Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/8/2004 9:00:01 AM EDT
Probably beat to death a long time ago, but I missed it.

I'm just curious.  I am assuming that is was a post ban, because I have never heard feinswine talk about it.  And you would think that it would be here shinning beacon subject.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 9:03:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Postban...
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 9:05:55 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Postban...

+1
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 9:08:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks.  I thought so.

Now I can throw that in a co-workers face.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 9:10:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 9:10:33 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
And you would think that it would be here shinning beacon subject.

Duuuhhhh, the shooters were "black" and Feinswine and crew are Democrats!

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and state "COLOR" is probably why the Dems haven't made more of it and won't ever, lessen they alienate their constituency.

Mike
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 9:12:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 9:20:02 AM EDT
[#7]
The fact that it was a stolen postban rifle points out how cynical the anti-gunners are.  Technically, the rifle Muhammad used was NOT an "assault weapon" (according to Congress' definition under the AWB), so if the gov't is keeping stats on crimes commited by "assault weapons", all these shootings (9? 10?) would not be on the list.  

This is part of their strategy to convince voters that the AWB is actually reducing crime dramatically.  All semi-auto rifles manufactured and purchased legally after 1994 are NOT "assault weapons".  Some of these weapons will eventually be used in crimes, but won't count on the stat sheets, despite the fact that they are essentially the same weapons as the "banned" versions.

This is how the antis are able to claim that "assault weapons" crimes have been reduced during the AWB.  Just change the name on all of the same kind of weapons that were made for the last 10 years!

That's probably how we end up with little tidbits like this, unless it's a outright lie:

"Wednesday, May 14, 2003
As sales soar, Bushmaster shrugs at bid to renew gun ban
By MATT WICKENHEISER, Portland Press Herald Writer

According to a statement from Feinstein's office, assault weapons accounted for 8.2 percent of all guns used in crimes in 1993. In 1996, the latest date for which statistics are available, the number dropped to 3.2 percent."

Of course, when it comes time to tabulate deaths caused by "assault weapons", they can lump in all crimes committed by all semi-auto rifles as a whole, including the legal non-"assault wepons".  Slice and dice as needed to get the numbers they want.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 9:23:05 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
biggest point........it was

"Stole"-an........

As in grand larceny.

AND - the shooter was a Muslim.  Not a white male like the media said it would be.

CMOS
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 9:23:36 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
And you would think that it would be here shinning beacon subject.

Duuuhhhh, the shooters were "black" and Feinswine and crew are Democrats!

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and state "COLOR" is probably why the Dems haven't made more of it and won't ever, lessen they alienate their constituency.

Mike

"Is you is 'o is you aint my constitchency?"

(...wanted to use that one from 'O Brother for a long time)
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 9:25:20 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Thanks.  I thought so.

Now I can throw that in a co-workers face.

And I like to point out that it was DESIGNED by Senator Feinstein and the US Congress.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 9:52:48 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
The fact that it was a stolen postban rifle points out how cynical the anti-gunners are.  Technically, the rifle Muhammad used was NOT an "assault weapon" (according to Congress' definition under the AWB), so if the gov't is keeping stats on crimes commited by "assault weapons", all these shootings (9? 10?) would not be on the list.  

This is part of their strategy to convince voters that the AWB is actually reducing crime dramatically.  All semi-auto rifles manufactured and purchased legally after 1994 are NOT "assault weapons".  Some of these weapons will eventually be used in crimes, but won't count on the stat sheets, despite the fact that they are essentially the same weapons as the "banned" versions.

This is how the antis are able to claim that "assault weapons" crimes have been reduced during the AWB.  Just change the name on all of the same kind of weapons that were made for the last 10 years!

That's probably how we end up with little tidbits like this, unless it's a outright lie:

"Wednesday, May 14, 2003

According to a statement from Feinstein's office, assault weapons accounted for 8.2 percent of all guns used in crimes in 1993. In 1996, the latest date for which statistics are available, the number dropped to 3.2 percent."

Of course, when it comes time to tabulate deaths caused by "assault weapons", they can lump in all crimes committed by all semi-auto rifles as a whole, including the legal non-"assault wepons".  Slice and dice as needed to get the numbers they want.

Of course this could be argued the other way to mean that the ban did nothing and needs to be more restrictive...
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 10:09:07 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

"Wednesday, May 14, 2003

Of course this could be argued the other way to mean that the ban did nothing and needs to be more restrictive...

Thats what I get out of it.  I think all you guys are wackos.  I hate guns, but this large safe full of them keeps following me around where ever I move.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 10:17:08 AM EDT
[#13]
[liberaldemocraticgunbanners]
STOP STOP STOP MAKING SENSE!!
<plugging fingers in ears>
NAANANAANANAAANANAAANANAAAAA I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!!!!
[/liberaldemocraticgunbanners]

Quoted:

"Wednesday, May 14, 2003

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top