Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/8/2004 9:32:59 AM EDT
I am in Houston (actually in Kentucky until tomorrow-and getting wet from the remnants of Hurricane Frances) and it looks like Herr Ivan is heading straight for us.

Anyolne got any info on the ultimate destination of Ivan?
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 9:55:17 AM EDT
[#1]
I am guessing Tallahassee.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 9:57:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Texas.  
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 9:58:44 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm guessing LA or MS.

I certainly wouldn't want to be living in New Orleans next week if it continues on projected path.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 9:59:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Weather patterns are going to draw it in over central florida.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 9:59:48 AM EDT
[#6]
It's going to hit us in Pensacola. We are due for one. It has been 9 years.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 10:01:55 AM EDT
[#7]
these things are about 200 miles wide.
they hit everywhere
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 10:03:07 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Ding!  Ding! Ding!  We have a winner.  You can have it.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 10:03:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 10:09:04 AM EDT
[#10]
that map changes constantly. Its aimed right at my parents, but I have faith it will "move on down the road" and hit Houston/Galveston, they're oh, what? about 100 years past due?!!
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 10:10:47 AM EDT
[#11]
We are not 100 years past due.  Remember, we had hurricane Alicia in 1982.

If this hits Florida, its becasue of the democraps
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 10:12:46 AM EDT
[#12]
My money is on Louisiana/Mississippi at this time. It may take a turn to the N and strike farther to the east, but until it starts to take that jog or I see strong evidence that it will, I will stand by my current prediction.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 10:14:59 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

You need to check your facts again.  It's Bush's fault.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 10:18:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 10:33:35 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 12:24:38 PM EDT
[#16]
This morning BayNews 9 (Tampa Bay area station) showed the track curving North with a direct impact on Tampa.

As was previously noted, it's way too early to tell where the storm will go.  It seems that the viewer numbers go up when a storm is coming.  It annoys me to think that the news / weather reporters play up the possibility of a direct hit to get more viewers.

I haven't seen this hype on any of the local stations before today.  I used to see it all the time when I lived in Corpus Christi.  Those bastards would panick as soon as a tropical wave moved West of Africa.

Having said all that it does seem that Tampa Bay may well be in the strike zone, just too early to tell.

Link Posted: 9/8/2004 12:28:00 PM EDT
[#17]

Destin, Florida... they're goin' down this time...

Link Posted: 9/8/2004 12:29:38 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

You can't forget TS Alison from a few years ago.  2001?

And Alicia was in 1983.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 12:31:04 PM EDT
[#19]
I have a feeling Houston has just about dodged all the hurricanes were going to.  Me thinks Ivans gonna pay a visit.

Suckie
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 12:34:42 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Erin and Opal. Who could forget? At least our Gulf water gets shallow leading up to the barrier Islands. I just hope it isn't a Frederic. That thing plowed right through Lower Alabama completely destroying everything in its wake. Very few structures remained in Gulf Shores, AL after that one.

Where you at in P'cola? I'm inside the city limits on high ground, top of the hill actually, water runs either way down the street. Are you a range member locally?
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 12:50:18 PM EDT
[#21]
It's gonna run right over Osceola County again.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 12:54:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Regardless of where it hits the US, Cuba = pwned. Suck it down, Fidel!
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 12:58:12 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

PLEASE GOD NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!  Two storms in the last 3 weeks is enough!
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 12:58:25 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

shhhhhs  hush dont say that  !
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 1:00:00 PM EDT
[#25]
these storms are a sign from god.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 1:04:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Hey..what do you mean going down this time? Dude..Opal knock the dog piss out of us in '95.

I can only wager this storm will hit anywhere east of New Orleans. The double egg high pressure system is actually funneling these storms through Florida and the east coast. I am too tired to get overly excited again... 4 storms on 1 state, incredible.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 1:06:37 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Erin and Opal. Who could forget? At least our Gulf water gets shallow leading up to the barrier Islands. I just hope it isn't a Frederic. That thing plowed right through Lower Alabama completely destroying everything in its wake. Very few structures remained in Gulf Shores, AL after that one.

Where you at in P'cola? I'm inside the city limits on high ground, top of the hill actually, water runs either way down the street. Are you a range member locally?

I'm in FWB...yep, Opal & Erin tore us up pretty good. Those 2 storms were 6 weeks apart and landed in the same place too, people forget that part. Sort of like Charley and Francis if they hit the same place.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 1:15:26 PM EDT
[#28]
I think its definately going to end up in the Gulf. From there its a crap shoot, but I do not think it will hit any further west than New Orleans.  Wherever it goes my guess is that it will weaken slightly in the next couple of days to around 120 mph winds, then when it hits the warm Gulf waters it will be a very strong Cat 4 or 5 when it hits. I always kinda thought Frances would weaken, it spent so much time out in the Atlantic spinning at 150 mph it was going to make landfall during the end of its cycle. I think Ivan might be peaking by the time it makes landfall.......One thing is for certain, Jamaica is a goner.......
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 1:27:38 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
I think its definately going to end up in the Gulf. From there its a crap shoot, but I do not think it will hit any further west than New Orleans.  Wherever it goes my guess is that it will weaken slightly in the next couple of days to around 120 mph winds, then when it hits the warm Gulf waters it will be a very strong Cat 4 or 5 when it hits. I always kinda thought Frances would weaken, it spent so much time out in the Atlantic spinning at 150 mph it was going to make landfall during the end of its cycle. I think Ivan might be peaking by the time it makes landfall.......One thing is for certain, Jamaica is a goner.......

Thats a no-doubter it coming to the Gulf, the high pressure system over the Atlantic is'nt going anywhere and it's responsible for the steering of the last 3 storms. Now this one.

Intensity will be hard to judge since there is a big possibility of wind shear once it hits the Gulf..I almost want to forewarn Tampa if the storm is a weak Cat. 2, if it's anything stronger it might create a will of it's own and just follow the Earth's re-curve northward from New Orleans eastward.

We are officially 5 days out from the Gulf..when it gets within 3 days of landfall, this is where the experts will put a good tag on it. No matter...I am once again prepared and tirefully ready. This is getting exhausting.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 1:33:10 PM EDT
[#30]
I think it will strike somewhere around the center of this photo.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top