Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/7/2004 6:02:57 PM EDT
1) when boarding up windows by yourself, use a ledger board.  Have a hammer drill & a cordless for installing the tapcons.

2) Have a big heavy-ass safe that you aren't afraid to leave behind.  This way you won't have to try and pick which guns to take with you.

3) Have a couple of bug-out kits.  One should be food/water related, one should be weapon/ammo related, and one should be clothing/firstaid/toiletry related.  Since you'll likely be running in a vehicle, you can pack heavier, but you should be able to carry each kit by yourself in one trip.

4) It pays to have friends in other parts of the state.  My friend and his family put up with me and my dog for 6 days and went above and beyond in terms of feeding us.

5) Keep certain things in your vehicle.  A gas siphon is a good idea.  I'm not advocating stealing, but when gas gets short, you can bet your sweet bippy I'd find a way to make my car go.  A gas can goes along with the siphon.

6) If you have pets, have a few days food and a spare set of bowls to take with you, along with backups of any medications required.  Putting the food in ziplocks premeasured to the daily amount of food helps alot, and keeps the bugs out.

In short, it pays to have set kits ready to go at all times.  You shouldn't be rummaging to find your toothbrush, toothpaste, dog food, ammo, etc.  Have spares of all that shit ready to go so you can just grab the bag(s) & run.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top