Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/8/2004 4:17:34 AM EDT
confiscated bumper sticker

so is it a violation of free speech, or is it a weak death threat?

If this is a dupe.. lock it up, I searched and didn't find anything.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 4:20:31 AM EDT
[#1]
I think it might be construed as threatening.  Not by me, but by the SS.  Everything is a threat to them.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 4:22:15 AM EDT
[#2]
So, a liberal gets a taste of the thought police.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 4:22:31 AM EDT
[#3]
That guy looks like a real winner.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 4:29:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 4:31:07 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
That guy looks like a real winner.

+1  

That's when Kjar began to cry. "I didn't know what the hell was going on," he said. "It made me so nervous."....

..."I kind of feel trapped, like I'm not allowed to express my opinions. I felt like my freedom of speech was shot to hell right there."

Link Posted: 9/8/2004 4:32:04 AM EDT
[#6]
What a candy ass!
He cried when they said they wanted to meet?!
Grow a spine!
Jeez!

Feels like his freedom of speech has been taken away from him?!
Give me a break!
As if the Secret Service, FBI, CIA, etc. are NOT going to question people advocating the death of the president? Right, and I might win the lotttery!

When will these idiots learn?
Just because you are allowed to say anything you want, does not mean there are no consequences for saying it!
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 4:32:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Is that the offensive sticker in his hand?
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 4:33:44 AM EDT
[#8]
What would he do if it was the other way around, on another car?
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 4:34:26 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
So, a liberal gets a taste of the thought police.

One can only imagine what the quiff-haired doofus would say if one of his neighbors had been caught with a bumper sticker with John Kerry on it, saying, "Off with King John's head...." or a pic of Bill Clinton with an axe over his head......

"That ain't right- them right wing whackos...."

All animals are equal, some animals are more equal than others.
- --GEORGE ORWELL, Animal Farm
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 4:36:21 AM EDT
[#10]
It is an absolute violation of that pathetic little girlie-boy's freedom of speech to have confiscated that sticker and intimidated him in such a Big Brother-like manner.  While I don't agree with the sentiment on the bumper sticker, I myself am not above placing a like worded bumper sticker about Hilary Clinton or Diane Feinstein on my vehicle.  What's good for the goose is good for the gander.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 4:36:29 AM EDT
[#11]

I think this poser is lying through his inverted mullet. How, pray tell, does one "hand over" a bumper sticker that is attached to the car? Whole story sounds really made up to me. I do like the part about the poser crying. Classic.

This dolt has watched "SLC Punk!" either one time too many or one time too few.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 4:46:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 4:58:58 AM EDT
[#13]
That boy has held a dick in his mouth... I'd say that is a safe bet.

[Seinfeld]Not that there's anything wrong with that.[/Seinfeld]
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:01:17 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
That boy has held a dick in his mouth... I'd say that is a safe bet.

[Seinfeld]Not that there's anything wrong with that.[/Seinfeld]

I wouldn't doubt it one bit.  Nothing worse than a Democratic Peter Puffer.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:04:36 AM EDT
[#15]
"Potentially threatening" bumper sticker:  "KING GEORGE - OFF WITH HIS HEAD"

John Kerry at a political rally earlier this week:  "I thank you for the gift [of this shotgun], but I can't take it to the debate with me"

Double standard?  You decide.  I just keep imagining the reaction if it had been President Bush who made that quip.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:05:20 AM EDT
[#16]
"While direct advocacy of immediate violence can possibly be a crime, context is everything," Eyer  [the local ACLU person]said. "Only someone who has never read the Declaration of Independence and never heard of King Louis XVI could have mistaken revolutionary war rhetoric for a criminal threat."

Anyone care to guess for how many folks (not members of this board)  that is true?  I'll bet it's a lot.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top