Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2004 6:54:34 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 6:58:20 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20040905/capt.fljb10309051647.hurricane_frances__fljb103.jpg
Police officer Fred Pate stops traffic as he enforces a curfew in Fort Pierce, Fla. Sunday, Sept. 5, 2004 . Hurricane Francs hit Fort Pierce Saturday night. (AP Photo/John Bazemore)

Can someone explain to me the effectiveness of curfews after a hurricane?  I'm sure their trying to curb "looting" but it would seem counter productive for the people who are trying to get shit done and pick up their lives agian.  
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 7:03:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Pic 15: That's an AR-18!!

Link Posted: 9/7/2004 7:05:18 PM EDT
[#3]
good stuff lumster! thanks!
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 7:06:36 PM EDT
[#4]

The answer to the question of how to take one of the most ruggedly effective rifles in the world, and change it into a worthless short range weapon.

It's good for our troops that most of these guys don't know what they are doing.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 7:06:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Woohoo!

Thanks Lump!

(Hear from Hawkeye? )
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 7:14:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 7:17:47 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20040905/capt.fljb10309051647.hurricane_frances__fljb103.jpg
Police officer Fred Pate stops traffic as he enforces a curfew in Fort Pierce, Fla. Sunday, Sept. 5, 2004 . Hurricane Francs hit Fort Pierce Saturday night. (AP Photo/John Bazemore)

Can someone explain to me the effectiveness of curfews after a hurricane?  I'm sure their trying to curb "looting" but it would seem counter productive for the people who are trying to get shit done and pick up their lives agian.  

It goes back to that old "if you're out past x o'clock you must be up to no good" idea.  I really don't have a problem with it.

ETA:
I have a bigger problem with him running the streets with that rifle to enforce said curfew.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 7:23:14 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
cache.gettyimages.com/comp/51266035.jpg?x=x&dasite=MS_GINS&ef=2&ev=1&dareq=771BD3E8B814D5CDA8257B5DB281F206A9C30E9B9B114CE8

The answer to the question of how to take one of the most ruggedly effective rifles in the world, and change it into a worthless short range weapon.

It's good for our troops that most of these guys don't know what they are doing.

That's the CHS* version of the G-3.
We should send the Sadir's more hacksaws.....

*Can't Hit Shit
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 7:29:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 7:30:41 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It goes back to that old "if you're out past x o'clock you must be up to no good" idea.  I really don't have a problem with it.

ETA:
I have a bigger problem with him running the streets with that rifle to enforce said curfew.

+1
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 7:33:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 7:34:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks for the photos.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 7:36:52 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

ETA:

+1

sigh.....
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 7:37:13 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Here we go again.

OK, I'll bite......why? Because he's going to oppress you?  He's going to kill a puppy or deprive someone of their rights?

No, because I don't see the point.  Sorry but there just aren't hordes of heavily armed hooligans roaming the streets making off with TVs.  Most looters are oportunistic.  What's most needed is a police presence, not the SWAT team.  Most of the LEOs that are out in these situations wind up doing more helping for your victims than they do arresting of your looters.

It's one thing for the local LE agency to respond in SWAT gear for political riots or terrorist threats, but the idea that he needs his ninja-gear to keep some crackheads from stealing my bigscreen in ludicrous.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 7:38:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 7:39:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 7:46:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Thanks Lumpy, you do good work.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 7:54:23 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Here we go again.

OK, I'll bite......why? Because he's going to oppress you?  He's going to kill a puppy or deprive someone of their rights?

No, because I don't see the point.  Sorry but there just aren't hordes of heavily armed hooligans roaming the streets making off with TVs.  Most looters are oportunistic.  What's most needed is a police presence, not the SWAT team.  Most of the LEOs that are out in these situations wind up doing more helping for your victims than they do arresting of your looters.

It's one thing for the local LE agency to respond in SWAT gear for political riots or terrorist threats, but the idea that he needs his ninja-gear to keep some crackheads from stealing my bigscreen in ludicrous.

Please point out the "ninja gear"? I see a T-shirt and an external vest carrier, along with a patrol rifle.

I guess if some folks don't have something to bitch about, they make it up?
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 7:57:30 PM EDT
[#19]

I'm sorry, It's just hard to take a group of radicals seriously when they demonstrate in front of a giant picture of tweety bird.

I love thick women!!
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:05:15 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

ETA:

+1

sigh.....

I wont tell you about how LEO who hadnt been near my house for 2 days looked down their nose at me when I stopped them to chat on their first and only pass thru my neighborhood.
I glad they stayed away, we had it handled.

ETA: Every single looter that drove in here left at first sight of us without brandishing ONE weapon. No time to call LEO.
The first LEOs to come thru the park were driving high speed and I had to run and wave a flashlight to get them to stop. Fat lot of god they did. The fat guy behind the wheel couldnt have caught a turtle.
You guys with badges arent the be all end all. Some of us can take care of ourselves and you absoluely cannot take care of all of us.

I'd rather take care of myself.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:11:07 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm not a big cop apologist, but if it were MY job, to keep order during potential Civil Unrest resulting from a huge natural disaster...

I'd carry WTF ever I thought I MIGHT need.  I dont see where the cop is doing wrong. You take what gear you MAY need, not knowing when/if you may have backup available. Good call on his part to have a long arm.

D.
AZEX
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:16:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Excellent work, Lump.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 9:27:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Great pics as usual Lumpy.

And why do those South Korean guys always look so bad-ass?  
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 9:30:51 PM EDT
[#24]
hmmm, najaf is over and so is your hot streak. back to the drawing board, lumpy.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 9:38:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Once again a great set of pics.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 9:39:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Thanks Lumpy!
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 9:41:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Lumpy, great pics .Thanks!!!!
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 9:43:25 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

And why do those South Korean guys always look so bad-ass?  

I'm dead certain they take classes in it.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 12:37:03 AM EDT
[#29]
Nice!
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 12:48:12 AM EDT
[#30]
Is the rifle in the Hatian picture a Vz58?
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 12:57:38 AM EDT
[#31]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top