time as a member of the Occupying forces of our southern neighbors

Now If I could just get rid of this horrible accent that seem to have picked up I would be fine LOL.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 7:53:51 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
I knew this Indian fella who used to drink about 4 gallons of tea a day. One night he got so drunk and passed out. They found him the next day dead in his tea pee.

Link Posted: 9/8/2004 7:53:59 PM EDT
[#37]
I never liked tea until last year when I was in the Middle East in Qatar I worked with the Qatari Military and they drank a boat load of milky tea with cloves and cardamon tastes great.  I also drink blueberry and green tea not bad either.  Also drank some Arabic tea and coffee weird tasteing stuff.  

Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:01:46 PM EDT
[#38]
TEA BUILT THE BRITISH EMPIRE

Tea is ultra-manly, but only if consumed hot with milk. Sugar is optional. Cream in tea is gay. Cold/iced tea is gay. Black tea is gay. Honey in tea is gay. Flavored/herbal tea is gay. Most of all, decaf tea is Greenwich-Village-gay.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:16:15 PM EDT
[#39]
make it green tea and i am in !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

meat
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:16:38 PM EDT
[#40]
I rather like a good tea.

None of that hippie herbal shit tho.

- BG
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:18:09 PM EDT
[#41]
With ice and lots of sugar.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:19:44 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
sweetened ice tea.

... must be a southun' thang
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 8:24:56 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:
sweetened ice tea.

... must be a southun' thang

I guess so. I'm originally from Florida and my whole family there drinks tea on a day by day basis. That's how I was originally exposed to it as a kid. I don't like any of that herbal stuff or any other stuff besides good old sweetened and iced Lipton or Tetley (they make great tea too) brisk tea.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top