Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/7/2004 8:45:35 PM EDT
So who here has seen this great film, I just got it on DVD and I love it. Gotta love vigilante justice.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:47:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I got it, it was ok had some bad points though.  I didnt like it when a Chevy Lumina destroys a GTO.  I would have perfered 5-10 min GTO VS Raodrunner carchase.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:47:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I picked it up today aswell.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:49:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Decent movie.

Kill Bill and Man on Fire were better.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:49:20 PM EDT
[#4]
It's okay.  They didn't really seem to try.  I don't like it much more than the Dolf Lundgren version.

(But I was a huge fan of The Punisher comics when I was younger)
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:49:50 PM EDT
[#5]
I loved it. and I hate the kill bill series.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:50:57 PM EDT
[#6]
I laughed so hard when I saw it the first time. The way he fucks with John Travolta is great.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:56:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Man on Fire is better and far more realistic.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:57:26 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Planning on geting it when it comes out.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 9:45:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Good movei I got to get it on DVD
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 9:47:33 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I got it, it was ok had some bad points though.  I didnt like it when a Chevy Lumina destroys a GTO.  I would have perfered 5-10 min GTO VS Raodrunner carchase.

Look man, don't knock the Chevy Lumina, I drove a 1995 for 3 years...
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 12:39:40 PM EDT
[#11]
the blow torch torture scene was awesome
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 12:42:14 PM EDT
[#12]
I was so glad it wasn't the Dolph Lundgren sham, it could have been 90 mins of an old lady eating a loose meat sandwich and I would like it.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 12:44:08 PM EDT
[#13]
WORST MOVIE EVER!!!  I'm ashamed i saw it.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 12:46:40 PM EDT
[#14]
SPOILER BELOW
How does Castle get shot point blank in the chest and live without receiving medical attention????
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 12:52:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Somehow, no matter what anyone says in this thread, I know it's gonna end up in my DVD collection.  Therefore I won't be reading the entries.

Woody
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 12:54:42 PM EDT
[#16]
A huge disapointment!  I loved the comic, the movie was a pale shadow.  The Punisher properly done should have been much darker.

The blow-torch scene sucked.  The true Punisher would have really tortured him.  And the scene where his wife was runover by the truck, a person would be HAMBURGER after something like that.  A more realistically gruesome depiction of that would have had more impact as far as understanding the character.  For example, the first and second "Death Wish".

Thumbs down, not dark enough.  "Man on Fire" was closer to the spirit of the true Punisher.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 12:57:06 PM EDT
[#17]
The movie was disappointing to me.  It couldn't decide if it was some kind of comedy or serious (in the comic book sense).  He is really pissed, but decides to rub a popsicle on a guy's back to scare him into giving up the goods instead of actually hurting him?  If some guy murdered your entire family, and you were the type to go after that person with killing in mind, would you dick around with parking tickets and hurting the guy's business?  

Cheers  
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 12:58:24 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Just so we are all on the same page here,

The punisher was a comic book right?

just checking.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 1:02:19 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
The movie was disappointing to me.  It couldn't decide if it was some kind of comedy or serious (in the comic book sense).  He is really pissed, but decides to rub a popsicle on a guy's back to scare him into giving up the goods instead of actually hurting him?  If some guy murdered your entire family, and you were the type to go after that person with killing in mind, would you dick around with parking tickets and hurting the guy's business?  

Cheers  

I thought it was a funny addition.

I mean thats the whole thing with Castle, he is cold-blooded, but he isn't crazy.

I thought the popsicle thing was funny enough. and hey it worked didn't it.

It's not vengeance. it punishment.

not just death but humiliation first.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 1:03:10 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Planning on geting it when it comes out.

+1

That movie was awesome....
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 1:19:45 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

The blow-torch scene sucked.  The true Punisher would have really tortured him.  And the scene where his wife was runover by the truck, a person would be HAMBURGER after something like that.  A more realistically gruesome depiction of that would have had more impact as far as understanding the character.  For example, the first and second "Death Wish".

You missed the whole point, he didn't want to kill or maim the guy, he wanted to subvert him to help the Punisher.  How is the guy going to help him out if he blow torches him?
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 2:46:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Well, I liked it. Not just because I got it as my avatar either. I didn't really like Man on Fire that much, but I thought Denzel Washington did a great job.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 2:51:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Man on Fire would have been alright if it wasn't filmed by a crack whore strung out hardcore shooting speed on top of everything else.  The camera was only still for like 10 frames in the whole movie, it was RIDICULOUSLY ANNOYING!!!!

I liked the Punisher, although it needed more action, he needed to assault another building before the end shootout or something similar.  And he didn't really come off as that cold blooded to me, he needed to execute another major player somewhere.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 5:25:06 AM EDT
[#24]
Picked it up on tuesday...great flick.  Thomas Jane does a great job.

Oh, and Rebbeca Romijn is great to look at....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top