Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2004 1:20:16 AM EDT
I crushed my fingers in a garage door this weekend, the worst of them has blood under the nail and hurts some if I push down on it, is there anything I should do?
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 1:21:48 AM EDT
[#1]
as long as there is no infection or broken bones, i would leave it alone, maybe ice if any swelling
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 1:22:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Sick it in her pooper and post a picture.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 1:22:38 AM EDT
[#3]
How the hell diud the agarage door hit you in the ass????

SGatr15
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 1:23:10 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Who is her and where do I find a camera.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 1:24:37 AM EDT
[#5]
hammer hits nail, hammer hits nail, hammer hits nail
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 1:25:10 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You figure it out.  I just supply the smart assed comments.

Or stick it in yours and do not tell us.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 1:25:50 AM EDT
[#7]
stinky finger
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 1:28:05 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not planning on that.

No one has told me to cut off my finger yet, I'll go put up the sawzall
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 1:30:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Heat a pin untill it glows red. GENTLY touch it to the nail , over the purple spot. It will pass through the nail with ease and wont hurt at all. Do this at increments untill you see blood and feel the inastant relief. It's a lot better than a drill bit.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 1:30:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Cut off your finger
HAppy now?
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 1:30:56 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not planning on that.

No one has told me to cut off my finger yet, I'll go put up the sawzall

If you go with the sawzall you better post a pic or we take away your AR's for ever and ever and ever.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 1:31:32 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Heat a pin untill it glows red. GENTLY touch it to the nail , over the purple spot. It will pass through the nail with ease and wont hurt at all. Do this at increments untill you see blood and feel the inastant relief. It's a lot better than a drill bit.

I was wondering about this.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 1:41:55 AM EDT
[#13]
I've done it a few times . One time I mashed my thumb so bad it throbbed for 24 hrs , when I couldnt take it any longer I went to the ER .  After waiting 4 hrs the Dr shows up , takes a look and says
No Problem ....... He took a tiny drill bit and twisted it in his fingers to make a hole through the nail . It was instant relief .

After I watched it done , I save the $250 and do it myself  . A 1/16ths hex shank bit works great

Just be warned that if it is throbbing there is allot of pressure under there and blood will shoot
a few feet

Or you can leave it alone and live with it .

ETA

I've heard that a hot pin or paper clip works too as has been suggested , but the drill bit has worked well for me , so I havent tried it .
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 1:44:00 AM EDT
[#14]
If the nail was going to come off it would have already done so its been about 2 days, correct
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 1:45:16 AM EDT
[#15]
Hot dental pick...

A new dental pick is the best tool.  Get the most anal cleaning job on your guns, among other things.

Works great for lancing infections of some kind... should work well for going through the nail if its hot.

If you don't have picks, revert to drill bit/needle.

YMMV

- BG
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 3:46:51 AM EDT
[#16]
Make a hole.

Got a drill press?

Link Posted: 9/8/2004 3:49:41 AM EDT
[#17]
A damaged nail can take weeks to come off. Trust me, I know. Use a pin vise, and drill through like tho other guys said. It will help a lot.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 3:50:45 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
If the nail was going to come off it would have already done so its been about 2 days, correct

It's been a while but I seem to remember it can take a week or so for the nail to fall off.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 3:53:25 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
stinky finger

You have got to watch this.....  

Stinky Finger
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 4:17:52 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Ouch!!
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 4:24:39 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ouch!!

actually it doesn't hurt, it relieves the pressure of the blood underneath..
+1 for sticking it with a pin.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 6:23:56 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ouch!!

No ouch to it at all. The hot pin is immediately quenched by the blood and doesn't burn you. If the pin is red hot there is nearly 0 resistance made by the fingernail so don't even feel any pressure on your sore digit.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 6:28:25 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I crushed my fingers in a garage door this weekend, the worst of them has blood under the nail and hurts some if I push down on it, is there anything I should do?

Um, don't push down on it?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top