Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/8/2004 1:45:31 PM EDT
Cholesterol is at 143.

Wife is TOTALLY confused since I eat stuff like eggs, bacon, sausage and so forth all the time with somewhat few veggies.

Sure is nice to come from solid gene stock!

WooT!

Sgatr15
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 1:46:31 PM EDT
[#1]
cholesterol is one of those things

if you don't have to worry about it, you don't have to worry about it.

But if you do.....

it's all in the genes

and i ain't talking levis.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 1:48:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Sarge will you consider becoming blood brothers with me, so that I can lower mine a little?
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 1:52:30 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Sarge will you consider becoming blood brothers with me, so that I can lower mine a little?

Sounds like a trap....................................................................

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 1:53:23 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sounds like a trap....................................................................

Sgtar15

That is no way to treat your BLOOD brother!
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 1:55:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Sorry..

How's this?

SGatr15
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 2:46:39 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm the same, I was on Atkins for about a year. Cheese, bacon by the pound, steak and butter.  My parents were freaking out so I went and got a physical.  Cholesterol: 124 with virtually none of the "bad" cholesterol LDL or whatever it was.

Sweet.

I feel bad for guys who have to watch it all the time.  I must be a constant battle.  
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 2:48:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 2:49:47 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Are you Norwegian?
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 2:55:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Good genes and exercising!
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 2:56:11 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Are you Norwegian?

Basically.

Why?

SGatr15
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 2:57:26 PM EDT
[#11]
My dad had low to normal cholesterol at each one of his once-every-other-year tests.

He died from complications in a bypass operation at age 45.

Do you smoke?

Link Posted: 9/8/2004 2:57:58 PM EDT
[#12]

I eat stuff like eggs, bacon, sausage and so forth all the time with somewhat few veggies.

Same here, but my total was less than 80 the last time I had it checked.  I hear that's bad or something.z
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 3:00:08 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Are you Norwegian?

Basically.

Why?

SGatr15

I know a man who has never been sick a day in his life (he's in his 50s).  He credits it to his stout Norwegian gene stock.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 3:18:27 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Cholesterol is at 143.

Wife is TOTALLY confused since I eat stuff like eggs, bacon, sausage and so forth all the time with somewhat few veggies.

WooT!

Sgatr15

What you eat does not significanlty alter your cholesterol.  Food goes into cholymicrons and composes <3% of the total serum cholesterol

fyi
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 4:57:02 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Cholesterol is at 143.

WooT!

Sgatr15

What you eat does not significanlty alter your cholesterol.  Food goes into cholymicrons and composes <3% of the total serum cholesterol

fyi

It does if you carry one or heaven-forbid two alleles for FH ...
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:20:21 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Yeah, but you might develop a sudden urge to play with dolls action figures...
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 6:39:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Good for you man!
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 6:54:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Last year's cholesterol number was 145. This year's was 172. My reaction: HOLY SHIT! What kind of increase is that?

Getting old sucks. Pretty soon, I'll have to limit meals that actually taste good to 1 per week.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top